Closed Thread
Page 318 of 340 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,540 of 10198
    2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    Hey Ryan,

It looks like you have a little more time now with all the vids you have posted lately. Does that mean you are all moved into your new place? If so we are going to need some pics or a video walkthrough of your new gym space. Your thread of building your former gym was one of the best threads. Maybe you will have to update that old thread as well.
    I stripped existing sheet rock last Sunday, the build up begins Thursday!
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kingsolos View Post
    I have just started to use this program and i put together my routine, does anything about this look wrong? I'v tried to cover everything with excercises i enjoy,

Workout 1: Squat training

Core lift: Smith BB Back Squat
    supplement lift 1: Low and Close Stance Leg Press,
    supplement lift 2: Hack squats /w BB,
    Extra: Ab crunch's
    Consider a unilateral leg movement such as lunges or split squats. Your three choices are solid, but it's always a good idea to get some unilateral work involved as well.

Workout 2: Pull training

Core lift: Bent barbell row
    supplement lift 1: Close Grip Seated Cable Row,
    supplement lift 2: Flat Bench Dumbbell Row,
    Extra: Barbell curls
    I see alot of horizontal pulling here, and that can be improved upon. You should add in a vertical pulling motion, such as any pullup/rack pullup/lat pulldown variation.

Workout 3: lift training

Core lift: Barbell deadlift
    supplement lift 1: Hyperextensions,
    supplement lift 2: Romanian Deadlift,
    Extra: Tricep cable pull down
    You've got great choices here, but they'll all hit the same motion to be honest. Since you've got the two deadlifts in place, why not throw in some barbell shrugs in place of the hypers?

Workout 4: Press training

Core lift: Smith incline BB
    supplement lift 1: Incline dumbell flyes,
    supplement lift 2: Flat dumbell press,
    Extra: Dumbell side raises
    You do better than a flye as your first supplement lift. Try to keep the big compound movements early in your workouts for the most part. Consider dips as an example.

I added some extra excerises to the ends to try and improve some key areas of my body, does this look like a good routine or is there too much of one type of excercise or any other issues.
    It looks like you're trying to improve the delts, biceps, and triceps. I think your weak point approach is actually the weakest part of your plan. You want bigger shoulders, but don't hit them hard on press day. You want bigger triceps, but I don't see a tricep focused move on press day either. Your biceps......well, I can do better for you.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure if you know much about what I do, but visit www.growthstimulustraining.com to learn more about GST. I've put a few cents in for you, but your program really could use some direction based on the thoughts I shared with you above. If you'd like to talk further about improving your program, just let know sir!

Thanks for taking the time to post in here,

Ryan

kingsolos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I'm not sure if you know much about what I do, but visit [NOT ENOUGH POST COUNT] to learn more about GST. I've put a few cents in for you, but your program really could use some direction based on the thoughts I shared with you above. If you'd like to talk further about improving your program, just let know sir!

Thanks for taking the time to post in here,

Ryan
    Thanks for the great advice! i changed it around taking your comments into account so hopefully this is better routine!:

supplement lift 2: Dumbell lunges,
    Extra: Ab crunch

supplement lift 1: Lat Pulldown,
    Extra: Barbell preacher curls

supplement lift 1: Seated leg curl,
    Extra: No extra

supplement lift 1: Dips,
    supplement lift 2: Military dumbell press,

Is using seated leg curls instead of lieing leg curls ok? My gym only has the seated kind. So is this routine looking better?

Thanks

plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10) plushcube is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, here's my current routine:

Day 1: Squat
    Jumping Squats (Warmup)
    BB Back Squats
    High and Wide Stance Leg Press
    BB Lunges

Day 2: Press
    Clapping Pushups (actually, I can't jump as high to clap, so it's jumping pushups )
    BB Flat Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Dips

Day 3: Lift
    Hyperextension (Warmup)
    BB Deadlift
    Lying Leg Curl
    Hanging Leg Raise

Day 4: Pull
    Lat Pulldown (Warmup )
    Bent Over BB Row
    One-arm DB Row
    Pullups (in Machine)

Just finished my 1st micro and have seen that Lift day is quite light. No any soreness after that, very bad. Also, chin-ups even in machine are quite hard for me. I think I'll left them in my routine anyway, but gonna to make Lat Pulldowns one of the supplement lift instead of warmup. What I have to ask is could I change something in my routine at this point or must go through that layout up to the end of macro and change movements only for next one? I'm pretty sure that lift day does nothing for me. Deadlift is OK when here comes really heavy weights but supplements are too weak and doesn't hit muscles quite enough. Also I have to hit glutes and calves harder on lift day and don't know why I set those Hanging leg Raises at all..

What do you think, guys?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by plushcube; 03-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.

gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've started GST on Saturday, got 2 workouts in so far (Squat, Pull) and I must say it's a refreshing change of pace from my old bodypart split (24 sets per day, 3x a week, almost all to failure). Unfortunately I neglected my legs a lot, no squats, a few DLs and some leg extensions here and there which is why my 1RM is pretty low for squats. Naturally the first day of GST absolutely murdered my poor under-trained legs, if it wasn't for the railing when going down the stairs to the locker room I would be typing this from the hospital So my legs have been sore for 4 days now, people who see me walk must thing I've been butt-raped cuz I'm so stiff! lol

Since I'm still sore today and have my lift workout scheduled for this evening, what are my options?

1. Warm up a bit more up and tough it out through the workout since it's still my light cycle (65%)
    2. Wait till tomorrow for lift, might still be sore but not as much as today
    3. Switch Press day with Lift day, but then will have Lift and Squat back to back next week

Another question, I'm following an 3 days per week split and I'm worried about the long recovery time (9 days).
    sat- squat
    mon- pull
    wed- lift
    sat- press
    Which means that if I press on saturday, it won't be till the next monday that I hit my chest again, is that ok or should I consider an alternative?

In any case I will be sticking with GST for at least a few macrocycles since the feedback in this thread is very positive Keep up the good work and thanks again to Ryan for this great program!
    Last edited by gabster21; 03-14-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Originally Posted by plushcube View Post
    Well, here's my current routine:

Day 1: Squat
    Jumping Squats (Warmup)
    BB Back Squats
    High and Wide Stance Leg Press
    BB Lunges

Day 2: Press
    Clapping Pushups (actually, I can't jump as high to clap, so it's jumping pushups )
    BB Flat Bench Press
    Incline DB Press
    Dips

Day 3: Lift
    Hyperextension (Warmup)
    BB Deadlift
    Lying Leg Curl
    Hanging Leg Raise

Day 4: Pull
    Lat Pulldown (Warmup )
    Bent Over BB Row
    One-arm DB Row
    Pullups (in Machine)

Just finished my 1st micro and have seen that Lift day is quite light. No any soreness after that, very bad. Also, chin-ups even in machine are quite hard for me. I think I'll left them in my routine anyway, but gonna to make Lat Pulldowns one of the supplement lift instead of warmup. What I have to ask is could I change something in my routine at this point or must go through that layout up to the end of macro and change movements only for next one? I'm pretty sure that lift day does nothing for me. Deadlift is OK when here comes really heavy weights but supplements are too weak and doesn't hit muscles quite enough. Also I have to hit glutes and calves harder on lift day and don't know why I set those Hanging leg Raises at all..

What do you think, guys?

Thanks in advance
    Your routine is about to get better Congratulations on starting up your complete GST experience! You've got emails and thanks for your support!

Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone do a two day split? Or does that defeat the purpose?
    i.e. Day 1 - Press / Squat, Day 2 - Pull / Lift

erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erebus197 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gabster21 View Post

Since I'm still sore today and have my lift workout scheduled for this evening, what are my options?

1. Warm up a bit more up and tough it out through the workout since it's still my light cycle (65%)
    2. Wait till tomorrow for lift, might still be sore but not as much as today
    3. Switch Press day with Lift day, but then will have Lift and Squat back to back next week
    I would go with option one. Hop on a cardio bike and go low intensity to get the blood flowing to your legs. That should help a bit. You can also warmup slower/more. I find once the blood gets pumping I tend to ignore the soreness (or it goes away). Remember, soreness is not an indicator of recovery, so you can be full recovered but still sore.

Plus if you swap Press with Lift, you might have this same issue come up with your lower back. I'd rather deadlift with sore legs than squat with a sore lower back.

About the 9 day/week period, I don't think it should be too much a problem. I have seen/heard of some good progress with lifting every other day which is 8-9 days depending on if you count the rest or the next workout as the beginning of the next split.

Originally Posted by Zugu View Post
    It's not ideal but it is possible. I actually had this conversation with filmbuff in my log. I originally thought the same split you did. However, if you do pull/squat and press/lift, you can hit your pulls and lifts harder. If you do them on the same day they will start effecting each other.

Thanks for the great advice! i changed it around taking your comments into account so hopefully this is better routine!:

supplement lift 2: Dumbell lunges,
    Extra: Ab crunch

supplement lift 1: Lat Pulldown,
    Extra: Barbell preacher curls

supplement lift 1: Seated leg curl,
    Extra: No extra

supplement lift 1: Dips,
    supplement lift 2: Military dumbell press,

Is using seated leg curls instead of lieing leg curls ok? My gym only has the seated kind. So is this routine looking better?

Thanks
    Although you've made some changes, there are still exercises in other positions that I'd put them in. You seem to have about 60-70% of the program in place properly. It isn't your fault, it's just that I know every piece of the program and you don't Without sitting down and designing a full and improved program for you, rethink the positioning of those leg curls (any leg curl is fine to hit the hams, but I personally wouldn't even have them as a prioritized supplement lift if were my design) and just think about your weak points and if you're doing the most you can to turn them into strong points.

Check these links, they'll do you good:

www.growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf

http://www.growthstimulustraining.co...program-design

I can tell that you need some more help, and those who support GST get the most help I can give. Thanks again,

Ryan

There is a small portion in the eBook about this option, and it is completely possible. For some, I actually feel it would open the door to training each body part two times per week, which is preferable in some cases.

You'll still perform one core lift per workout, and you'll split the supplements lifts up if you know what I mean. Although I don't design many of these layouts, now that I'm envisioning it more in my head, I'm liking the look of things. I might have to do a long term run of this concept in my own training. I'm currently bulking, so now would be a good time! This might call for a 'Your Question, My Answer' video!

Although you've made some changes, there are still exercises in other positions that I'd put them in. You seem to have about 60-70% of the program in place properly. It isn't your fault, it's just that I know every piece of the program and you don't Without sitting down and designing a full and improved program for you, rethink the positioning of those leg curls (any leg curl is fine to hit the hams, but I personally wouldn't even have them as a prioritized supplement lift if were my design) and just think about your weak points and if you're doing the most you can to turn them into strong points.

Check these links, they'll do you good:

I can tell that you need some more help, and those who support GST get the most help I can give. Thanks again,

Ryan
    Thanks for the feedback!, i'v been doing lots of reading and searching the interwebs and i have to say, this is a really indepth program! I dont think i have seen a program with this depth before so i applaud you for that! Using my new found knowledge i decided to try create another routine... i believe this one covers pretty much everything, from what i can tell atleast. Keep up the good work!

Lift day:
    Core: Conventional Deadlift:
    Supp 1: Smith Good Morning:
    Supp 2: Barbell hip thrust:
    Direct abs work: Crunches:

Press day:
    Core: Smith incline barbell bench press
    Supp 1: Dips
    Supp 2: Flat dumbbell press
    Direct abs work: Hanging leg raises

Squat day:
    Core: Smith Barbell back squat
    Supp 1: Hack squat
    Supp 2: Bulgarian split squat
    Direct abs work: Dumbbell oblique crunch

Pull day:
    Core: Pull up (Medium Grip)
    Supp 1: Flat bench dumbbell row
    Supp 2: Close grip seated cable row
    Direct abs work: None

Better? This seems to hit all the key areas i would like them too hit.
    Last edited by kingsolos; 03-14-2012 at 08:51 PM.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the feedback!, i'v been doing lots of reading and searching the interwebs and i have to say, this is a really indepth program! I dont think i have seen a program with this depth before so i applaud you for that! Using my new found knowledge i decided to try create another routine... i believe this one covers pretty much everything, from what i can tell atleast. Keep up the good work!

Lift day:
    Core: Conventional Deadlift
    Supp 1: Romanian Deadlift
    Supp 2: Dumbbell reverse lunge
    Direct abs work: Crunches

Press day:

Squat day:

Pull day:

Kingsolos,

Ryan has been giving you hints on how to improve your program but you are missing the biggest hint. "those who support GST get the most help I can give." Basically if you want to commit to a program then commit $30 towards purchasing Ryan's e-book. When you purchase the e-book you will have the full program laid out for you. Better yet you will get a custom program built for you by Ryan based on information you give him in a questionnaire. Ryan does not just take your money and run, he is there for you to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your progress. Many here will tell you it is the best $30 they ever spent and they don't regret it. I know I don't.

Ryan can only help you so much right now because if he gave away all his secrets here he would have a bunch of pissed off customers that paid to get that same info.

For those talking about GST not providing enough frequency per microcycle!

Kingsolos,

Ryan has been giving you hints on how to improve your program but you are missing the biggest hint. "those who support GST get the most help I can give." Basically if you want to commit to a program then commit $30 towards purchasing Ryan's e-book. When you purchase the e-book you will have the full program laid out for you. Better yet you will get a custom program built for you by Ryan based on information you give him in a questionnaire. Ryan does not just take your money and run, he is there for you to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your progress. Many here will tell you it is the best $30 they ever spent and they don't regret it. I know I don't.

Ryan can only help you so much right now because if he gave away all his secrets here he would have a bunch of pissed off customers that paid to get that same info.
    Yeh i realise and i will get it, im using my friends eBook until i get some more money to buy myself one, so i have been reading through his trying to build a workout for me to use until i get my own, from what i'v read i'v got pretty much as close as i can get to a correct routine for what i want to achieve without having one made for me, il stick with this for the time being, thanks though

vegasian05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just bought the ebook, cant wait to read it. I pretty much have my workouts picked but im sure they could use some tweaking. Im just 1 week from finishing kris gethin 12 week transformation and lost some good weight. I plan doing one week of light workouts at the end then taking a week off for a short vacation to the beach. Then its on to gst to put on some lean muscle see if i can get up to 185 again, but the good way this time. Lol

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lift day:
    Core: Conventional Deadlift:
    Supp 1: Smith Good Morning:
    Supp 2: Barbell hip thrust:
    Direct abs work: Crunches:

Press day:

Squat day:

Pull day:

better, but is there a reason you would put a smith machine in any main lift? I would save it for supp lifts at best.

But as mentioned on here, spend the money on the eBook and get Ryan to design the first routine. For $30 its a treat. I've lost 7lbs and gains 100lbs on my big 3 lifts (not to mention all my other lifts going up) and I've stopped taking any kind of suppliment. I'm now at the stage where I can modify my own routine by myself based on my needs and get big results. Ryan has also answer counless questions privitely and even made a video answer to one of my questions.

you can't tell me thats not worth $30?
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

Originally Posted by vegasian05 View Post
    Just bought the ebook, cant wait to read it. I pretty much have my workouts picked but im sure they could use some tweaking. Im just 1 week from finishing kris gethin 12 week transformation and lost some good weight. I plan doing one week of light workouts at the end then taking a week off for a short vacation to the beach. Then its on to gst to put on some lean muscle see if i can get up to 185 again, but the good way this time. Lol
    Your support is much appreciated! You'll be satisfied with your experience, I'll do everything I can to make sure of that! I love this stuff!

Hey Ryan,

It looks like you have a little more time now with all the vids you have posted lately. Does that mean you are all moved into your new place? If so we are going to need some pics or a video walkthrough of your new gym space. Your thread of building your former gym was one of the best threads. Maybe you will have to update that old thread as well.
    I took a walkthrough video of the stripped down garage last night to start the transformation series I'll be putting together! The dumpster is getting delivered in 15 minutes, the materials are coming a little later, and my contractor/client will be here at 8am! Time to get to work

Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today was a stiff leg deadlift core exercise.
    I tried to lift 135KG, it was my 1RM, but couldn't lift it normally, it was too heavy.
    Then I dropped to 125KG and managed to make my AMRAP for 5 reps. So now my new RM is 137KG.
    Next Macro cycle I will follow 95% on the last micro cycle, so it will be 130KG.
    I hope in next 4 weeks I will reach the strength to lift with a good form, because right now I don't feel that way :/

Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Artyi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your Question, My Answer

The supplement scheme discussion continues!

This video talks about specializing GST to suit your current specific training goal.

Ryan,

If my goal is adding lean mass and gaining strength. As I understand the better solution would be to use supplement scheme as follows:
    Micro 1 - 8 Reps / 4 Sets
    Micro 2 - 5 Reps / 5 Sets
    Micro 3 - 8 Reps / 4 Sets
    Micro 4 - 5 Reps / 5 Sets

And using 65/75/85/95% for core?

I'm kinda confused about this endurance thing, do I really need it... As I'm more into lifting as heavy as I can, then I feel that I have done something. But of course after high rep micro there is more pump...

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I took a walkthrough video of the stripped down garage last night to start the transformation series I'll be putting together! The dumpster is getting delivered in 15 minutes, the materials are coming a little later, and my contractor/client will be here at 8am! Time to get to work
    Awesome! Will you be updating your old thread or just starting a new thread in the equipment section?

BTW. I just finished my micro 4 press day last night and my incline BB press 1RM went up 15lbs.

Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    better, but is there a reason you would put a smith machine in any main lift? I would save it for supp lifts at best.

But as mentioned on here, spend the money on the eBook and get Ryan to design the first routine. For $30 its a treat. I've lost 7lbs and gains 100lbs on my big 3 lifts (not to mention all my other lifts going up) and I've stopped taking any kind of suppliment. I'm now at the stage where I can modify my own routine by myself based on my needs and get big results. Ryan has also answer counless questions privitely and even made a video answer to one of my questions.

you can't tell me thats not worth $30?
    Unfortunatly my gym only has smith machines and im usually lifting without a spotter so i figured smith machine was my only option, i plan on getting the a designed program as soon as i get more money, but for now im reading my friends ebook and trying to make my own to use.

Edit: i have since replaced all smith machine use in the routine, except for squats which i replaced with smith front squats, from what i can tell they aint so bad on smith machines.
    Last edited by kingsolos; 03-15-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zugu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is a small portion in the eBook about this option, and it is completely possible. For some, I actually feel it would open the door to training each body part two times per week, which is preferable in some cases.

You'll still perform one core lift per workout, and you'll split the supplements lifts up if you know what I mean. Although I don't design many of these layouts, now that I'm envisioning it more in my head, I'm liking the look of things. I might have to do a long term run of this concept in my own training. I'm currently bulking, so now would be a good time! This might call for a 'Your Question, My Answer' video!
    Thanks Ryan.

Why would I only do one core? My question was really based on my schedule which might be limited to only two work out days.

Looking at supplement lifts, how do you determine which weight to lift through each scheme?, so you get your weight from your 15 - 20 rep scheme and then apparently this can be used to determine the weight for the other 2 schemes? but i dont seem to be able to find that information, im looking through the ebook but i cant find that information so if anyone knows a page number, that would be great!

Looking at supplement lifts, how do you determine which weight to lift through each scheme?, so you get your weight from your 15 - 20 rep scheme and then apparently this can be used to determine the weight for the other 2 schemes? but i dont seem to be able to find that information, im looking through the ebook but i cant find that information so if anyone knows a page number, that would be great!
    Trial and error is how it's done. The first macrocycle is basically just getting you broken in. Find those baseline weights for your supplement lifts and then work on progression (slow and steady).

Thanks Ryan.

Why would I only do one core? My question was really based on my schedule which might be limited to only two work out days.
    I realize that I actually misunderstood your question. You would do two core lifts per workout, yes. I was thinking that you had 4 days to workout per week, but wanted double frequency, which isn't correct. Sorry about that.....well, at least it made me do a video on the x2 frequency variation of GST, haha.

Trial and error is how it's done. The first macrocycle is basically just getting you broken in. Find those baseline weights for your supplement lifts and then work on progression (slow and steady).
    Thanks for the fast response!

SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    even if you get it right, you find your supp exercises go up so quick that you are chasing the figures the entire time.

In 3 macros, (including macro 0) i've moved at least 3 exercises weight up. Quite a lot of the time its 5KG/11lb jumps. Yesterday I did 75KG (almost BW) ATG front squats for 4 x 8 reps without any struggle at all. I remember 50KG feeling like the devil crawling in my thighs
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

day 1: Press
    main lift: BB Flat Bench Press
    DB Shoulder Press
    BB Row
    weighted Dips
    Delts

day2: Squat
    main lift: BB Box Squats
    Front Squats
    (WPT: press)
    RDLs

day3: Pull
    main lift: Bent Over BB Row
    Weighted Wide Grip Pull ups
    Press movement (5 x 5)
    One Arm DB Row
    (WPT or flexible for extra volume based on time and energy)

day4: Lift
    main lift: BB Sumo Deadlift
    Good Morning
    BB Back Squat
    (WPT)

This is more or less my plans for macro 3 for anyone that cares. Its a little more balanced for hitting the body hard twice a week, which works a little better for me. Especially lower body

Originally Posted by Artyi View Post
    Ryan,

If my goal is adding lean mass and gaining strength. As I understand the better solution would be to use supplement scheme as follows:
    Micro 1 - 8 Reps / 4 Sets
    Micro 2 - 5 Reps / 5 Sets
    Micro 3 - 8 Reps / 4 Sets
    Micro 4 - 5 Reps / 5 Sets

And using 65/75/85/95% for core?

I'm kinda confused about this endurance thing, do I really need it... As I'm more into lifting as heavy as I can, then I feel that I have done something. But of course after high rep micro there is more pump...
    Bump.

Closed Thread
Page 318 of 340 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast