Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: REAL Satanism

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)

REAL Satanism

I would like to take this opportunity to firstly: introduce myself to the religion section, and secondly: clear up some misconceptions about the particular set of beliefs known as Satanism.

My name is Daniel, and I have two Christian parents who had brought me up in a non-denominational, Christian way of life. I was all for it until I got a little older; that's when I decided, for various personal reasons, that Christianity was not the way I wanted to live. It made me feel guilty about whatever I was doing, and told me that I was evil no matter what and could only find happiness by rejecting myself and embracing someone I didn't even rightly know to exist. Time passed, and for a while I was an Agnostic with little real religious direction to my life.

Not very long ago, I came across a book in a Chapters store called The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. Now: in Christian circles this book is considered to be the inspiration of the Devil and Christians are told to avoid it at all costs; because it contains horrible blasphemies and witchcrafts. Naturally, I was curious to find out more about this controversial book and what it REALLY said inside, so I started to read it in the library.

What I read was so totally opposite what I expected that it shocked me to the core. No where did I find the mention of evil rites involving human sacrifices, burning babies, or tortured animals. Not once was there a mention of Devil Worship or anything else that you might expect to find in such a book. In fact, the philosophies of this religion are so sound and logical, one might even argue that many of us are Satanists without even realizing it.

At the core of Satanic teaching there is this saying: "Indulgence, instead of abstinence!" Basically, Satanists believe that you should indulge in your natural desires and do whatever feels good, SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE. The seven deadly sins the Bible talks about are virtues in Satanism, because they are natural feelings that result in mental, physical, or emotional pleasure.

I wanted to make this thread in hopes that people on this forum could have a logical and intelligent conversation about this important subject; without belittling or slandering any one else's beliefs. Whether you are Christian, Satanist, Hindu, Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, or non-religious, feel free to post in this discussion; any one's NON-aggressive opinion is appreciated, just leave off the arguments and hate, please. If all you want to do is say how much you disagree with Satanism and how you think it's stupid without actually backing up anything you say with valid proof, please don't post in here. I want this to be a friendly discussion.

While I will answer any one's questions about what Satanism IS in future posts, I will briefly clear up a few thing here with what it is NOT: (Note: Unless otherwise specified, I am referring to LaVey Satanism; not Set Satanism or Luciferianism.)

Satanism is NOT Devil Worship: (Most Satanists don't believe Satan exists as an entity. Satan is this case is a symbol of the forces outside the realm of science; specifically dealing with carnal desires and urges. The name Satan is given to these forces in reference to how it is the opposite to Christian teachings; as is the name of Darkness to what is opposite to Christianity's view of light. We take on these names because they are given to us, not because we believe in hairy goat-men with pitchforks.)

Satanists do NOT practice human sacrifice: (This is forbidden in Satanic texts because it contrasts with a human being's will to live.)

Satanists do NOT hurt children or animals: (This is expressly forbidden in The Satanic Bible.)

Satanists do NOT necessarily wear long black clothes and make-up: (I personally wear none of that stuff, and it is not required or encouraged.)

Satanists do NOT cut themselves, mutilate each other, or otherwise perform sick services in such a manner: (Again, this is forbidden.)

Satanists do NOT worship Satan: (The idea behind Satanism is that God is a being made by man, and thus by proxy man is worshiping himself. Satanists are more honest in this regard, in that they worship themselves and their ntural desires outright. It is a celebration of oneself and one's own will. Satanists will sometimes use the phrase "Hail Satan!", but what is signified is the hailing of carnality; thus you are effectively saying "Hail Me!")

Satanists do NOT condone doing whatever the fuk you want: (You only engage in whatever you feel like IF IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE. You are not allowed to force others to do anything against their will.)

Satanists do NOT believe in destroying everything: (A Satanist is to be peaceful unless he is under assault verbally, physically, or emotionally.)

Satanists do NOT cast retarded "magic spells" or think they can fly with magic wings: (While there is a certain degree of magic involved in Satanism, this type of "witchcraft" or "enchantment" is not only pathetic and false, but goes against the philosophy of Satanism in the first place.)

I will be glad to answer any questions you might have concerning this fascinating religion. Please do not turn this into a neg/rep war; this is my personal belief, even if it isn't yours. I don't flame your pages; don't flame mine. Thank you, BB.com, and let the discussion begin!

subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shouldnt they change the name since satanism means satan worship, maybe laveyism? It would be like Christianity coming out with a book that says they do not worship Christ or budhists that do not worship budha etc...

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by subpolarbear View Post
    Shouldnt they change the name since satanism means satan worship, maybe laveyism? It would be like Christianity coming out with a book that says they do not worship Christ or budhists that do not worship budha etc...
    Laveyism doesn't sound punkrock brah.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Gotta love Geraldo.

AP5 Crew

subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) subpolarbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    Laveyism doesn't sound punkrock brah.
    How about F.T.W ism?

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by subpolarbear View Post
    Good point!

Satanists have the word "Satan" in their name simply because this is the term Christians use to describe their ultimate symbol of carnality and the opposite of what they stand for. Satanism was revived by LaVey (Note: not STARTED, because it is a very old religion) because he saw the hypocrisy and self-deceit in Christian churches and wanted to fllow a path where everyone was satisfied and following their natural desires.

Satanists believe that the figure-head of Satan is a creation by the Christians as a symbol for all that they stand against, and thus, because Satanism stands against the hypocrisy and lies of The Christian Church, Satanists adopt the use of the word "Satan" to symbolize their independence and freedom of thought and conscience. It is a term and a symbol; not a god.

Satanism is basically the worship of oneself, so Satan can be thought of the concept of you, the physical, and natural instincts. When we refer to Satan, we refer to the concept of us as gods and to our indulgence in carnal ways. So in essence, Satan is a myth; the SYMBOL of Satan is very real indeed. Saying "Hail Satan!" is saying to yourself: "Hail Me!"

GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Religion aside, constant indulgence and centering everything around what one can do to make themself feel good just seems....... idk, egocentric and I can't word it, but it makes me think of every cocky dbag I've ever met.
    We need systems approach to government, no longer partisan patchwork
    adios guys, ill lurk 2/15

Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Gotta love Geraldo.

A classic example of Devil Worship; not true Satanism. Real Satanists absolutely do NOT condone torture or mutilation of anyone during rituals, nor do they condone violence against anyone unless you are assaulted first.

Please read my entire first post before you post this kind of thing again. I believe I had covered that point already.

These people are what we call pseudo-Satanists. They are deluded souls who cannot hope to ever become real Satanists because they don't truly believe in the Satanic concepts themselves. We do not worship Devils, or anything else spiritual for that matter. We have no gods, and we DO NOT WORSHIP SATAN AS A FIGURE-HEAD. Satanists are born, not made. If you have to force yourself to believe the concepts or have converted from another faith, then you are not a true Satanist.

We get a lot of sh!t from people who don't understand us, so that's why I created this thread in the first place; in order clear some things up. If you have any questions about this religion I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Originally Posted by GermanBB View Post
    Religion aside, constant indulgence and centering everything around what one can do to make themself feel good just seems....... idk, egocentric and I can't word it, but it makes me think of every cocky dbag I've ever met.
    Another valid point.

Look at the world today: young people engage in sexual acts for fun, entertainment and designer apparel have become the norm, everyone is looking to have fun and enjoy life to some extent. This is Satanism; indulging in your desires.

The idea is not to become cocky, even though pride is an important part of everyone's life. The idea is to break the chains of what religions tell you is right or good and embrace what you naturally desire; be it sex or chastity, monogamy or polygamy, revelry or peace, music or silence. What you want is freedom from people telling you that what you want is bad; what you want is perfectly good and natural to you. Satanism condones doing whatever you like, SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE IN DOING IT. You are expected to obey the laws of whatever land you live in.

I am not a very cocky person, as any of my friends can attest to; and I practice this wholeheartedly. No one likes a proud-ass, least of all a Satanist.

GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DanielBeauchamp View Post
    Another valid point.

Look at the world today: young people engage in sexual acts for fun, entertainment and designer apparel have become the norm, everyone is looking to have fun and enjoy life to some extent. This is Satanism; indulging in your desires.

The idea is not to become cocky, even though pride is an important part of everyone's life. The idea is to break the chains of what religions tell you is right or good and embrace what you naturally desire; be it sex or chastity, monogamy or polygamy, revelry or peace, music or silence. What you want is freedom from people telling you that what you want is bad; what you want is perfectly good and natural to you. Satanism condones doing whatever you like, SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE IN DOING IT. You are expected to obey the laws of whatever land you live in.

I am not a very cocky person, as any of my friends can attest to; and I practice this wholeheartedly. No one likes a proud-ass, least of all a Satanist.
    So it's more of a life philosophy than a religion.. a bit like anarchism, without wanting to destroy the government.. just wanting to do as you please. Is this accurate?

So it's more of a life philosophy than a religion.. a bit like anarchism, without wanting to destroy the government.. just wanting to do as you please. Is this accurate?
    Very accurate! We do not worship anything, except symbolically worshiping ourselves through indulgence in whatever we feel like doing. We don't literally stand in front of a mirror and do bows (that's just foolish), but instead we eliminate the ties of religion in how we conduct our daily lives and don't worship god, the devil, or anything like that. We don't believe in the afterlife either, so what we do here and now matters; not anything in the future.

You just do as you please, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and is within the realms of the laws of the country you live in.

Exactly right, man!

Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tiffany Wantsmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Christian depiction of Satan is a rip-off of the pagan god of fertility as well, as they wanted to associate sex with sin.

This is probably quite similar to the hedonism thread. Hedonism, satanism, whatever, lol
    **** Atheist Alliance ****

**Holds metal part of the car door awkwardly in order to avoid static shock crew**
    **Sometimes I have the girl version of wet dreams crew**
    **Anti-circumcision/Pro-foreskin crew**

sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500) sironous is not very helpful. (-500)
    I would like to take this opportunity to firstly: introduce myself to the religion section, and secondly: clear up some misconceptions about the particular set of beliefs known as Satanism.

My name is Daniel, and I have two Christian parents who had brought me up in a non-denominational, Christian way of life. I was all for it until I got a little older; that's when I decided, for various personal reasons, that Christianity was not the way I wanted to live. It made me feel guilty about whatever I was doing, and told me that I was evil no matter what and could only find happiness by rejecting myself and embracing someone I didn't even rightly know to exist. Time passed, and for a while I was an Agnostic with little real religious direction to my life.

Not very long ago, I came across a book in a Chapters store called The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. Now: in Christian circles this book is considered to be the inspiration of the Devil and Christians are told to avoid it at all costs; because it contains horrible blasphemies and witchcrafts. Naturally, I was curious to find out more about this controversial book and what it REALLY said inside, so I started to read it in the library.

What I read was so totally opposite what I expected that it shocked me to the core. No where did I find the mention of evil rites involving human sacrifices, burning babies, or tortured animals. Not once was there a mention of Devil Worship or anything else that you might expect to find in such a book. In fact, the philosophies of this religion are so sound and logical, one might even argue that many of us are Satanists without even realizing it.

At the core of Satanic teaching there is this saying: "Indulgence, instead of abstinence!" Basically, Satanists believe that you should indulge in your natural desires and do whatever feels good, SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE. The seven deadly sins the Bible talks about are virtues in Satanism, because they are natural feelings that result in mental, physical, or emotional pleasure.

I wanted to make this thread in hopes that people on this forum could have a logical and intelligent conversation about this important subject; without belittling or slandering any one else's beliefs. Whether you are Christian, Satanist, Hindu, Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, or non-religious, feel free to post in this discussion; any one's NON-aggressive opinion is appreciated, just leave off the arguments and hate, please. If all you want to do is say how much you disagree with Satanism and how you think it's stupid without actually backing up anything you say with valid proof, please don't post in here. I want this to be a friendly discussion.

While I will answer any one's questions about what Satanism IS in future posts, I will briefly clear up a few thing here with what it is NOT: (Note: Unless otherwise specified, I am referring to LaVey Satanism; not Set Satanism or Luciferianism.)

Satanism is NOT Devil Worship: (Most Satanists don't believe Satan exists as an entity. Satan is this case is a symbol of the forces outside the realm of science; specifically dealing with carnal desires and urges. The name Satan is given to these forces in reference to how it is the opposite to Christian teachings; as is the name of Darkness to what is opposite to Christianity's view of light. We take on these names because they are given to us, not because we believe in hairy goat-men with pitchforks.)

Satanists do NOT practice human sacrifice: (This is forbidden in Satanic texts because it contrasts with a human being's will to live.)

Satanists do NOT hurt children or animals: (This is expressly forbidden in The Satanic Bible.)

Satanists do NOT necessarily wear long black clothes and make-up: (I personally wear none of that stuff, and it is not required or encouraged.)

Satanists do NOT cut themselves, mutilate each other, or otherwise perform sick services in such a manner: (Again, this is forbidden.)

Satanists do NOT worship Satan: (The idea behind Satanism is that God is a being made by man, and thus by proxy man is worshiping himself. Satanists are more honest in this regard, in that they worship themselves and their ntural desires outright. It is a celebration of oneself and one's own will. Satanists will sometimes use the phrase "Hail Satan!", but what is signified is the hailing of carnality; thus you are effectively saying "Hail Me!")

Satanists do NOT condone doing whatever the fuk you want: (You only engage in whatever you feel like IF IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE. You are not allowed to force others to do anything against their will.)

Satanists do NOT believe in destroying everything: (A Satanist is to be peaceful unless he is under assault verbally, physically, or emotionally.)

Satanists do NOT cast retarded "magic spells" or think they can fly with magic wings: (While there is a certain degree of magic involved in Satanism, this type of "witchcraft" or "enchantment" is not only pathetic and false, but goes against the philosophy of Satanism in the first place.)

I will be glad to answer any questions you might have concerning this fascinating religion. Please do not turn this into a neg/rep war; this is my personal belief, even if it isn't yours. I don't flame your pages; don't flame mine. Thank you, BB.com, and let the discussion begin!

Cool story sally.

Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000) Faboo is just really nice. (+1000)
    how long ago did u first read about it?
    S&P OG.....

Traditional Wet Shaver Crew....

Real Tits Hang Crew..

F1 2014 Mercedes, Ferrari

"Multi 21 seb, multi 21" sepang 2013...never forget

1K+

Originally Posted by Faboo View Post
    how long ago did u first read about it?
    About a year ago.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why follow a proscribed method of self-worship? It seems pointless and meaningless. (not being rude, just doesn't make sense to let someone/thing tell you how to live if you truly believe that you are your own "god")

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore View Post
    The Christian depiction of Satan is a rip-off of the pagan god of fertility as well, as they wanted to associate sex with sin.

This is probably quite similar to the hedonism thread. Hedonism, satanism, whatever, lol
    This is true. You will find much of Christianity has elements of pagan influence in it; especially the holidays.

Eeh...Satanism and Hedonism...not the same, exactly. I am discussing the LaVey Satanism in The Satanic Bible in this thread, which has its own set of beliefs and principles. So far as I know, there's no other name for it that is accurate.

Why follow a proscribed method of self-worship? It seems pointless and meaningless. (not being rude, just doesn't make sense to let someone/thing tell you how to live if you truly believe that you are your own "god")
    That's the beauty of it: there's no real rules other than no harm to people who don't harm you first. There are no rituals to your self-worship; in fact, every religion is self-worship because all gods are man's own imitations of himself. Satanists are just a little more honest about it than most people.

No one tells me how to indulge in what I want; I just do it. As long as I don't hurt anyone and don't break any laws, there's no reason not to.

Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000)
    This Satanism seems interesting but i don't see why you'd need a book to tell you to do what you want as long as it does't hurt people.

Would you call Satanism a religion or an ideology.

would you say Satanism has close links to atheism/agnosticism?
    *****Voted no to Brexit crew*****

*****Atheist Crew*****

*****Norwich City FC*****

That's the beauty of it: there's no real rules other than no harm to people who don't harm you first. There are no rituals to your self-worship; in fact, every religion is self-worship because all gods are man's own imitations of himself. Satanists are just a little more honest about it than most people.

No one tells me how to indulge in what I want; I just do it. As long as I don't hurt anyone and don't break any laws, there's no reason not to.
    You listed a few things that are forbidden or discouraged, and what makes Lavey's opinion on those things any more valid than anyone else's? What makes Lavey able to proscribe behaviour and dictate "morality" for you, even if it is "do as you will, harm none" or whatever he says. In other words, if there is no meaning and you are your own god, why bother listening to some dude about how to live? Why not just do whatever you want to and ignore him completely?

-Nietzsche

On a small level I would say ok to this, but on a large level it seems like it would develop problems just like any other idea of thought [religion/philosophy] once it gains a lot of followers.

Originally Posted by Large_Emu View Post
    This Satanism seems interesting but i don't see why you'd need a book to tell you to do what you want as long as it does't hurt people.

Would you call Satanism a religion or an ideology.
    It doesn't tell you what to do: it tells you to do what YOU want to do. It's pretty much a wake-up call to everyone; do whatever the fuk you please, as long as you hurt no one and obey the law! Other religions tell you to abstain, Satanism tells you to indulge. It is a religion because there are a set of beliefs and to a certain extent forms of worship; but the twist is that you worship your self and your carnal instincts: another term for this is Satan.

It is an ideology in its teachings; a religion in its practice. You worship yourself as a god, and you pay homage to Satan; which is simply another word for your carnality. Satan = your carnal instincts. You are Satan.

JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It seems to me that maintaining any sort of humility or discipline would run contrary to the hedonistic indulgence promoted by Satanism.

Why exercise? It has long term benefits, but it may not feel good in the present.
    Why maintain a strict diet? It feels good to eat whatever, whenever, in whatever quantities.
    Why study anything? Why get out of bed? and on and on..

It seems to be a philosophy that encourages impulsive, short-term behavior. Responsible, long-term decisions, the kind that require sacrifice in the present in exchange for an increased payoff in the future, would be anti-Satanist, correct?

Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000) Large_Emu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JB05 View Post
    It seems to me that maintaining any sort of humility or discipline would run contrary to the hedonistic indulgence promoted by Satanism.

Why exercise? It has long term benefits, but it may not feel good in the present.
    Why maintain a strict diet? It feels good to eat whatever, whenever, in whatever quantities.

It seems to be a philosophy that encourages impulsive, short-term behavior. Responsible, long-term decisions, the kind that require sacrifice in the present in exchange for an increased payoff in the future, would be anti-Satanist, correct?
    no because those things will make you feel good about yourself/give you confidence.
    *****Voted no to Brexit crew*****

*****Atheist Crew*****

*****Norwich City FC*****

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is a religion because there are a set of beliefs and to a certain extent forms of worship...
    So, what are some of the beliefs and forms of worship?

Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000) Pnigro is just really nice. (+1000)

And that's the reason why we should never be 100% satanist or 100% buddhist or 100% whatever.

We should just take the best ideas from each religion and philosophy. Kinda like MMA.

You listed a few things that are forbidden or discouraged, and what makes Lavey's opinion on those things any more valid than anyone else's? What makes Lavey able to proscribe behaviour and dictate "morality" for you, even if it is "do as you will, harm none" or whatever he says. In other words, if there is no meaning and you are your own god, why bother listening to some dude about how to live? Why not just do whatever you want to and ignore him completely?
    All that is really discouraged is harming others without cause. Satanists can feel free to hurt others who hurt them first.

Some things are difficult to explain unless you form your own opinions on them. The best thing I can tell you is to read the actual Satanic Bible for yourself and see how you like it. It's not very long; maybe 200 pages. It answers every question you might have.

You have to have SOME rules; when it says to indulge in carnality, it means to indulge in all those carnal desires other religions tell you are sinful. If it comes naturally, do it. In his book, LaVey basically tells you: "Hey! Wake up! Do what you want to, because you are god!" Of course we have certain things that are forbidden for various reasons, but there's always a logical reason for forbidding it.

What restriction did you find to be unnecessary?

Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Teenytinyboo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    SO LONG AS IT HURTS NO ONE ELSE.
    Because you can't argue with the universe/God/the creator/the source/the light , what ever you give out will come right back to you, it's one of the only few things that ever major religion agrees on. Do what you will and let it hurt no other/Karma/ do unto others/ the goldren rule/lex talionis/ what goes around comes around.

Karma is not a form a punishment, it's a learning tool that exists to teach you how to love and how to be loved unconditionally.

Op why you would listen to anything that comes out of Anton Lavey's mouth, the man condoned human sacrifice amongst other unspeakable things. A true satanist worships no one else but him self, they have no love for anyone not even their own family or the people they surround themselves with. They cannot coexist with love.

The dark path is lonely, as your ego grows so will the pain, you weren't made to be on your own, it is not worth it.

Ultimately the choice is yours dark or light you're not judged for choosing either, but you have to live with the consequences of your choice.

On a small level I would say ok to this, but on a large level it seems like it would develop problems just like any other idea of thought [religion/philosophy] once it gains a lot of followers.
    It may; because all religions do. This is why we have so many stupid Devil Worshipers calling themselves Satanists and giving us a bad name. lol

You exercise because it fuels your pride, and strengthens your body; which is god.

You don't do anything you don't want to do. I want to be an Engineer, because I want the money that comes with it. I am studying for it. This is what I want.