desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10) desertgoat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just starting out... again

Clif's-- Was in shape, now out of shape, starting fresh.

Long Post--

Just like most folks, I'm planning on starting 2010 off by changing a few things. First and foremost by getting back in shape. I left the US Army 5 years ago in great shape. I didn't always max the Army Physical Fitness Test, until toward the end of my Army Career being stationed at Fort Bragg where being fit is more of a way of life the most other places in the Army. Before the military I was a 3 sport athlete in highschool, football/ wrestling/ baseball. So most of my life I have HAD to be strong. Now, I don't feel so strong, I'm only 28, and I'm starting to feel like an old man, and I have gained a considerable amount of weight. after 5 years of really not much excercise. I exited the military at a lean mean 5'9" 190lbs 6pack abs, cut legs, big "Goldberg" looking shoulders. Now, I have skinny legs, a gut, and man boobs, and weigh in at a sexy 230lbs

I have been looking around to try to find a good program to get started with. I think I have found it. After doing a bit of digging around I came across these forums and Rippetoe's Starting Stregth program. Seems to me it keeps it simple, straight forward, and is a great way to start off to gain initial strength efficientlly. So the plan is to do this along with eating clean, cutting the soda, and other bs. My target is to go until I hit the "pleateu" take a week off, then train at a boxing gym to cut, while doing maintence lifting to try not to lose the strength I have gained. I know Rippetoe doesn't recommend doing alot of cardio, but I think I'm going to try to work in atleast 20-30 minutes of some kind of light cardio on the non-lifting days, probably in the form of light jogs with the mutt around the hood.

I have come across a wealth of information by creeping around this site, and it seems it is full of friendly, dedicated, knowledgable folks. I'm going to attempt to visit this site often and feed off you guys/ gals, to keep me motivated in my new qwest of improving my life.