Woodson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Protein Shakes For Post-Workout

What are the best Protein Shakes that are great for a post-workout meal, while cutting that include all that stuff like dextrose and all that other staff that you need after workouts.

I'm currently taking whey optimum protein but it has no carbs so I need to mix it with dextrose.. it kind of gets annoying.

I just want to find a solid protein shake that includes all that good staff for post-workout purposes only while cutting.
    Peace and Love

BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    there's one that I ordered from www.**************.com that's supposed to be good its called Anabolic MRP has 7% glutamine and creatine, and even flax powder.

BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullDozer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    there's one that I ordered from www.**************.com that's supposed to be good its called Anabolic MRP has 7% glutamine and creatine, and even flax powder.

note that it doesn't come with a scoop so have fun trying to figure out how muich you're supposed to take...I know I am

make sure you read this thread first tho...just to be warned

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=97588

another thing is I'm not trying to gain weight.. I'm cutting therefore loosing the fat.
    Peace and Love

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The anabolic wouldn't be a good choicec as it contains flax, which is unndesireable.

www.proteincustomizer.com has post workout formulas.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

any protein shakes?
    Peace and Love

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lean Mass Matrix if you're looking for something premade and are not on keto.

Better yet make your own. It's easy.

would n-large 2 be good?
    Peace and Love

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Woodson
    would n-large 2 be good?
    "Ooo earth, open-up and suck me in"
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

thewildjoe1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Lonny
    The anabolic wouldn't be a good choicec as it contains flax, which is unndesireable.

www.proteincustomizer.com has post workout formulas.
    why no flax? what's bad about that?

bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigswole30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am right behind you RippedUp.

Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Supa Freek 420
    Lean Mass Matrix if you're looking for something premade and are not on keto.

Better yet make your own. It's easy.
    Care to point a no0b where to find the desirable ingredients/nutritional value for post-workout shakes (when bulking)?

Tim

Originally posted by bigswole30
    I am right behind you RippedUp.

Cool to hear.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by thewildjoe1975
    why no flax? what's bad about that?
    Because post workout you want to spike insulin. When you spike insulin you do not want the presence of fat. Post workout you do not want fast because it will also slow the digestion of the protein and carbs.

Get fast acting carbs and fast whey(and if you think its necessary, cassien)
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed with others. Although you can get into the debate of pre and during workout nutrition which would argue against even needing the post workout insulin spike, but that is another debate for another thread which has been discussed numerous times before.

I just make my own up. I will mix a little over a quarter serving of Pro Lab NLarge, getting about 30grams of carbs, plus one scoop of Optimum Nutrition Whey, plus 5 grams of glutamine and BCAA. It has been fine for me.

But if post workout is what you are looking for, save the flax for maybe your meal following your post workout. I personally know of a great thread that is maybe 5 or so pages long that I particpated in that covered alot of these issues and debated alot of good points. I will try and find it and post it for you. This should cover alot of your questions along with the 100 other threads that have covered this.
    Jerry

"Everybody wants it, but not everyone is willing to pay the price to get it!"

"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."

"Winning's not everything, it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

"Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Satchell Paige's response to a reporter inquiring about his age.

csakiges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jerry

"Everybody wants it, but not everyone is willing to pay the price to get it!"

"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."

"Winning's not everything, it's the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

"Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Satchell Paige's response to a reporter inquiring about his age.