Closed Thread
Page 82 of 340 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 10198
    irarobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wanna pop in to say that I love what I am seeing with my progress. This keep it simple type of training is just what the doctor ordered for me. My big movements are bench press, deadlift and bent over BB rows and I can't wait for each rest day to pass so I can get to my next workout. I'm seeing more muscle on my shoulders than I have in years past and I have only been doing this type of workout for a month. I love it.

m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m.c has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ryan,

I know you aren't a fan of the low-carb diets but I still would like your take on this. I am bout to finish my second Macro Cycle this weekend. (Been loving it). This perfectly coincides with a two week run of RFL I would like to do before I go away for July 4th. I will obviously be low on energy for those two weeks. When I did RFL before I didn't lose almost any of my strength (which is, if you know the plan, the point of it) and I lost about 9 pounds of fat. However I followed the workout scheme Lyle McDonald lays out. I would rather stick with your plan as I think it's the best.

Maybe I should start a 3rd Macrco and just lower my % on Core Lifts? Like run a 50/60/70/80 scheme? I'm not worried about my supplementals, I can just adjust those depending on how I feel in the gym.

Have any thoughts?

mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10) mazooda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Esculapio View Post
    Hey everyone!

Today I went on to find my 1RM for bent over row and I feel kind of lame... I decided to choose BOW because I can't do enough pull ups / chin ups the right way with my BW. Anyway, my 1RM according to the equation is 101 lbs... is that okay or should I be lifting way more than that?
    For someone who weighs 155lbs a 1rm of 101lbs bent over row is probably low but it sounds like you haven't been training in this specific exercise. I'd be quite confident if you stuck to this program and ate well you'd see some good progression in all your core lifts. In my opinion it's not really relevant how strong or weak you are before starting to work out, it's improving and getting closer to your genetic potential that's important and motivating.

Good luck, hope you enjoy GST as much as I am.

LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quick question...

How often would you suggest switching up the supplement lifts? After 1, 2, 3, or all 4 macrocycle(s)?

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irarobot View Post
    I just wanna pop in to say that I love what I am seeing with my progress. This keep it simple type of training is just what the doctor ordered for me. My big movements are bench press, deadlift and bent over BB rows and I can't wait for each rest day to pass so I can get to my next workout. I'm seeing more muscle on my shoulders than I have in years past and I have only been doing this type of workout for a month. I love it.
    I think you are forgetting the hardest day of them all. Squat.

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LeeKun View Post
    Quick question...

How often would you suggest switching up the supplement lifts? After 1, 2, 3, or all 4 macrocycle(s)?
    Ryan has said that you should keep the same supps for at least 3 MACROS to become proffecient in all different rep ranges. I think he said no more than 4 MACROS. I keep the same ones for 3 MACROS. So many of my supps I have never tried before so I need at least 3 MACROS to feel real comfortable performing them. Hope that helps.
    Vacation starts in 2 hours 44 minutes. Woo Hoo
    Go Fishin'. The Fish Shall Provide.
    -------------------------------

Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did my 3rd micro squat day. Tough as and I was sweating pints. Don't think I've sweated as much just lifting weights.

Did my warm up sets up to my working weight. Mixed in with a few explosive sets. I've also started holding a deep squat stretch to improve flexibility.

Tried to go onto the working sets of 125kg but took the bar off and my first 3 "squats" were pathetic. Not even partial. So I re-racked and took a rest.
    Did my AMRAP for 6. I did a few more than that but I wasn't happy with the deepness so I only counted the 6 proper ones. Finished with my 2 sets of 3 then.

Followed that up with front squats. It is the first week I have done the high rep range. Dear christ it was tough. Did 3x20 for 40kg and I was absolutely dripping.

Then finished with the single leg press. Again did 40kg and 3 sets of 20. Very tough and I know I got an excellent workout.

Also, on another note I weighed myself for the first time since I have started GST. I have gained 7 pounds which I am chuffed about as it is pretty much all muscle unless I am hiding a bucket load of fat in my back pocket haha.

Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, do you think changing cable pullthrough for SLDL after my first macro would be a good idea or should I just stick it through for a while?

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Twmtwm View Post
    Did my 3rd micro squat day. Tough as and I was sweating pints. Don't think I've sweated as much just lifting weights.

Did my warm up sets up to my working weight. Mixed in with a few explosive sets. I've also started holding a deep squat stretch to improve flexibility.

Tried to go onto the working sets of 125kg but took the bar off and my first 3 "squats" were pathetic. Not even partial. So I re-racked and took a rest.
    Did my AMRAP for 6. I did a few more than that but I wasn't happy with the deepness so I only counted the 6 proper ones. Finished with my 2 sets of 3 then.

Followed that up with front squats. It is the first week I have done the high rep range. Dear christ it was tough. Did 3x20 for 40kg and I was absolutely dripping.

Then finished with the single leg press. Again did 40kg and 3 sets of 20. Very tough and I know I got an excellent workout.

Also, on another note I weighed myself for the first time since I have started GST. I have gained 7 pounds which I am chuffed about as it is pretty much all muscle unless I am hiding a bucket load of fat in my back pocket haha.
    Those 15-20 rep squat days are killer arent they. Fist time I did those I ended up lying on my back on the garage floor for five minutes. Dog was licking my face and I didnt even care. Felt like a puddle of water on the floor.

LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeXS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    For the third and fourth micros you do the AMRAP first to get a 1rm estimate for your next cycle.
    has ryan stated this somewhere? i just would like to read the full post on it

and thanks for answering my question Reid

Originally Posted by kilgoreklink View Post
    Those 15-20 rep squat days are killer arent they. Fist time I did those I ended up lying on my back on the garage floor for five minutes. Dog was licking my face and I didnt even care. Felt like a puddle of water on the floor.
    Killer?! I think death would have been a preferable option after finishing them haha.

Seriously though, I was really looking forward to this new set and rep range, next time, not so much haha.

sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepulvd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow i had another great workout today. am actullay enjoying this program so far. today was my LIFT DAY. MY WARMUPS ARENT POSTED

LIFT DAY 1 MICRO 1 MACRO 65% 1rm
    Deadlift-
    2x8x205-
    1x13x205- felt very good

SLDL
    4x10x115-

CABLE PULL
    4X10X60- NOT SURE OF MY FORM NEED TO FIND MORE VIDEOS OF THIS MOVEMENT

well tommrrow is press day cant wait. also idk how i feel but my excersise on my lift day as now that am looking at it kinda seems like am killing my lowerback to much but lets see how it goes.

8thangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LukeXS View Post

Yes he did, it was a revision that he made somewhere in here... it's back aways but I can't tell you exactly. Just that he "did" say it!

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Microcycle 1: 60-70% 8 8 AMRAP
    Microcycle 2: 70-80% 6 6 AMRAP
    Microcycle 3: 80-90% 4 4 AMRAP
    Microcycle 4: 90-100% AMRAP 1 1

Microcycle 4 has been modified from the original posting. I've been reworking the original GST program and feel that for max testing calculation it makes more sense to be fresh for the AMRAP set which is essentially what you will use to determine the next 1RM.
    From Page 9, Post #252, later on he changed micro 3 AMRAP to first core set also. Use the average of the two for next Macros one rep max.

8thangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From Page 9, Post #252, later on he changed micro 3 AMRAP to first core set also. Use the average of the two for next Macros one rep max.
    Ah, see I'm still trying to read the whole thread and am stuck in the middle somewhere. I missed the part of using the average of micro 3 & 4 to get your new 1RM. Glad you posted this not sure when I'm going to get through the mid section of the thread yet, lol!~

Originally Posted by 8thangel View Post
    Ah, see I'm still trying to read the whole thread and am stuck in the middle somewhere. I missed the part of using the average of micro 3 & 4 to get your new 1RM. Glad you posted this not sure when I'm going to get through the mid section of the thread yet, lol!~
    Yeah its a big ass thread. I think the first time I came into the BB.com forums was January 9th or 10th. This thread just happened to be at the top of the page and was only a page or two long then. The timing was perfect. Had just decided to order a power rack for my garage and wanted something other than my dumb ass ill-informed programs.
    I'd hate to have to start out reading this today. It would probably take a week to get through it all. Ryan has his Ebook for thirty bucks. It has everything from this thread and much more, its well worth it. Whenever I have a question about the program its so much easier to search the 65 or so pages of the PDF than this thread.
    I have been thinking of getting me a copy of Rippetoes Starting Strength too, I hear it has very detailed info on how to perform the major lifts properly. Does anyone have a copy of this, and if so, have you found it a good reference?

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

2nd Macro, 4th Push

Flat BB Bench:
    45x10WU
    95x6WU
    115x3WU
    135x1WU
    155x1WU
    165x1
    155x1
    155x1
    --Total fail. No idea what happened

Push Press (with clean from floor):
    95x5
    100x5
    100x5
    105x5
    105x5
    --Great Improvement

Dips:
    +10x5
    +15x5
    +20x5
    +25x5
    +30x5
    --Also, fantastic Improvement

Flat DB Press:
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    45x5
    45x4
    --Again, great improvement

Decline Crunches:
    +10x10
    +25x10
    +25x10
    +25x10

-Other than my bench press, which is supposed to be the focus here, I had a fantastic workout with great improvements on every lift. But my bench press totally failed hard. No idea why. Going to keep my 1RM the same for the next macro and hope I had a bad night or form or something strange. Going to focus on beating my reps for the same weights and keeping up the improvement on supps.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gunn23 View Post
    I figured my 1RM on pull-ups were 265. I weighted 228 and did 6. Today, pull day at 65% I set that assisted pull-up machine to 60. So subtract 60 from 228 and you have 168. My first 2 sets at 8 reps were a little of a struggle. Now for my 3rd set I only could get 5. Are my calculations right?
    Keep in mind that the numbers on a pulley stack are usually twice of what the weight your lifting actually is. You're probably just getting thirty pounds of help, not sixty.

Originally Posted by Esculapio View Post
    Hey everyone!

Today I went on to find my 1RM for bent over row and I feel kind of lame... I decided to choose BOW because I can't do enough pull ups / chin ups the right way with my BW. Anyway, my 1RM according to the equation is 101 lbs... is that okay or should I be lifting way more than that?

While we are on the ROW topic... My GF is going to try out the program too but when she tried to lift just the bar her upper back curved in all the tries and whenever she lifted the bar to her sternum it hurt her back so I decided to try one hand rows but the same happened. She could do rows while touching a flat bench and T Bar row so my question is... Should she use any of those as her main lifts or is there anything else she could do? She can't even do one pull up chin up.

Thanks in advance guys.
    You asked if your row strength is ok. Yes, its ok. Any number would be ok as long as youre working to improve it.

Your girl is not ready for those lifts if she is unable to keep an arched back. She should work on her muscular coordination in her back. I'm betting she just doesn't know how to keep it straight. She could also have tight hams or glutes. Have her use a seated cable row as her core lift and make sure she sits up straight. Put your finger between her shoulder blades and tell her she should try and pinch it with each rep.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irarobot View Post
    Awesome news! Cannonball delts add much to a physique. Glad to have helped you out

Originally Posted by m.c View Post
    Ryan,

I know you aren't a fan of the low-carb diets but I still would like your take on this. I am bout to finish my second Macro Cycle this weekend. (Been loving it). This perfectly coincides with a two week run of RFL I would like to do before I go away for July 4th. I will obviously be low on energy for those two weeks. When I did RFL before I didn't lose almost any of my strength (which is, if you know the plan, the point of it) and I lost about 9 pounds of fat. However I followed the workout scheme Lyle McDonald lays out. I would rather stick with your plan as I think it's the best.

Maybe I should start a 3rd Macrco and just lower my % on Core Lifts? Like run a 50/60/70/80 scheme? I'm not worried about my supplementals, I can just adjust those depending on how I feel in the gym.

Have any thoughts?
    The less you eat the less you should be doing in the gym. That scheme looks good. Gaining is the last thing on your mind. Maintaining is what its all about right now. I would attempt that scheme and adjust on the fly if necessary based on how you feel.

Originally Posted by mazooda View Post
    In my opinion it's not really relevant how strong or weak you are before starting to work out, it's improving and getting closer to your genetic potential that's important and motivating.

Good luck, hope you enjoy GST as much as I am.
    Amen.

Originally Posted by Twmtwm View Post
    Also, do you think changing cable pullthrough for SLDL after my first macro would be a good idea or should I just stick it through for a while?
    Do you connect with the pullthrough? They are very similar movements so the effect on the workout will not be huge. RDL is a bit more demanding due to the higher workload. Do you feel you can handle the extra workload?

Originally Posted by LukeXS View Post

"Ya I said it"

Originally Posted by 8thangel View Post
    The problem with reading the whole thread is that it grows about a page per day. Glad my textbooks never did that!

KyleRipsShit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah its a big ass thread. I think the first time I came into the BB.com forums was January 9th or 10th. This thread just happened to be at the top of the page and was only a page or two long then. The timing was perfect. Had just decided to order a power rack for my garage and wanted something other than my dumb ass ill-informed programs.
    I'd hate to have to start out reading this today. It would probably take a week to get through it all. Ryan has his Ebook for thirty bucks. It has everything from this thread and much more, its well worth it. Whenever I have a question about the program its so much easier to search the 65 or so pages of the PDF than this thread.
    I have been thinking of getting me a copy of Rippetoes Starting Strength too, I hear it has very detailed info on how to perform the major lifts properly. Does anyone have a copy of this, and if so, have you found it a good reference?
    Basically me too haha.

And no I haven't. On the subject tho I downloaded Arnold's The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding as the eBook form for free ninety nine. If anyone wants it PM me your email. It's like the Bible of bodybuilding, hella history in dis shiet.

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness
    The problem with reading the whole thread is that it grows about a page per day. Glad my textbooks never did that!
    Yea man good for you though. Not many of these clowns w/ workout plans and their broscience and egos could manage to do what you did on here, I'm actually kinda awed myself. haha. Keep it up.
    GST:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121353501

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness
    Have her use a seated cable row as her core lift and make sure she sits up straight. Put your finger between her shoulder blades and tell her she should try and pinch it with each rep.
    Ryan,

I was talking with a veteran bodybuilder at my gym that I've known for roughly like 6 months now that's given me a bunch of sound advice. I criticized his seated cable row movement when he was doing it. He would fly his body forwards using his whole body (which in turn activates the Lats more and maybe some shoulder muscles, idk) and said that's how it is to be done. I showed him what you had said and I had been using for like a month, the straight back bend at the elbow ROM. He was saying that is selling it short though, and he had good reason. It becomes more compound when doing it his way and it uses more muscles which in turn I believe may be the better way, because like you stated the more weight you can pull the better off you are to gain strength. (ie CLOSE grip vs WIDE grip Lat Pulldowns) Just was wondering what your take is on it.

Yours:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcH2p...eature=related

Compared to This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIAq5RM4HDU
    (Pretty much shows how Arnold used to do them too in Pumping Iron and somewhere else I've seen him do them this way.)

EDIT: And I just found This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykUDTcpuJE
    (Lol the midget of the video aside, basically you are saying everything this video is saying, right?)

Was your goal to solely isolate certain back muscles and not try and use compound force to pull the weight? Just needed to get this off my chest, been wondering about it...
    Last edited by KyleRipsShit; 06-18-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    GST:

Originally Posted by hardline1 View Post
    Alright guys what up hardline here and I finally did it and broke 200 lb mark (I'm 5'11). Finally I'm comfortable with my body This is how I did it, basically a family friend referred me to this site and I know it looks like some BS advertisement but IT IS GOLD. check it out if you want, if not no big deal but this is how I saw results for myself just put this in your internet browser and there you go.

link --> bit.ly/dpDCHI

Good luck everyone PM me on how the workouts go I'd love to see your progress PEACEEE
    O gee. I am an idiot with no common sense or brain let me just go and do that. Honestly... this ish is on BB.com? rofl. Anyone that clicks it deserves it, whatever it is, for being an idiot though lmao.
    GST:

thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thjones3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had a pretty good press day today. The core lift (Incline BB press) killed me today! I had to back down on my supps a little.

My wife commented yesterday that my legs were looking more muscular. Yay! It really helps the motivation when someone notices...

p.s What does DOMS stand for? I guess it has something to do with soreness...?

Originally Posted by KyleRips**** View Post
    Ryan,

I was talking with a veteran bodybuilder at my gym that I've known for roughly like 6 months now that's given me a bunch of sound advice. I criticized his seated cable row movement when he was doing it. He would fly his body forwards using his whole body (which in turn activates the Lats more and maybe some shoulder muscles, idk) and said that's how it is to be done. I showed him what you had said and I had been using for like a month, the straight back bend at the elbow ROM. He was saying that is selling it short though, and he had good reason. It becomes more compound when doing it his way and it uses more muscles which in turn I believe may be the better way, because like you stated the more weight you can pull the better off you are to gain strength. (ie CLOSE grip vs WIDE grip Lat Pulldowns) Just was wondering what your take is on it.

Yours:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcH2p...eature=related

Compared to This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIAq5RM4HDU
    (Pretty much shows how Arnold used to do them too in Pumping Iron and somewhere else I've seen him do them this way.)

EDIT: And I just found This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykUDTcpuJE
    (Lol the midget of the video aside, basically you are saying everything this video is saying, right?)

Was your goal to solely isolate certain back muscles and not try and use compound force to pull the weight? Just needed to get this off my chest, been wondering about it...
    I feel that the more weight you can pull with proper form is the way to go. You won't see me lifting a squat with my back because I wanna do more weight. You won't see me bench press with my butt of the bench to move more weight. With the seated cable row, you're hitting the muscles of the mid/upper back, not the lower back. Getting that huge lean will incorporate the low back muscles, which are not being targeted with the seated cable row.

Sure, you can use more weight, and a bit of lean is OK, as you can see in my video. However, I see more room for injury and negatively overloading the targeted muscles with the cheat method. If you can't pull the weight back with the targeted musculature, then do you feel that its safe to force those muscles to release the weight? That is a chance at injury. That would be like having help with a deadlift on the way up and then hoping your body holds together for the lower of the weight. That is known as negative training, and should not be used with the types of rep ranges outlined for GST supplement lifts.

My feeling is the same that is expressed in my tutorial.

Originally Posted by thjones3 View Post
    Had a pretty good press day today. The core lift (Incline BB press) killed me today! I had to back down on my supps a little.

My wife commented yesterday that my legs were looking more muscular. Yay! It really helps the motivation when someone notices...

p.s What does DOMS stand for? I guess it has something to do with soreness...?
    Yep, when someone comments, its the best. DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and know body actually knows the cause for certain. There are theories, but no certainty as far as I know. I feel they are caused from micro tears in the muscle and have nothing to do with lactic acid buildup.

LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ryan has said that you should keep the same supps for at least 3 MACROS to become proffecient in all different rep ranges. I think he said no more than 4 MACROS. I keep the same ones for 3 MACROS. So many of my supps I have never tried before so I need at least 3 MACROS to feel real comfortable performing them. Hope that helps.
    Vacation starts in 2 hours 44 minutes. Woo Hoo
    Thank you. Enjoy the vacay!

leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) leedsjack93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello guys, got a bit of a story.

I went to the gym yesterday to begin macro 2, with squats.

It was the worst ever day I've had at a gym; I couldnt get anything right... form was awful, felt weak, and so on and so forth. It was a nightmare! So I left, thinking it just wasn't worth it.

However, I went back down today and completed squat day, in record breaking speed I might add. I was stronger today, and everything was in better check. I think yesterday was 'just one of those days'.

Anyway, now I'm wondering: do I go again tomorrow for Pull day, as I would normally - or do I take a rest day, shifting the whole macro 1 day behind?
    Since it is working a different body part, I figured I'd be fine to go again tomorrow, but I wanted to check and make sure first.

Cheers
    Bulking at 3225kcal.
    GST Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124959741

ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought a copy of SS around the same time I started reading up on GST and it has been a great reference. Really helped me nail down my squat and I've been seeing some great improvements on that lift ever since (just did 205 for 12 on Monday). Arnold's Encyclopedia is next on the list.

Hit another PR yesterday on my pull day. Wasn't on my core lift though, it was on the 1-Arm DB Row. A little excerpt from my journal:
    1-Arm DB Row
    6 by 90
    6 by 95
    6 by 100
    6 by 100
    4 by 110
    Hit the triple digits, oh yeah! I had never done it before and I managed to do it with style yesterday. My gym doesn't have 105 DBs so the last set I went for the 110s and it was rough but felt great. Really like the approach of ramping up to your target for the 4-6 rep range supps.

Now the bad news... I was sick on Wednesday which was supposed to be my pull day and I have friends visiting this weekend so I'm kind of forced to do the dirty deed of squeezing my lift day in today right after my pull day otherwise I'd be a few days behind. Luckily DL is by far my best lift but I bet my forearms are going to be screaming at me by the end of it.
    "Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself."
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=485192061

damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Completed my 4th macro yesterday and started my "deload" week today. I wanted to get some of your guys opinions on my plan for the next week seeing I will be doing no weight training.

Today was HIIT cardio:

I went to my high school stadium and ran the stairs for my HIIT session. I performed 2 "sets" of 3 "stadium". 1 "stadium" consists of 1 lap of the perimeter of the stadium hitting each isle of the bleachers (home and away side). 3 of those I counted as 1 "set". I alternated 1 "stadium" high intensity then next time around took the intensity down a few notches and the last "stadium" being high intensity again, this equaling 1 "set". Performed 2 of these "sets" followed by a 5 minute cool down jog around the track and some stretching. I plan on doing this 2 days and 3 days of abs, 35 minute run on treadmill at a moderate/low intensity + Complexes with 1 day of complete rest. Also, I plan on eating around 2000 calories, which is around or just below maintenance for me (I'm 5'11 148 right now with around 10-13% BF). I'm hoping to drop my BF a bit with this plan before jumping on GST in a week or so. What do you guys think?

P.S. Ryan, I got the Paycheck lite bars yesterday and i must say they are pretty delicious. I will most likely be ordering from you again, but maybe changing a few of the ingredients. In a letter I got with the bars, Jessica mentioned some people ask to have crunchy peanut butter instead of the raisins and I plan on doing this with my next order. Would that be an issue?

Originally Posted by damirk View Post
    Completed my 4th macro yesterday and started my "deload" week today. I wanted to get some of your guys opinions on my plan for the next week seeing I will be doing no weight training.

Today was HIIT cardio:

I went to my high school stadium and ran the stairs for my HIIT session. I performed 2 "sets" of 3 "stadium". 1 "stadium" consists of 1 lap of the perimeter of the stadium hitting each isle of the bleachers (home and away side). 3 of those I counted as 1 "set". I alternated 1 "stadium" high intensity then next time around took the intensity down a few notches and the last "stadium" being high intensity again, this equaling 1 "set". Performed 2 of these "sets" followed by a 5 minute cool down jog around the track and some stretching. I plan on doing this 2 days and 3 days of abs, 35 minute run on treadmill at a moderate/low intensity + Complexes with 1 day of complete rest. Also, I plan on eating around 2000 calories, which is around or just below maintenance for me (I'm 5'11 148 right now with around 10-13% BF). I'm hoping to drop my BF a bit with this plan before jumping on GST in a week or so. What do you guys think?

P.S. Ryan, I got the Paycheck lite bars yesterday and i must say they are pretty delicious. I will most likely be ordering from you again, but maybe changing a few of the ingredients. In a letter I got with the bars, Jessica mentioned some people ask to have crunchy peanut butter instead of the raisins and I plan on doing this with my next order. Would that be an issue?
    Not an issue. You just have to specifiy in the notes section of the transaction that you would like the switch. You're thinking of changing the cranberries out for crunchy peanut butter, no problemo.

Thanks for the kind words. I'd say to try the Recharge bar next

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ranthal View Post
    I bought a copy of SS around the same time I started reading up on GST and it has been a great reference. Really helped me nail down my squat and I've been seeing some great improvements on that lift ever since (just did 205 for 12 on Monday). Arnold's Encyclopedia is next on the list.

Hit another PR yesterday on my pull day. Wasn't on my core lift though, it was on the 1-Arm DB Row. A little excerpt from my journal:

Hit the triple digits, oh yeah! I had never done it before and I managed to do it with style yesterday. My gym doesn't have 105 DBs so the last set I went for the 110s and it was rough but felt great. Really like the approach of ramping up to your target for the 4-6 rep range supps.

Now the bad news... I was sick on Wednesday which was supposed to be my pull day and I have friends visiting this weekend so I'm kind of forced to do the dirty deed of squeezing my lift day in today right after my pull day otherwise I'd be a few days behind. Luckily DL is by far my best lift but I bet my forearms are going to be screaming at me by the end of it.
    Those are insane rows! I think I do 45x10, I'll be ramping up on my pull day and maybe getting to 5x70's...maybe. Awesome numbers.

Closed Thread
Page 82 of 340 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast