BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)

How long can food sit out in a closed container?

Ok, so this morning I cooked a larger than expected batch of teriyaki broccoli chicken. I figured I'd take some of it to work with me for lunch. My work has a small fridge that we share so there is not always space. My question is how long can I keep the chicken in a closed container (it went in after cooked) without refrigeration before it goes bad?

Edit: And yes, I did google this and searched for it on here. Seems most people just ask about how long it lasts in the fridge and when left out raw, but not about when left cooked, sealed, and without the fridge.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000) SanDantos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're eating it the same day you'll be fine.

Bacteria and such grows when food is in a 'warm' state. Too hot or too cold and its dormant or dies.

In most restaurants when they make a big batch of something, it's cooled on the back counter most of the day anyway, tossing it in the fridge would lower the fridge temperature and risk spoiling other food.

My parents are old-school Europeans. Some food never sees the fridge and spends the night in or on the oven. From a personal standpoint, I don't see a problem with that.

From a professional standpoint, you shouldn't really serve food to someone thats been out for an hour or two in case they get sick. I took safe food-handling in college, so know the practices. Having said that, even when the health guy comes around our restaurant, he turns a blind eye to the stuff we having sitting out all day (gravys, sauces, prime rib). He knows it sits out, but it's hardly a real problem. He always adds that he eats the prime rib on every visit. It sits under a warming lamp for 3-4hrs.

In short, you'll be fine.
    I like my food clean, and my women dirty.

Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tdogg2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In short as long as when you touch it it doesnt have a slimy residue lol
    Only Look down on people when your giving them a hand to lift them up!!!

scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scottvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your worried, get an insulated lunch box and put an ice pack in it, well for the future at least. For now I wouldnt really worry to much, assuming it will be somewhere around 5 hours from start of work till lunch???