japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10) japhey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pre-workout sups on empty stomach

I have noticed that No-xplode recommends that you take the product on an empty stomach. I am taking White Flood right now and I haven't noticed that recommendatin (not to say its not there). I have definitely noticed a better results taking both sups on an empty stomach (although it doesn't seem to matter nearly as much with WF), but this also usually leads to low blood sugar for me half-way through the workout. Having a barbell full of weight above your face is not a good time to get dizzy, weak, or light-headed.

I try to eat something right before I take the floor, but the sugar never seems to hit me quick enough.

Anyone else notice this problem?

Registered User LiftHardOrDie22's Avatar
    LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftHardOrDie22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by japhey View Post
    I have noticed that No-xplode recommends that you take the product on an empty stomach. I am taking White Flood right now and I haven't noticed that recommendatin (not to say its not there). I have definitely noticed a better results taking both sups on an empty stomach (although it doesn't seem to matter nearly as much with WF), but this also usually leads to low blood sugar for me half-way through the workout. Having a barbell full of weight above your face is not a good time to get dizzy, weak, or light-headed.

I try to eat something right before I take the floor, but the sugar never seems to hit me quick enough.

Anyone else notice this problem?
    The reason for taking it on an empty stomach is for increased blood flow to your muscles. If your busy digesting food that is taking blood away from your muscles during your lift. If your getting light headed/dizzy maybe you can juggle your eating schedule to better fit your workouts.

Personally, I try to eat a meal atleast an hr before i take my preworkout, then I'm in the gym 15mins later. I know a lot of preworkouts recommed 45mins- 1hr before you lift, but I prefer not to wait that long.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" Socrates

NASM CPT, CES, PES Certified
    TRX Suspension Training Certified

BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually find the same thing - and it lasts all day. If I take a pre-workout supplement without anything in my stomach, I'll carry that lightheaded, dizzy feeling with me all day even after I do eat.
    (granted, I'm all of 106 lbs and sensitive to stimulants, but it is the same issue)
    I fix it by just having something small, like a boiled egg or a half cup of oatmeal.
    Embrace Fire, Love the Burn!

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bry.Jensen.Fitness
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryJensen

astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i got 2 packets of free samples of no-xplode 2.0 on the back it says you SHOULD eat something so i'm not sure why yours says take on empty. I must admit when you train to put tension on the muscle you want to train you can manually create that pump with this stuff

either-ways i think if you take with an empty stomach i'd say drink heaps of water and follow up with food later or risk too much of this synthetic garbage stressing the liver and kidney trying to flush that crap out of the system. On an empty stomach especially if you're fasting will probably force the body to dig into your back up energy stores i.e fat, so thats a pro

i think you get light headed maybe because you're not use to it and/or eating under your calories, i mean fasting can make you weak and tired and dizzy at first but after a week you're body gets use to it.

mike changs special guest "john romaniello" states we have a hormone called "grelin" nicknamed THE HUNGER HORMONE if you train your body to need 5 meals a day you'll get constantly be hungry, if you train it to eat less it takes around 1 week to retrain and reprogram your grelin

p.s its scientifically proven the body doesn't respond to frequency of food but the by the calories 5 meals is a myth