Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about Warrior Diet

Bananas / Apples are allowed right? And regarding fruit juices, what about Tropicana 100% Pure Premium Orange juice?

tropicana.com/#/trop_products/productsLanding.swf?TropicanaPurePremium/21

click on nutrition facts

Label claims no added ingredients, question does natural OJ have sugar in it? As it lists 22g

We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm reading the book out of sheer curiosity (I think you should as well. It would be wise to make an educated leap, rather than a blind one, right?) and in it he stresses a few things that are pertinent to your question:

a) You shouldn't have to worry about how many carbs and fats youre eating. Eat liberally and to your heart's fill.

b) Stick with high quality foods

c) Eat lots of fruits and vegetables through out the day

Ori's told me that he eats about 1000-1500 calories through out the day through veggies, fruits and "high quality whey" (he's alluding to his product that he's selling), where some of the cats on this site are only eating 300-500.

I don't think he would frown upon this, but what I'm saying is according to the book it's not about restricting, but about following, what is claimed to be, a natural instinct to eat sparingly fruits vegetables and some protein and have your big meal at night.

The venerability of his claims, I don't know, but that's why I'm reading his book in its entirety. It might work in your favor to do the same as to create a salubrious future in nutrition, rather than making this very bold and blind leap into what you don't know.

I'm assuming you're using a workout program that's been taught to you, or you read about. Same goes with nutrition, and in my opinion, it might be more important to research and dissect a diet plan than it is a workout program before starting.
    Last edited by We Drowned; 01-02-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    I love you.

MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was told that bananas are an iffy one. i personally would keep with the berries. i personally just snack on strawberries

Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pais_Nigha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So it would be fine to snack on a banana / apple and orange juice during the day + veggies?

Second question is does natural orange juice have sugar in it? I dont wanna drink the Tropicana juice if it has added sugar.

We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe you should think about why berries are chosen, instead of other fruits.

Berries are very easy, fast digesting foods that don't require a lot of energy to convert into energy, where as fats and starches require a lot more and may take hours to fully digest.

Hmm. Who said bananas were iffy? Where did you read THAT? Probably not from the author who made the diet...

Your orange juice does not probably have any added sugar, but if you want to find out, compare it with a brand that you know does not have added sugar. Either way, orange juice has sugar and some sugar in your orange juice is OKAY, especially if you are on this diet.
    Last edited by We Drowned; 01-02-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    I love you.

n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    almost anything goes in the "main meal" during the compensation phase but when you're in the "under-eating phase" meant to keep insulin low, the digestive system under minimal duress and enzymes flowing, no, bananas are not okay. berries, apples and oranges, yes.. but even those are to be eaten sparingly. water and nutrient dense vegetables (uncooked only) are preferable, such as lettuce and celery juice. the only protein other than whey that is allowed during the under-eating phase is a few egg whites.

Bananas do not give you massive spike in insulin.
    I love you.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can't seem to understand why people don't ask these kinds of questions in the thread dedicated to the diet.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    I can't seem to understand why people don't ask these kinds of questions in the thread dedicated to the diet.
    ferserious. this is not the warrior diet forum.
    I love you.

MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50) MUSCLEKID will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    through the day You try to keep things as low GI as possible. Bananas and grapes are perhaps the highest on that list. this was written on the thread "one meal a day"

really? I didn't read that anywhere in the book. Hm. [sarcasm, if not obvious]. I'd wager that the author knows more about his diet than forum lurkers.

EDIT: I'm not arguing which is better. He clearly uses berries as a prime example, but if the boy likes bananas, bananas are not forsaken or mentioned as a food to avoid on the diet, throughout the day.
    Last edited by We Drowned; 01-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    I love you.

n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50) n8nazty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by We Drowned View Post
    Bananas do not give you massive spike in insulin.
    take it up with Ori Hofmekler. apples and oranges are 59 and 60 on the insulin index and those are his 2nd choice behind the lower glycemic berries (53 on the glycemic index). bananas are 81.

According to this chart its a 51
    http://www.glycemicedge.com/glycemic-index-chart/

this one 55
    http://www.carbs-information.com/gly...food-chart.htm

this one 55

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

this one 56

http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_...emic_index.php

Glucose is about an 81 (I believe). I think all of this GI stuff is a little crazy, though.
    I love you.

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol, i only eat for the feast.. hows that for insulin regulation throughout the day?
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

it's 81 on the insulin index. the insulin index is different than the glycemic index. i could've sworn hofmekler said bananas were a no-no. i cant find it in the book now but the one fruit he praises ("because of it's low GI") are berries. he mentions apples and oranges once and just says they're "okay". he says to stay away from grapes during the under-eating phase because of their GI. if you're going to take hofmekler as THE authority on the matter, I wouldn't eat anything with a higher GI than an apple or an orange. as big as he is on fruits, he says vegetables are preferable because of their lower GI.

Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    lol, i only eat for the feast.. hows that for insulin regulation throughout the day?
    you don't sip whey, no (vegetable/fruit juices)?

just coffee or green tea?

Originally Posted by n8nazty View Post
    it's 81 on the insulin index. the insulin index is different than the glycemic index. i could've sworn hofmekler said bananas were a no-no. i cant find it in the book now but the one fruit he praises ("because of it's low GI") are berries. he mentions apples and oranges once and just says they're "okay". he says to stay away from grapes during the under-eating phase because of their GI. if you're going to take hofmekler as THE authority on the matter, I wouldn't eat anything with a higher GI than an apple or an orange. as big as he is on fruits, he says vegetables are preferable because of their lower GI.
    I'll take your word for it. I don't remember reading that, but I could easily be mistaken.
    I love you.

..and of course this is only during the "under-eating phase" to minimize insulin. anything goes but baked goods (and something else - i forget what) in the main meal.

what I dont understand this.. he's big on vegetables because of their lower insulin spike. but if you're juicing fresh vegetables, you're removing the fiber. isn't it primarily fiber that gives a food a low GI? so if I've got pure beet and carrot juice, isn't the GI damn near as high as grape juice?

..or is alot of that sugar still attached to the fiber and the overall sugar content of the juice you get out is so diluted by the water density of the vegetables that you're not getting as much sugar as you might expect?

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you don't sip whey, no (vegetable/fruit juices)?

just coffee or green tea?
    lol.. coffee and green tea? whey and fruit juice? I do great on water

The only thing that gets in my system prior to my feast besides water is my bcaa's right before and during my workout, then straight after its on to the feast.

takes all the confusion out of the undereating phase, no second guessing

Fast food challenge

Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    lol.. coffee and green tea? whey and fruit juice? I do great on water

The only thing that gets in my system prior to my feast besides water is my bcaa's right before and during my workout, then straight after its on to the feast.

takes all the confusion out of the undereating phase, no second guessing
    more power to you. I've had no problem with the hunger. you're covering at least 2 of the bases (low insulin and digestive recuperation) but doesn't hofmekler put alot of emphasis on working enzymes from raw foods in the absence of foods that are harsher on the system? i spose you could pop some probiotics w/ your bcaas and STILL get no calories, lol.

more power to you. I've had no problem with the hunger. you're covering at least 2 of the bases (low insulin and digestive recuperation) but doesn't hofmekler put alot of emphasis on working enzymes from raw foods in the absence of foods that are harsher on the system? i spose you could pop some probiotics w/ your bcaas and STILL get no calories, lol.
    i actually never looked into probiotics, i may though..
    my first whole food that I consume for the meal is a fresh raw and plain mixed salad. mmmm mmmm good

Fast food challenge