ronssoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

following "the truth about body building" diet and workout, help plz

first off I thought i should give some info on myself: Im 22, male, 188lbs, 5'11, i work out slightly, my job is a mechanic so im on my feet all day doing physical work.

I'm getting ready to start my diet and workouts next monday, my first question is:

for me to gain muscle i calculated it and my daily calorie intake is between 3,540 & 3,693 calories per day
    so should a choose the 3,500 calorie diet or the 4,000 calorie diet? my guess is the 4,000 calorie diet since im trying to gain more muscle,

secondly here is one day of the diet plan for 4000 calories
    Workout: Weight Resistance at 9:30 am and this is the food Schedule: 6:00 am Breakfast, 9:00 am Snack, 11:30 am Snack , 1:00 pm Mid Meal , 4:00 pm Dinner ,7:00 pm Snack

here are the meals in order as listed above:
    -6:00 am Breakfast
    77 grams Protein powder
    2 cups Skim Milk
    2 cups Oatmeal
    3 2/3 tsp Olive, Flax or Salmon Oils
    Calories:

-9:00 am Snack Meal (pre workout)
    35 grams Protein powder
    1 cup Skim Milk
    2/3 cup Oatmeal
    1 tsp Olive, Flax or Salmon Oils
    Calories:

-11:30 am Snack Meal Portions: (post workout)
    42 grams Protein powder
    2 2/3 cups Fruit juice
    5 grams creatine
    daily multivitamin
    Calories:

-1:00 pm Mid Meal
    2 1/3 cups Rice
    2 Peppers (bell or cubanelle)
    3 1/3 tsp Olive, Flax or Salmon Oils
    13 oz Tuna, canned in water
    Calories:

-4:00 pm Dinner
    13 oz Chicken breast, skinless
    1/3 cup Applesauce
    2 1/3 cups Rice
    10 tbsp Almonds, slivered
    Calories:

-7:00 pm Snack
    35 grams Protein powder
    1/2 cup Yogurt, plain, low fat
    2/3 cup Oatmeal
    1 tsp Olive, Flax or Salmon Oils
    Calories:
    Total Daily Portions: Protein: 57 Carbohydrates: 38 Fat: 37 Calories: 3963
    ** Remember to drink between 10 and 12 glasses of water per day. **

my question is this.. I work from 7:30am until 6:30 pm so i cannot work out at 9am like the guide suggests me to.. i get to the gym at about 7pm,
    so i could follow this plan but then i would be drinking my 9am pre workout protein shake and my 11:30am post workout protein shake way to early i think right? and i know how important it is to have a protein shake right before and after an intense workout etc..
    so what should i do? since im suppose to be having a meal every 2-3 hours i cant just eat nothing from 6am to 1pm
    I did buy a supplement package from prograde called the super hero package it can be found right here~ http ://store.getprograde.com/Combo-Packs.html

in this pack it includes a meal replacement, so what i was thinking is instead of drinking my pre and post protein shake early in the day what if i just replace them with a meal replacement shake and continue following the diet guide and when its time for me to work out i take my pre protein shake 45min before working out and my post protein shake along with creatine right after my workout would this be good or would adding in 2 meal replacement shakes be to many calories? I'm really lost and i start this plan next monday, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

anyone have any advice please?

isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50) isupply will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    instead of your pre and post workout meals in the morning just replace them with what you would be having later in the day

Recovering Broholic demigodMatt's Avatar
    demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ronssoul View Post
    anyone have any advice please?
    Since you provided a detailed background on yourself I will attempt to help.

Yes, eat closer to 4,000 calories per workout day to gain mass.
    Yes, shift your pre- and post-workout meals to the time frame where they will be before and after your workout.
    Eating a meal replacement pack is up to you. I don't know how/what you currently eat so it is up to you to determine if a meal replacement will fill you up enough or cover your caloric needs.
    Google search for a website to use to track what you eat. There is also a forum in the nutrition section about the different websites that people use for this.

Tips: you may want to eat your pre-workout meal about an hour before you work out. This is only because it contains oats (or any solid food) and you want to give your body time enough to digest it so you don't barf during your workout. If you can eat it 30 minutes prior without issue then don't worry about it.
    Be careful what type of juice you mix your creatine with, citrus juices cause it to become unusable in the body.
    http://www.creatinejournal.com/creat...xing-creatine/
    What someone should do is write a book called the Dipsh!t Diet. You take a sh!t, & dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped sh!t. If and only if the amount of sh!t you eat doesn't calorically exceed the amount you burn, you will succeed on the diet. - Alan Aragon

thank you both for your input and thanks matt for the info on creatine, I was thinking of mixing my monohydrate creatine with dextrose and some iced tea mix, i think that sounds pretty good right? and one more thing, will it be ok to mix my glutamine supp with creatine or should i take my glutamine in a drink by itself before i go to bed? thanks again

erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erko78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you both for your input and thanks matt for the info on creatine, I was thinking of mixing my monohydrate creatine with dextrose and some iced tea mix, i think that sounds pretty good right? and one more thing, will it be ok to mix my glutamine supp with creatine or should i take my glutamine in a drink by itself before i go to bed? thanks again
    3800-4000 calories will put mass on you currently

Recovering Broholic demigodMatt's Avatar
    demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're welcome. I don't know anything about glutamine. I just happen to have read your post about juice + creatine and remembered reading somewhere that citrus juices negate its effectiveness.
    What someone should do is write a book called the Dipsh!t Diet. You take a sh!t, & dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped sh!t. If and only if the amount of sh!t you eat doesn't calorically exceed the amount you burn, you will succeed on the diet. - Alan Aragon