Closed Thread
Page 312 of 340 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 10198
    Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This would be great for getting out of plateaus? Seems worth a shot
    R.I.P Zyzz

IIFYM

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Drufeus View Post
    This is the video I needed. Thanks!!!!
    This is why I do what I do!

Originally Posted by Kianbrah View Post
    This would be great for getting out of plateaus? Seems worth a shot
    Yes, GST is designed to provide a very long progression timeline. Plateaus will occur, but GST also has strategies in place that tell you what to do when that happens. If you plan on giving it a shot, start here: www.growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf. That eBook will take you through your very first microcycle of GST; Micro 0.

Thanks for posting, repped.

Ryan
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kianbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    This is why I do what I do!

Yes, GST is designed to provide a very long progression timeline. Plateaus will occur, but GST also has strategies in place that tell you what to do when that happens. If you plan on giving it a shot, start here: www.growthstimulustraining.com/trial.pdf. That eBook will take you through your very first microcycle of GST; Micro 0.

Thanks for posting, repped.

Ryan
    Thanks Ryan appreciate it. Definitely going to give it a go ive been on the look out for a new training method for awhile.

I'll let you know my progress
    R.I.P Zyzz

IIFYM

Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really liking what I've read in these first couple pages so hoping not much had changed. Coming off a deload week and really want to give this a shot since I'm getting demotivated with lack of progression.

Main concern is with not being able to get the proper nutrition while on this. Just had a new addition to the family so both diet and rest has taken a huge hit.
    ~Braves-Falcons-Caps~
    ~Dad Crew x2~
    ~Currently playing: SMITE~

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kianbrah View Post
    Thanks Ryan appreciate it. Definitely going to give it a go ive been on the look out for a new training method for awhile.

I'll let you know my progress
    You won't be disappointed
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10) samuraimnkey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Applied Ryan's multiple warmup sets and deadlift technique to my session today and hit a personal best! This guy knows what he's talking about! Thanks Ryan! And to think that I haven't even started the actual GST program yet! I see great gains in my future!!
    I will do today what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't!
    will Rep for good advice...

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by samuraimnkey View Post
    Applied Ryan's multiple warmup sets and deadlift technique to my session today and hit a personal best! This guy knows what he's talking about! Thanks Ryan! And to think that I haven't even started the actual GST program yet! I see great gains in my future!!
    Thats awesome!! Its amazing how the simplest of things can make such a great difference in success!
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

dvlmet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I apologize if it was discussed, but do not know where to ask
    What about a group per day , I realized that is the best way
    everything is to want
    http://universteam.com

peraz1788 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peraz1788 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peraz1788 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peraz1788 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peraz1788 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If i have lower/upper split, would it also work?

monday: UPPER

CORE lift: incline bench press, supplement lift 4 sets (for chest)
    CORE lift: deadlift, supplement lift 4 sets (for back)

4 sets biceps,triceps
    3 sets shoulders

tuesday: LOWER

CORE lift: back squat
    supplement lift 1: hack squat or bulgarian squat (2 sets)
    supplement lift 2: leg press or one leg leg press (2 sets)
    2 sets for hamstrings
    4 sets for calves,abs

wednesday: OFF / CARDIO

Thursday: UPPER - same as monday or should i change core lifts?
    Friday: Lower - same as tuesday or maybe core lift squat on box

weekend : OFF / CARDIO

When i have upper part i train 1 set chest and i start with 1 set back(1 tric + 1 bic,.. etc). So 1 set deadlift, 1 set bench press. That way i have enough of active rest between sets.
    Between core lifts i have more rest than between supplement lifts. Other things (reps per set, 4 week routine) would be the same as described in first 4 pages of that topic.
    Workout like that takes me 60-70 mins.

If you could comment workout it would be much appriciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by peraz1788; 02-04-2012 at 11:04 AM.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by samuraimnkey View Post
    For those interested, here are the links to what the OP is talking about:

The warmup article:
    https://www.********.com/note.php?no...43473009046045

The deadlift tutorial:

Originally Posted by dvlmet View Post
    I apologize if it was discussed, but do not know where to ask
    What about a group per day , I realized that is the best way
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you talking about something like one day for biceps, one day for quads, etc.??

tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tH1e-swiN1e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting Tomorrow. PUMPED!!
    Meat is for Pussies.

Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drufeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Posting my results from my first Macro. Posted over in The Locker Room but thought I would share here too just to show how much this program works. Old and New 1RM.

PRESS: INCLINE BB BP: OLD=215LBS NEW=250LBS +35LBS
    SQUAT: BB BOX SQUAT: OLD=277LBS NEW=320LBS +43LBS
    PULL: CHINUP: OLD=245LBS NEW=255LBS +10LBS
    LIFT: CONVENTIONAL DL: OLD=335LB NEW=340LBS +5LBS (weakest lift for me and am getting over that hurdle as I type this)

Best gains I've ever had over a month span of training. Great program and just started Macro 2 and nailed 160lbs x 16 on Incline BB Bench Press for AMRAP. Ready to grow some more!!!!!

Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Will be finding my 1RM and supp exercises this week, really just want to start the program since I have an idea of what they are to begin with.

Not totally understanding why I need to go in a do 15-20 reps of supps before starting program.
    ~Braves-Falcons-Caps~
    ~Dad Crew x2~

Supplement Lift Rep and Set Selection

One of the biggest 'lightbulb going off' moments of my training career was when I realized that in order to make the most constant and reliable strength and size gains possible, I needed to start varying the number of sets and reps I did each workout. This is a very important statement, and if you don't realize how important it is, then you've probably not experienced what varying these things can add to your progression.

I'm not talking about switching up your exercises each workout, I'm talking about the reps and sets only. Any program worth anything is going to have you performing the same exercise selection for multiple workouts. The program will also have multiple workouts focused on multiple goals and aspects of training(strength, power, size, conditioning, etc.)

With GST, you've got 4 workouts, which you are going to be repeating for a bare minimum of 4 times through. Ideally, you will repeat multiple cycles of GST in a row. It is actually designed to be the only program you'll really ever need. I haven't discussed how the core lifts progress throughout each 4 week period yet, so I'm not going to talk about those right now.

The focus here is the supplement lifts. Like I said, you'll be running those same supplement lifts at least 4 workouts in a row. Now, you could just use something generic like 4x6 or 3x12 for your supplement lifts each time you perform them. However, if you remember my opening statement, you'll know that I will have no part in that!

I am going to recommend that you run two rep/set schemes if you are going to be using the same supplements for 4-8 weeks. These are as follows:

Scheme 1: 3 to 4 sets x 8-10 reps
    Scheme 2: 2 to 3 sets x 15-20 reps

I chose 8-10 reps because this is a solid number of reps to lift fairly heavy with, while not overly stressing your nervous system and joints. You will be doing plenty of heavy, stressful work with your core lifts. Let's keep the heavy stuff away from your supplements! Scheme 1 will allow you to progress in strength and size while still being able to focus on form and technique.

I chose 15-20 reps because I believe that conditioning is a big part of being able to push yourself through tough workouts. Also, the build up of lactic acid in the muscles has been shown to spark an increase in Growth Hormone, which is always a positive!

Scheme 2 requires a lighter load, but I have seen many clients benefit from lifting in this rep range. They show quality increases in size, along with plenty of mental toughness, which is priceless in the gym.

The amount of feeling you'll have in your targeted muscle groups will also aid in building up your mind muscle connections. The more you can feel what you're working with Scheme 2, the more you can think about your muscles and imagine them flexing and growing.

Scheme 2 is not the most commonly used method in training programs, but in my opinion, it has tons of benefits that many programs don't aim to touch on.

One major concept you'll notice in the two schemes is that there is the opportunity to adjust the number of sets based on how you are feeling that day. Like before, I don't give the opportunity to change the workouts up completely, but there is the option for some amount of variation. Not everyday is your best day, and I feel that overdoing it on those days that you feel weak is a big mistake.

If you are feeling mighty, go with the larger number of sets. If you feel gassed, go with the smaller number of sets.

Alright, so you now know the schemes and their reasonings. I'm not going to lay out what that would look like in action.

I'm going to take our same previous lifting schedule and add in the schemes below.

Week 1

Workout 1: Squat Training
    Core Lift: Barbell Front Squat
    Supplement Lift 1: Walking BB Lunge, 3-4x8-10
    Supplement Lift 2: Single Leg Press, 3-4x8-10

Workout 2: Pull Training
    Core Lift: Multi Grip Pullup
    Supplement Lift 1: Flat Bench DB Row, 3-4x8-10
    Supplement Lift 2: Close Grip Seated Cable Row, 3-4x8-10

Workout 3: Lift Training
    Core Lift: Conventional BB Deadlift,
    Supplement Lift 1: BB Good Morning, 3-4x8-10
    Supplement Lift 2: Cable Pullthrough, 3-4x8-10

Workout 4: Press Training
    Core Lift: Incline BB Press
    Supplement Lift 1: Dips, 3-4x8-10
    Supplement Lift 2: Flat DB Press, 3-4x8-10

Week 2

Workout 1: Squat Training
    Core Lift: Barbell Front Squat
    Supplement Lift 1: Walking BB Lunge, 2-3x15-20
    Supplement Lift 2: Single Leg Press, 2-3x15-20

Workout 2: Pull Training
    Core Lift: Multi Grip Pullup
    Supplement Lift 1: Flat Bench DB Row, 2-3x15-20
    Supplement Lift 2: Close Grip Seated Cable Row, 2-3x15-20

Workout 3: Lift Training
    Core Lift: Conventional BB Deadlift,
    Supplement Lift 1: BB Good Morning, 2-3x15-20
    Supplement Lift 2: Cable Pullthrough, 2-3x15-20

Workout 4: Press Training
    Core Lift: Incline BB Press
    Supplement Lift 1: Dips, 2-3x15-20
    Supplement Lift 2: Flat DB Press, 2-3x15-20

There is an alternating pattern which takes place weekly, as you can see. This pattern should be used throughout the duration of your GST program!

The next topic will include the concepts behind the core lift set and rep schemes.......
    See as how this post is from 2010 is this still the suggested way to do this program? While increasing from 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% for core lifts week to week?
    ~Braves-Falcons-Caps~
    ~Dad Crew x2~

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Forumite View Post
    See as how this post is from 2010 is this still the suggested way to do this program? While increasing from 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% for core lifts week to week?
    this is the basic version. The advanced one is in the ebook and is much better IMO (the eBook has a lot more infor in general). The suppliment schemes and the main lift wave at different frequency and make it much less likely to platau IMO.

I absolutely love GST. Even on a cut I am making solid strength gains.
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50) wdmvp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Ryan,

First of all, I'm very happy with GST and my ebook purchase. You've designed a good program that is easy to follow and very demanding despite the lack of volume in comparison to other programs. I like the changing rep scheme as I always feel like I'm doing something different and challenging. Props to you.

I'm currently on M2M4 right now, and after this week I'll be starting M3. I've had some nice initial gains due to the fact that I estimated my 1RM pretty modestly, but I'm a bit concerned with my press strength. Before doing GST, I was basically doing my own variation of Starting Strength with the bench press (i.e. increase in increments of 5lbs each week). I eventually stalled at 200lbs, and soon after I decided to switch things up and go with GST. I estimated my 1RM to be ~225, and according to my AMRAP sets thus far, I was pretty close (the calculations say my 1RM is 220). As mentioned, I've been working out on GST for nearly 2 months (macrocycles), including a 1 week deload in between but I haven't made the progress I'd like on my bench press.

Do you have any recommendations that will aid me in bringing my press up to speed with the other lifts? I was considering doing a chest exercise on my non-press days (perhaps Incline BB Bench) as a form of WPT. Thoughts? Here's a layout of my current GST program (core lifts in bold).

PRESS:
    Flat BB Bench Press
    Flat CG BB Bench Press
    DB Military Press
    Decline BB Bench Press
    Abs
    ** I was previously doing the Dips machine in Micro 1 and I am thinking about going back to that or some other chest exercise because 3 bench exercises feels unsustainable strength wise. By the time I'm doing Decline it doesn't feel great because I am unable to do the weight I'm capable of due to fatigue.

SQUAT:
    BB Back Squat
    Leg Press
    Leg Extension
    Calves
    ** I'm also trying to incorporate Front Squats in as another supplement lift but I'm not comfortable with them yet. Also I don't know if I really need to because my quads feel like they're going to explode after this workout, haha.

PULL:
    LAT Pulldown (supine grip because I'm not strong enough to do pull ups yet)
    CG Seated Cable Row
    DB Row
    Curls
    Abs

LIFT:
    Deadlift
    RDL
    Leg Curls
    Calves
    ** Previously did reverse lunges on this day as well but this current setup absolutely toasts my hammys.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wdmvp; 02-06-2012 at 07:35 AM.

JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Greetings,

Finally got around to looking at this thread and I had a question that might be a bit of a special case (or maybe not?)
    I broke my wrist just over a year ago and it never healed properly. My doctor said that if it wasn't back to 100% at around 8 months, it would probably be permanent.

I can still do 90% of lifts out there with no issues, but I cannot do pressing exercises with a straight grip AT ALL. My wrist just collapses, screams with pain and then swells for a week.
    I need to do all my pressing with a bit of a angle (or just neutral grip, so dips are still ok! ), which just isn't possible with BB/smith presses.

What should I do for press day? It seems like DB exercises "don't count" as a compound, plus they're used as a second supplemental lift.
    How about using weighted dips as the compound? ...or would something else be preferable?
    ... or perhaps just skip having a press day and instead throw them in as supplementals on other days? (I'm going to have to do 3-day workout anyway).

Hope you can help, any input greatly appreciated!

koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JaymzZz View Post
    Greetings,

Finally got around to looking at this thread and I had a question that might be a bit of a special case (or maybe not?)
    I broke my wrist just over a year ago and it never healed properly. My doctor said that if it wasn't back to 100% at around 8 months, it would probably be permanent.

I can still do 90% of lifts out there with no issues, but I cannot do pressing exercises with a straight grip AT ALL. My wrist just collapses, screams with pain and then swells for a week.
    I need to do all my pressing with a bit of a angle (or just neutral grip, so dips are still ok! ), which just isn't possible with BB/smith presses.

What should I do for press day? It seems like DB exercises "don't count" as a compound, plus they're used as a second supplemental lift.
    How about using weighted dips as the compound? ...or would something else be preferable?
    ... or perhaps just skip having a press day and instead throw them in as supplementals on other days? (I'm going to have to do 3-day workout anyway).

Wasn't the vicular bone you broke was it? I messed my wrist up pretty bad playing football i had to have 2 surgeries, bone graph, and still have a screw in it. I was in a cast for so long every muscle in my fore arm atrophed (11months). It took a really long time to heal and its still not back to normal. Like you,i couldnt do any kind of press at all for a long time, but i eventually started really light and was able to slowly get back into using it. The best advice i could give you is to go easy, i didnt do this and had to repeat the surgery the second time. You may have to modify the way you do press exercises a little but you might eventually be able to do some of thethings you cant do right now. Try to use your bad hand as much as possible doing everyday things,try not to favor your good hand to much, it will cause mor problems later on.

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Greetings,

Have you tried neutral grip DB press, should be ok if you am do dips. Also if you train at home look into buying a neutral grip barbell.

"Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

rmppb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rmppb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just came from my first squat day on microcycle number 4 ( 1 rep schedule )

My max rep was 115 kg and today i lifted 110kg for 3 times !! That makes my max rep to 120 kg !!! an increase of 5kg in 1 month

Should i recalculate my squat lifts or just keep with the same weight ?? starting my 2nd macro next week and im tempted to increase already ehehe

Originally Posted by rmppb View Post

My max rep was 115 kg and today i lifted 110kg for 3 times !! That makes my max rep to 120 kg !!! an increase of 5kg in 1 month

Should i recalculate my squat lifts or just keep with the same weight ?? starting my 2nd macro next week and im tempted to increase already ehehe
    If you have finished a macrocycle (4 microcycles) it is ok to reassess your 1RM and increase if you feel the need.
    ~Braves-Falcons-Caps~
    ~Dad Crew x2~

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rmppb View Post

Great Job!!! combine Micro 3's and micro 4's 1 rep maxes use that average to find new 1 rep max....then new % for macro 2 will be based on that number.
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

Originally Posted by wdmvp View Post
    Hey Ryan,

First of all, I'm very happy with GST and my ebook purchase. You've designed a good program that is easy to follow and very demanding despite the lack of volume in comparison to other programs. I like the changing rep scheme as I always feel like I'm doing something different and challenging. Props to you.

I'm currently on M2M4 right now, and after this week I'll be starting M3. I've had some nice initial gains due to the fact that I estimated my 1RM pretty modestly, but I'm a bit concerned with my press strength. Before doing GST, I was basically doing my own variation of Starting Strength with the bench press (i.e. increase in increments of 5lbs each week). I eventually stalled at 200lbs, and soon after I decided to switch things up and go with GST. I estimated my 1RM to be ~225, and according to my AMRAP sets thus far, I was pretty close (the calculations say my 1RM is 220). As mentioned, I've been working out on GST for nearly 2 months (macrocycles), including a 1 week deload in between but I haven't made the progress I'd like on my bench press.

Do you have any recommendations that will aid me in bringing my press up to speed with the other lifts? I was considering doing a chest exercise on my non-press days (perhaps Incline BB Bench) as a form of WPT. Thoughts? Here's a layout of my current GST program (core lifts in bold).

PRESS:
    Flat BB Bench Press
    Flat CG BB Bench Press
    DB Military Press
    Decline BB Bench Press
    Abs
    ** I was previously doing the Dips machine in Micro 1 and I am thinking about going back to that or some other chest exercise because 3 bench exercises feels unsustainable strength wise. By the time I'm doing Decline it doesn't feel great because I am unable to do the weight I'm capable of due to fatigue.

SQUAT:
    BB Back Squat
    Leg Press
    Leg Extension
    Calves
    ** I'm also trying to incorporate Front Squats in as another supplement lift but I'm not comfortable with them yet. Also I don't know if I really need to because my quads feel like they're going to explode after this workout, haha.

PULL:
    LAT Pulldown (supine grip because I'm not strong enough to do pull ups yet)
    CG Seated Cable Row
    DB Row
    Curls
    Abs

LIFT:
    Deadlift
    RDL
    Leg Curls
    Calves
    ** Previously did reverse lunges on this day as well but this current setup absolutely toasts my hammys.

Thanks in advance.
    I commonly advise added frequency to bring up a weak point, in strength or in size. Doubling your bench frequency is a smart idea, and I'd add the benching at the start of your pull day. One popular method that people have been using is to utilize a specialized bench press program. I have not used these programs personally, but I've been hearing about 'Macenko's' bench program. You can check into that program, see what the frequency is, and then incorporate it into your current layout. Make sense?

Greetings,

You can use dumbbells for a core lift if you need to, it'll work well for you. You could use dips too, but if you want to stick to the true pressing motion, dumbbells are your answer.

This is something you could explore, but I'd aim to keep the press day in the mix, as being unable to hold a barbell should not hold you back much at all in your press day exercise choices.

See Bold. This really shouldn't hold you back much, as I mentioned above. Just use dumbbells when you'd normally use a barbell and call it good.

Originally Posted by peraz1788 View Post
    If i have lower/upper split, would it also work?

monday: UPPER

CORE lift: incline bench press, supplement lift 4 sets (for chest)
    CORE lift: deadlift, supplement lift 4 sets (for back)

4 sets biceps,triceps
    3 sets shoulders

tuesday: LOWER

CORE lift: back squat
    supplement lift 1: hack squat or bulgarian squat (2 sets)
    supplement lift 2: leg press or one leg leg press (2 sets)
    2 sets for hamstrings
    4 sets for calves,abs

wednesday: OFF / CARDIO

Thursday: UPPER - same as monday or should i change core lifts?
    Friday: Lower - same as tuesday or maybe core lift squat on box

weekend : OFF / CARDIO

When i have upper part i train 1 set chest and i start with 1 set back(1 tric + 1 bic,.. etc). So 1 set deadlift, 1 set bench press. That way i have enough of active rest between sets.
    Between core lifts i have more rest than between supplement lifts. Other things (reps per set, 4 week routine) would be the same as described in first 4 pages of that topic.
    Workout like that takes me 60-70 mins.

If you could comment workout it would be much appriciated! Thanks!
    If you can train 4 days per week, you should be using the standard 4 workout approach. You're really complicating things heavily, and unnecessarily too. Stick to the program instead of trying to remake it. People get results with GST as it is, and they reliably get results to boot. If you want an upper lower program, there are others out there to choose from. GST is set up and ready to go, take advantage of that! If you'd like to work with me on a custom program, as you seem like that type of guy, visit http://www.growthstimulustraining.co...-progra-design and learn more about that option!

Thanks for posting,

Ryan

Originally Posted by Drufeus View Post
    Posting my results from my first Macro. Posted over in The Locker Room but thought I would share here too just to show how much this program works. Old and New 1RM.

PRESS: INCLINE BB BP: OLD=215LBS NEW=250LBS +35LBS
    SQUAT: BB BOX SQUAT: OLD=277LBS NEW=320LBS +43LBS
    PULL: CHINUP: OLD=245LBS NEW=255LBS +10LBS
    LIFT: CONVENTIONAL DL: OLD=335LB NEW=340LBS +5LBS (weakest lift for me and am getting over that hurdle as I type this)

Best gains I've ever had over a month span of training. Great program and just started Macro 2 and nailed 160lbs x 16 on Incline BB Bench Press for AMRAP. Ready to grow some more!!!!!
    I'll never get tired of posts like this. Repped sir!

BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDog00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick question, I got my program from Ryan (and I'm sure he'll chime in as well) this week and will start it next week. I know its recomended to start with the "Micro 0" to find 1 rep maxs and get an idea of how the program is set up. My question is, do I really need to do the Micro 0 if I have already run through a full Macro of GST? I made my own program before I decided to buy the ebook and already know where I'm at with my 1 rep max's. I would assume I dont need it, but wanted to ask before I started.

JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000) JaymzZz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by koltonb View Post
    Wasn't the vicular bone you broke was it? I messed my wrist up pretty bad playing football i had to have 2 surgeries, bone graph, and still have a screw in it. I was in a cast for so long every muscle in my fore arm atrophed (11months). It took a really long time to heal and its still not back to normal. Like you,i couldnt do any kind of press at all for a long time, but i eventually started really light and was able to slowly get back into using it. The best advice i could give you is to go easy, i didnt do this and had to repeat the surgery the second time. You may have to modify the way you do press exercises a little but you might eventually be able to do some of thethings you cant do right now. Try to use your bad hand as much as possible doing everyday things,try not to favor your good hand to much, it will cause mor problems later on.
    No idea what bone it was... though I do remember him mentioning when looking at the x-rays that a verrry tiny bone got displaced in the process but it's too small to do anything about.
    That might have been the cause, though honestly I think it comes down to the under-qualified hospital staff who ****ed up my pins (and then TWICE with the cast, I mean come on... went to another hospital and they literally laughed at it)
    Hopefully it will get better over time... been doing the other-hand thing already but now my left is getting issues, Lol!

Originally Posted by lllDBOlll View Post
    Have you tried neutral grip DB press, should be ok if you am do dips. Also if you train at home look into buying a neutral grip barbell.

Woah, never seen one that big before, just the little ones for curls and stuff.
    Unfortuantely, my gym doesn't have this and at home, I don't even have room for my computer desk, let alone equipment
    Appreciate the suggestion in any case, I'll give it a go if they ever get one at my gym.

See Bold. This really shouldn't hold you back much, as I mentioned above. Just use dumbbells when you'd normally use a barbell and call it good.
    Alright, sounds good. Pretty much what I've been doing already so that makes it simple.
    Thx for the input.

Originally Posted by BigDog00 View Post
    Quick question, I got my program from Ryan (and I'm sure he'll chime in as well) this week and will start it next week. I know its recomended to start with the "Micro 0" to find 1 rep maxs and get an idea of how the program is set up. My question is, do I really need to do the Micro 0 if I have already run through a full Macro of GST? I made my own program before I decided to buy the ebook and already know where I'm at with my 1 rep max's. I would assume I dont need it, but wanted to ask before I started.
    Two words: not necessary.

If you already know the information that Micro 0 is designed to provide, there is no need to do it.

BTW, thanks again for your eBook purchase. Your business is much appreciated!

Ryan

No idea what bone it was... though I do remember him mentioning when looking at the x-rays that a verrry tiny bone got displaced in the process but it's too small to do anything about.
    That might have been the cause, though honestly I think it comes down to the under-qualified hospital staff who ****ed up my pins (and then TWICE with the cast, I mean come on... went to another hospital and they literally laughed at it)
    Hopefully it will get better over time... been doing the other-hand thing already but now my left is getting issues, Lol!

Woah, never seen one that big before, just the little ones for curls and stuff.
    Unfortuantely, my gym doesn't have this and at home, I don't even have room for my computer desk, let alone equipment
    Appreciate the suggestion in any case, I'll give it a go if they ever get one at my gym.

Alright, sounds good. Pretty much what I've been doing already so that makes it simple.
    Thx for the input.
    See Bold and insert joke. GO!

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This routine looks awesome! Since I'm just starting out I'm gonan stick to Starting Strength for a while, and maybe MADCOWS or one of the other post-SS programs, but I definitely am going to give this a try once I get more experienced!

Will definitely buy the e-book! Is there a link anywhere for it? I'll even buy it now just to get my reading in before-hand :P

edit: found the link!

Originally Posted by MikePlow View Post
    This routine looks awesome! Since I'm just starting out I'm gonan stick to Starting Strength for a while, and maybe MADCOWS or one of the other post-SS programs, but I definitely am going to give this a try once I get more experienced!

Will definitely buy the e-book! Is there a link anywhere for it? I'll even buy it now just to get my reading in before-hand :P

edit: found the link!
    Looking forward to designing your program sir!

thaivo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's up guys? Just joined the forum this week, love this website. My goals are to gain 10 lbs and massive strength. Got started with GST yesterday for the first time. I began my Cycle 1 first workout with Press and my core lift is Incline BB followed by 2 supplement lifts: dips and flat DB. Just wondering here, my workout lasted about 1/2 hour with some warm-ups and these 3 exercises, is that adequate time and what's everyone's average workout time on these workouts initially? thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 312 of 340 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast