Leonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating after weights and HIIT

Hello

I started weight training today after a long lay off. As my schedule allows I will incorporate 15 minutes of HIIT after my weight training, as I did today.

My question is- if my primary goal is fat loss, I believe I should not eat for at least an hour after HIIT, to allow for the 'afterburn'. However I also believe that I should eat after weight training.

So which is it? Should I eat or not, assuming I can ONLY incorporate the 2 into one session, splitting them over several days is unfortunately not an option.

Throughout the rest of the week I run for 40-50 minutes, and I am following a low-carb diet (not quite keto, but very low carb nonetheless).

cheers

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are still going to have the afterburn affect wether you eat or not. But you do need to feed your muscles after you train for sure....have a protein shake with some glutamine and some fruit mixed in.

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect