I have a quick question for the resident PT's. I am due to give my first workout session to a client next week and whilst I feel totally confident in my abilities, I would like to hear your opinions on my planned routine.
The client is a total newbie to the gym and wants to increase his general health and fitness. The workout is to include a 5 minute warmup, 20 minutes workout and then 5 minute stretch/warmdown. No machines are to be used, not even for the warmup.
Here is my plan:
* Boxing with pushups OR
* Stepups with high knees OR
* Star jumps and burpees
Circuit style, minimal rest between (I will give the client around 30 seconds rest if he needs it throughout the workout)
* 30 seconds of squats + shoulder press (squat holding medicine ball, performing shoulder press with the medicine ball as they come to the top of the squat)
* Pushups giving me a high 5 with each hand at the top of the pushup (client interaction) - 15 reps
* Situps with me kneeling at their feet and they punch my hands as they come up to the top of the situp - 20 total (10 punches per hand)
* Seated russian twist / oblique ball throw (throw the medicine ball to them from the side, they rotate, then throw it back whilst rotating back towards me) - 8 per side
* Towel single arm rows (I hold a towel and they do standing single arm rows) - set of 15
* Walking lunges
* Hands on PNF hamstring stretch
* Hands on chest stretch (client has hands behind their head, me behind them pulling elbows back)
* Hands on glute stretch
* (Optional) calf SMR/foam roller
Any suggestions or criticisms welcome.
Thread: First Workout for Client