Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Ninja Assassin AndrewChan's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 30
    Stats: 6'0", 202 lbs
    Posts: 3,243
    Rep Power: 1884
    AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AndrewChan's BodySpace
    AndrewChan is offline

    How long does it take to enter a catabolic state? (1k reps)

    Okay so I got sucked into the whole Muscle & Fitness nutrition guide where they say to take a casein shake before bed and take a whey protein shake upon waking. I've been doing that for the past few years and things have been good.

    But does your body really enter a catabolic state within 8 hours of not eating? My dinner during a cut is usually 2 chicken breasts and a large side of vegetables.

    How many of you do the same (ie casein before bed, whey upon waking)?

    Thanks guys.


    1k reps for answers.
    PM me if I forget to rep you.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    USAPL Nut Hugger ErickStevens's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Sarasota, Florida, United States
    Stats: 6'0", 207 lbs
    Posts: 23,387
    Rep Power: 72507
    ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ErickStevens has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ErickStevens's BodySpace
    ErickStevens is online now
    Originally Posted by AndrewChan View Post
    .
    But does your body really enter a catabolic state within 8 hours of not eating?
    No.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155661573&pagenumber=
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User bretthobbs2008's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Location: Wylie, Texas, United States
    Age: 25
    Stats: 5'9", 178 lbs
    Posts: 285
    Rep Power: 14
    bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) bretthobbs2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit bretthobbs2008's BodySpace
    bretthobbs2008 is offline
    Originally Posted by AndrewChan View Post
    Okay so I got sucked into the whole Muscle & Fitness nutrition guide where they say to take a casein shake before bed and take a whey protein shake upon waking. I've been doing that for the past few years and things have been good.

    But does your body really enter a catabolic state within 8 hours of not eating? My dinner during a cut is usually 2 chicken breasts and a large side of vegetables.

    How many of you do the same (ie casein before bed, whey upon waking)?

    Thanks guys.


    1k reps for answers.
    PM me if I forget to rep you.
    Nope! Our bodies have adapted to long periods of famine in our species infancy. If our bodies really did breakdown after just 8 hours our species would be long extinct
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User bigaznjeff's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Stats: 5'10", 205 lbs
    Posts: 1,457
    Rep Power: 650
    bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigaznjeff has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit bigaznjeff's BodySpace
    bigaznjeff is offline
    Can't tell you how long until your body goes into a "catabolic" state, but there are several factors you need to consider. One of the most careful considerations is nitrogen balance. If you train intensely, your nitrogen balance can drop after only 2.5 hours without protein. Shortly after that you will go from an anabolic state, into a catabolic state, wasting muscle through several mechanisms, one being gluconeogenesis.

    Another factor you should consider is the time between meals. Or how long you go without food. Going without food for long periods of time can make you more insulin sensitive, meaning that the calories you ingest are more likely to be converted to fat as a long term energy reserve than anything else. This is how a body typically responds to periods of time without nourishment via macronutrients.

    Everyone is different, and everyone has different eating habits. Our bodies are extremely adaptive and so we get used to our regular eating schedules.

    This regularity is disrupted when we stray from normal eating patterns, and our body sees this as times of hardship. A time when food is not available.

    In short, IMO, you're not doing significant harm by missing a few meals on occasions, but you should try to eat regularly.

    Hope this helps OP.
    Haven't been on this website in 2 years but I'm back.
    NYC CREW
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    ass dat's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 28
    Posts: 5,857
    BodyPoints: 1032
    Rep Power: 11562
    dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit dat's BodySpace
    dat is offline
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    No.
    I disagree to an extent. I know what was meant was "muscle catabolism", and in this case I agree with you.

    After how long will muscle catabolism occur? Depends on your body, but definitely far longer than 8 hours.
    іяс
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Ninja Assassin AndrewChan's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 30
    Stats: 6'0", 202 lbs
    Posts: 3,243
    Rep Power: 1884
    AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AndrewChan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AndrewChan's BodySpace
    AndrewChan is offline
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    No.
    ok...care to elaborate?



    Originally Posted by bretthobbs2008 View Post
    Nope! Our bodies have adapted to long periods of famine in our species infancy. If our bodies really did breakdown after just 8 hours our species would be long extinct
    sorry, i meant "muscle catabolism" as another poster noted. i know we won't start to die if we go 12 hrs without food (ie sleeping for half a day), i meant would our muscle really break down overnight?

    Originally Posted by bigaznjeff View Post
    Can't tell you how long until your body goes into a "catabolic" state, but there are several factors you need to consider. One of the most careful considerations is nitrogen balance. If you train intensely, your nitrogen balance can drop after only 2.5 hours without protein. Shortly after that you will go from an anabolic state, into a catabolic state, wasting muscle through several mechanisms, one being gluconeogenesis.

    Another factor you should consider is the time between meals. Or how long you go without food. Going without food for long periods of time can make you more insulin sensitive, meaning that the calories you ingest are more likely to be converted to fat as a long term energy reserve than anything else. This is how a body typically responds to periods of time without nourishment via macronutrients.

    Everyone is different, and everyone has different eating habits. Our bodies are extremely adaptive and so we get used to our regular eating schedules.

    This regularity is disrupted when we stray from normal eating patterns, and our body sees this as times of hardship. A time when food is not available.

    In short, IMO, you're not doing significant harm by missing a few meals on occasions, but you should try to eat regularly.

    Hope this helps OP.
    thanks, i was wondering if we do harm by not taking in casein before bed and whey upon waking

    Originally Posted by dat View Post
    I disagree to an extent. I know what was meant was "muscle catabolism", and in this case I agree with you.

    After how long will muscle catabolism occur? Depends on your body, but definitely far longer than 8 hours.
    ok thanks!
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    ass dat's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 28
    Posts: 5,857
    BodyPoints: 1032
    Rep Power: 11562
    dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dat has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit dat's BodySpace
    dat is offline
    Also, you must remember that food does not digest immediately after you swallow...
    іяс
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    makes sandwitches barbellina's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: United States
    Age: 23
    Stats: 5'2", 112 lbs
    Posts: 451
    Rep Power: 0
    barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) barbellina has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit barbellina's BodySpace
    barbellina is offline
    honestly I have no idea how long it takes for our bodies to go "catabolic" but I DO know many people have had great sucess on the Warrior diet and since their "eating window" is only 4-8 hours they must be going 16+ hours w/o food so I assume it takes longer then that. I play it safe and have my whey (usually with something fatty) before bed and whey (with or without something) upon waking
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User EmperorRyker's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Age: 29
    Stats: 5'11", 141 lbs
    Posts: 1,584
    Rep Power: 1503
    EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EmperorRyker has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit EmperorRyker's BodySpace
    EmperorRyker is offline
    Originally Posted by barbellina View Post
    honestly I have no idea how long it takes for our bodies to go "catabolic" but I DO know many people have had great sucess on the Warrior diet and since their "eating window" is only 4-8 hours they must be going 16+ hours w/o food so I assume it takes longer then that. I play it safe and have my whey (usually with something fatty) before bed and whey (with or without something) upon waking
    I think your body DOES go catabolic, but you obviously can't notice it since catabolism is offset by later anabolism. And at the end of the day, it's the net result that matters and not specific catabolic/anabolic stages.
    "In all things there is a poison and there is nothing without a poison. It depends only upon the dose whether a poison is a poison or not." ~ Paracelsus
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Internet Pirate Opies's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Canada
    Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Posts: 7,485
    Rep Power: 6266
    Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Opies's BodySpace
    Opies is offline
    your body is almost constantly entering and leaving a "catabolic state" although such a thing does not really exist. Your body is constantly participating in catabolism in order to maintain steady blood sugar.

    Catabolism and muscle breakdown are not the same thing. Muscle catabolism is not the preferred route for energy needs.
    Last edited by Opies; 01-04-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User ScronnyJonny's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2013
    Age: 20
    Stats: 6'0", 165 lbs
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ScronnyJonny is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit ScronnyJonny's BodySpace
    ScronnyJonny is offline
    Catobilism happens, a lot more frequent than youd think. Okay try to think of it like this. Your body uses food for energy. Energy can't be made with out it. Your body also uses food for repairing your muscle after an intense work out (via protein, threw protein synthisis). But many people over look that your muscles consume calories at rest. Yes, your muscle need to be fueled to just exists!
    without enough fuel in the tank your body will start to take your hard earnd muscle and break it down into aminos to give your body energy inorder to keep your organs functioning.
    Think of this, your body doesn't care about how big your muscles are, or how long it took you to get where you are. It just cares about functioning properly and with out enough food for some reason it finds breaking down muscle for fuel is the easiest way for it to do so. going with out food for even 3hours can put your body into a state of catoblism, this doesn't mean you'll shrink to skin and bones within these few hours but it means your body needs fuel and it will do what it needs to in order to get it.
    So keeping a steady flow of amino acids in your blood stream threw the day, and night. Is the Most effective way of keeping your body out of a catabolised state.
    Hope this helps add a few more prices to your netrution puzzle. Peace
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    PopTarts & Protein Shakes InItForFitness's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Beaverton, Michigan, United States
    Stats: 5'6", 174 lbs
    Posts: 19,113
    Rep Power: 88148
    InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit InItForFitness's BodySpace
    InItForFitness is online now
    Originally Posted by ScronnyJonny View Post
    Catobilism happens, a lot more frequent than youd think. Okay try to think of it like this. Your body uses food for energy. Energy can't be made with out it. Your body also uses food for repairing your muscle after an intense work out (via protein, threw protein synthisis). But many people over look that your muscles consume calories at rest. Yes, your muscle need to be fueled to just exists!
    without enough fuel in the tank your body will start to take your hard earnd muscle and break it down into aminos to give your body energy inorder to keep your organs functioning.
    Think of this, your body doesn't care about how big your muscles are, or how long it took you to get where you are. It just cares about functioning properly and with out enough food for some reason it finds breaking down muscle for fuel is the easiest way for it to do so. going with out food for even 3hours can put your body into a state of catoblism, this doesn't mean you'll shrink to skin and bones within these few hours but it means your body needs fuel and it will do what it needs to in order to get it.
    So keeping a steady flow of amino acids in your blood stream threw the day, and night. Is the Most effective way of keeping your body out of a catabolised state.
    Hope this helps add a few more prices to your netrution puzzle. Peace

    OP has surely gone catabolic waiting 3 years for your response.
    No gains for him
    • Prime Nutrition Rep •
    www.primenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/prime-nutrition.html

    ► BeastClothing Inc. Sponsored Athlete
    ► USMC Vet '09-'13 (OEF '11)

    'Powerlifting Towards the Perfect Physique' ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164722761

    Top Lifts (With Proof)
    -------------------------
    Bench : 305 / Squat : 320 / Deadlift : 410
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    The Blank psychodiver9's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
    Stats: 6'2", 236 lbs
    Posts: 32,448
    Rep Power: 46585
    psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) psychodiver9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit psychodiver9's BodySpace
    psychodiver9 is online now
    I just made you go catabrolic
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

    BTK!

    First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

    5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    PopTarts & Protein Shakes InItForFitness's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Beaverton, Michigan, United States
    Stats: 5'6", 174 lbs
    Posts: 19,113
    Rep Power: 88148
    InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) InItForFitness has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit InItForFitness's BodySpace
    InItForFitness is online now
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    I just made you go catabrolic
    Was curious.
    Scrolled up...
    ...*RED*

    LULed.
    Nice work.
    • Prime Nutrition Rep •
    www.primenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/prime-nutrition.html

    ► BeastClothing Inc. Sponsored Athlete
    ► USMC Vet '09-'13 (OEF '11)

    'Powerlifting Towards the Perfect Physique' ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164722761

    Top Lifts (With Proof)
    -------------------------
    Bench : 305 / Squat : 320 / Deadlift : 410
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User paulzee's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Stats: 5'7", 214 lbs
    Posts: 534
    Rep Power: 249
    paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) paulzee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit paulzee's BodySpace
    paulzee is offline
    No, your body does not go catabolic within 8 hours of not eating it's moreso closer to the 60hr mark from what I've read.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 11:05 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 01:11 AM
  5. How long does it take to enter keto?
    By leeinmemphis in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout