stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stronglime is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Squatting and Deadlifting Twice a Week

How often do you guys train the squat and deadlift? Do you just do each once per week?
    I'm not the second coming I'm the first wave
    Better get an army cuz the fire left me unscatched
    You bet your bottom dollar I'm the top of the siht pile
    So stick around and I'll get to you in just a few
    Step off the achtung, get back or get stung
    Idiotic sense of yourself, are you that dumb?
    Entire legion of me, totalitarian,
    the one and only muthaphukkin top of the world man

shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can squat twice a week but deadlifting twice a week is brutal.
    best gym lifts best competition lifts
    squat 405 390
    bench 265 240
    deadlift 475 475

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do each just once a week. Although I did deadlift twice this week
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    man deadlifts twice a week...i actually know alot of people that only deadlift every other week.
    best gym lifts best competition lifts
    squat 405 390
    bench 265 240
    deadlift 475 475

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i squat once, deadlift once.

if you can handle more volume it seems like it would be possible to do a program of ME squat, ME deadlift (but only using partials whether it's the bottom or top), and DE squat/deadlift
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shadowspar View Post
    man deadlifts twice a week...i actually know alot of people that only deadlift every other week.
    I just did that this week for a change of pace. Normally I just deadlift 1x a week, with Squats being on Monday and Deadlifts being on Thursday. Also I pull from the floor every other week with Rack Pulls in the alternate weeks. I also alterante Squats with Box Squats from week to week.
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I Squat three times a week and Deadlift once a week.

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    because of my inability to press at the moment

week 1: squat deadlift squat
    week 2: deadlift squat deadlift

etc etc

all 5rm maxes
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

R.SELK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) R.SELK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) R.SELK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is all going to depend on your work capcity and recovery abilities. I have gone through phases training the deadlift 3x per week and made great gains. I also have met lifters who use a russian template and deadlift up to 4x per week.

If volume and intensity is in check there is no reason you can't ease into pulling 2x per week. If your regular deadlift day was

full deads 85-90% x 10sets x 3 reps
    then accessory work (GMs, rows, shrugs etc)

you would actually most likely find it easier doing 2 days of 5sets x 3reps at that same intensity, as well as make maybe slightly more gains as you could keep the speed of the movement greater through the sets.

As with anything, if you are going to add in a second deadlift day, start it light. Just add in some speed reps around 50% to start and then build on it over the course of a few months to prepare your body.
    2165@220
    2220@242
    Goal: The biggest total possible.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3x a week squat, 1 x a week dead, but I also have another day where do back again-no deads sometimes high rack pulls- and don't have any problems with recovery.

JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500) JAY- is not very helpful. (-500)
    as others have said it can be done, however i wouldnt reccomend deadlifting HEAVY twice a week...

definately reduce the volume and/or the weight!
    Powerlifter

'under the bar; where ego's are buried and monsters a born'

My log...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=430420771#post430420771

jopin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've tried at least four times a week. Maybe tree. I've been following a max strength program with powerlifting exercises, basic and compounds. It has been so succesful.
    Squats, deadlifts ( specially romanian version ), power cleans, jerks and military presses have been my journey partners.
    My 7 days workout routine goes heavy and it cost so much but make me lift stronger weights and it has brought to me the possibility of step into the next level. I've designed it very carefully focusing in not fall into overtraining.
    Sorry for my english i'm not american or british and it's very rusty.