Closed Thread
Page 272 of 340 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,160 of 10198
    Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your within the GST parameters with that Billy.

Only thing that I dont like is ditching the Front Squats for Leg Extensions, but that is just a personal preference.

Go for it. Congrats on the new equipment. Every time that I have bought a new piece I am like a kid in a Toys R Us
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lucharilla0311 View Post
    So, you DO like me!

This is my first time looking through this thread - Pretty awesome stuff! Overall the board isn't TOO bad. Still pains me looking at some of the people giving advice, but I'm new here and just want to pitch in. I'm not used to there being SO many people. Threads get bumped pretty fast over here. Wish I joined a few years ago.
    I actually just Favorited your website about a week or so ago. Look forward to reading some articles when i have more spare time

Do you do drugs Danny? majorchamp's Avatar
    majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry that I don't want to go through 272 full pages of content for this particular answer, but was curious since the inception of this program in January 2010, how many of you guys who have done it have seen good results through it?

I've been lifting since March 2011, focused on a 3 day split where I do 3 sets @ 5 reps for all my compounds. I've seen good gains during that time, but I feel like I'm at a point where I could use a change up...and I was pointed to this thread. The only reason I started thinking of a change up was because last Thursday.

Last thursday, I did bench. I did my routine 3 sets at 160, 160,
    and 165 all at 5 reps. I then, for the hell of it, decided to drop some weight and
    go for higher reps...I think I did 8-10 reps possibly. I did this for
    another 3 sets (by the 6th set, I was barely getting 5-6 reps with
    that lower weight).

but what I felt in my chest was different then what I felt after my
    standard 3 sets of heavier weight. I think it's because the lower
    weight allowed me to bring the bar almost to my chest and push it up
    where the heavier weight I tend to stop a few inches shy of my chest.

regardless, I just felt like I worked the muscles SO much more with the lighter weight.

When i started in March, I was 167lbs. I have been at 183lbs now since May 1, which is partially due to probably just not eating enough for more weight gain, but my strength gains have continued to go up.

theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10) theoxmancometh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by majorchamp View Post
    Sorry that I don't want to go through 272 full pages of content for this particular answer, but was curious since the inception of this program in January 2010, how many of you guys who have done it have seen good results through it?

I've been lifting since March 2011, focused on a 3 day split where I do 3 sets @ 5 reps for all my compounds. I've seen good gains during that time, but I feel like I'm at a point where I could use a change up...and I was pointed to this thread. The only reason I started thinking of a change up was because last Thursday.

and 165 all at 5 reps. I then, for the hell of it, decided to drop some weight and
    that lower weight).

regardless, I just felt like I worked the muscles SO much more with the lighter weight.

When i started in March, I was 167lbs. I have been at 183lbs now since May 1, which is partially due to probably just not eating enough for more weight gain, but my strength gains have continued to go up.
    Out of Curiosity, how do you have so many posts while only starting lifting a few months ago?

Do you do drugs Danny? majorchamp's Avatar
    majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theoxmancometh View Post
    Out of Curiosity, how do you have so many posts while only starting lifting a few months ago?
    Fair question.

I've done lifting off and on for the last several years, but had mix of injuries, plus just life happens, etc..

I did P90x for 45 days last year, and have stopped and started programs a few times but nothing consistent.

My workout regiment since March has by far been my longest and most consistent routine I've done since college and I am happy about it.

I've also participated in the forums in other regards, helping with web development questions on the MISC, etc.. and just general chit chat.

Fair question.

I've done lifting off and on for the last several years, but had mix of injuries, plus just life happens, etc..

I did P90x for 45 days last year, and have stopped and started programs a few times but nothing consistent.

My workout regiment since March has by far been my longest and most consistent routine I've done since college and I am happy about it.

I've also participated in the forums in other regards, helping with web development questions on the MISC, etc.. and just general chit chat.
    Yea, I actually just searched your posts and saw you had a lot of golf posts, then I saw your quote from caddyshack, hah.

Can't really give you an indepth response because it is almost 1am in Korea where I am currently living. To sum it up, I've had good gains for the past 5 months I've been on it. Almost any program will get you gains as long as you keep your nutrition in check. Nutrition is the main key to success in the gym IMO. You can try any program and not eat enough Macronutrients and you'll never see growth after your first 4-6 months of training. Having said that, I really like this program because it it does change the rep scheme a lot and also provides a lot of much needed rest. I guess this is a bit in-depth, hah.
    Hope it helps

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

that lower weight).

Hey glad to see that you a taking a look. Ran Miller, the GST creator, moderates this thread and is here on a usual basis. He will see your questions and respond.

As for other trainees......a number of us post workout results and talk shop in an alternate thread called GST: The Locker Room http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...385053&page=75

If you want a look at workout results go over there.

This main thread is for beginner questions. I guess that you could say the The Locker Room thread is for active GSTers that have been at it for months and months.

As for results...here is a short answer from me. On page 1 of my journal, I am leery about being able to deadlift 370x3 during my first GST progression. Now, about nine months later....my last workout was 360x6x3.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

that lower weight).

Major,

Check your inbox. I want your email so I can send you Micro 0, an intro to GST.

Thanks,

Ryan
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Hey glad to see that you a taking a look. Ran Miller, the GST creator, moderates this thread and is here on a usual basis. He will see your questions and respond.

As for other trainees......a number of us post workout results and talk shop in an alternate thread called GST: The Locker Room http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...385053&page=75

If you want a look at workout results go over there.

This main thread is for beginner questions. I guess that you could say the The Locker Room thread is for active GSTers that have been at it for months and months.

As for results...here is a short answer from me. On page 1 of my journal, I am leery about being able to deadlift 370x3 during my first GST progression. Now, about nine months later....my last workout was 360x6x3.
    I think your physical appearance changes are the most impressive. I've seen you morph over the past year, no question.

I occasionally lift heavy mstatefan91's Avatar
    mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mstatefan91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Ryan,
    Are all GST users/former GST users going to get this Micro 0? I'm really interested in reading it!
    S/B/D: 485/305/500 lbs

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173558951

Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Hey Ryan,
    Are all GST users/former GST users going to get this Micro 0? I'm really interested in reading it!
    Yes, EVERYONE can see Micro 0! I just haven't set up a download link yet on my website

If you want it ASAP, send me an email: ryan@growthstimulustraining.com

I'll send it to those who request it from me for now.

Ryan

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Yes, EVERYONE can see Micro 0! I just haven't set up a download link yet on my website

If you want it ASAP, send me an email: ryan@growthstimulustraining.com

I'll send it to those who request it from me for now.

Ryan
    E-mailed!
    Last edited by xuerebx; 06-14-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Originally Posted by Naptime
    If I spread the cycle out for more than 8 days will it effect my progress greatly? I work 4-5 days a week for about 10-14 hours doing manual labor. Mostly low weight, repetitive motion stuff. Anyway, it's hard for me to get into the gym on the 7-8 day schedule. When I get home I'm just exhausted everyday. Or should I simply "suck it up" and stick with the schedule with the theory that I will adapt, eventually making this my norm. Anyone's response is appreciated. Ty."

I would actually recommend you doing a 3 day split, solely to keep your frequency from being too low. I am confident that you would see progress with the regular 4 day split spread too, but I feel better about the 3 day for you.

I know how you feel though, when I worked concrete construction I just forgot about lifting altogether! I lost 25lbs in one summer!
    I realize this is a while after the my initial post, but I'm just now getting back into lifting after taking a break. I never quite understood what you meant by a 3day split. I understand what it means generally but not with respect to this program. Ty
    Abandoned Powerlifting, Weightlifting now!

Squat: 275x5 (High bar, ATG)
    Snatch: 155lb
    CJ: 205lb

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Major,

Check your inbox. I want your email so I can send you Micro 0, an intro to GST.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Ryan, I sent you a (rather long... sorry!) PM a couple of days ago. Did you have a chance to read it?

Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    Ryan, I sent you a (rather long... sorry!) PM a couple of days ago. Did you have a chance to read it?
    Did you get my reply? I asked if you got my email with the eBook training questionnaire. You need to answer those questions and send them back to me

Originally Posted by Naptime View Post
    "Originally Posted by Naptime
    If I spread the cycle out for more than 8 days will it effect my progress greatly? I work 4-5 days a week for about 10-14 hours doing manual labor. Mostly low weight, repetitive motion stuff. Anyway, it's hard for me to get into the gym on the 7-8 day schedule. When I get home I'm just exhausted everyday. Or should I simply "suck it up" and stick with the schedule with the theory that I will adapt, eventually making this my norm. Anyone's response is appreciated. Ty."

I realize this is a while after the my initial post, but I'm just now getting back into lifting after taking a break. I never quite understood what you meant by a 3day split. I understand what it means generally but not with respect to this program. Ty
    I meant that you combine two of the GST workouts and therefore turn the 4 day split into a 3 day split. Maybe I should say 'three workout' split

Have you started the program yet?

Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50) Naptime will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I meant that you combine two of the GST workouts and therefore turn the 4 day split into a 3 day split. Maybe I should say 'three workout' split

Have you started the program yet?
    I've been casually following the workouts as I acclimate my muscles back to weights but I haven't followed any set "week". Which two should I combine? Ty

I've been casually following the workouts as I acclimate my muscles back to weights but I haven't followed any set "week". Which two should I combine? Ty
    Can I send a copy of Micro 0 to your email? You'll be able to have a guide to getting back into GST properly. All I need if your email address or you can email me at the address in my signature.

It is common to combine Lift and Pull btw.

woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) woldy82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    emailed!

Originally Posted by woldy82 View Post
    emailed!
    Micro 0 DELIVERED!

Meal Idea

500 cals
    Primary Protein Source - Chicken breast
    Primary Carb Source - Popcorn
    Primary Fat Source - Light Mayo, Cheese

The prep for this meal was simple. This is a great tasting meal that is 500 calories, which works out very well for me at this current calorie level.

Step 1: Cut up your pre-grilled chicken. Cut the chicken into a bowl on your scale, stop when you've hit your desired amount of the hen.

Step 2: Add your desired amount of Light Mayo. I used 100 calories worth in true PSNA style.

Step 3: Drop in some cheese, a blend is what I prefer. I used 100 calories worth, again, PSNA stylin!

Step 4: Microwave it all for 60 seconds and stir it up.

Here is the popcorn that I used, again, 100 calories worth, as I only want 1 serving of carbs.

Final product: 500 calories of good tasting food.

If anyone tries it, let me know!

Can I send a copy of Micro 0 to your email? You'll be able to have a guide to getting back into GST properly. All I need if your email address or you can email me at the address in my signature.

It is common to combine Lift and Pull btw.
    pm'd ya with my email

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've just read Micro 0. Good stuff Ryan, that's a pretty good introduction to GST which incorporates everything you need to start the program, at least for the first micro.

I also like the journal build-up. Nice touch.

I've been trying to come up with a journal on excel myself, but it's a bit difficult because there is a lot of information. I can fit it on two pages, one page showing the rep and set scheme, and the other page showing the weight lifted. Then I can enter the reps in pen when I print it.

Although I like your pen-journal approach. I might buy a journal and follow your way.
    Last edited by xuerebx; 06-15-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    I've just read Micro 0. Good stuff Ryan, that's a pretty good introduction to GST which incorporates everything you need to start the program, at least for the first micro.

I've been trying to come up with a journal on excel myself, but it's a bit difficult because there is a lot of information. I can fit it on two pages, one page showing the rep and set scheme, and the other page showing the weight lifted. Then I can enter the reps in pen when I print it.

Although I like your pen-journal approach. I might buy a journal and follow your way.

The core lifts are actually a formula, so you enter the 1RM in the big square and it works out the weight to be lifted for each micro depending on the intensity of the micro. You can also set it to be rounded down/up automatically.
    You've got a Private Message from me.

pm'd ya with my email
    You've got mail!

Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post

Thanks Glad you liked the new write up! It's really the perfect way to get your 1RM testing in, along with establishing a set of supplement lift base numbers to build off of for the subsequent set/rep schemes. Micro 0 is really a nice supplement, even for veterans who want to do a little 'reboot.'

Thanks again,

Ryan

chawkins2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    loving your program man, it really works.

Originally Posted by chawkins2001 View Post
    loving your program man, it really works.
    Not to sound like cocky, but as long as you are willing to learn it, use it well, and stick to it over time, GST is gonna become one of your favorite staple programs!

I appreciate you taking the time to write your post and compliment my program. Have you requested your free copy of Micro 0 yet? See my signature if you haven't.

Thanks again,

Ryan

nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nightwolf2369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wanted to post in here saying that I started this program today and looking forward to seeing the results after four weeks.
    Proteins:
    Muscle Milk, ON Whey, and ON Casein

Pre-workouts:
    MP Assault and CL White Flood

Intra-workouts:
    Scivation Xtend, and CL Purple Wraath

Creatine:
    CL Green Mag, and Mono

Others:
    CL Orange Triad, and Omega-3 fish oil

Originally Posted by nightwolf2369 View Post
    Just wanted to post in here saying that I started this program today and looking forward to seeing the results after four weeks.
    Thanks for starting up GST Wolf. Keep in mind that one of the necessary mindsets for GST success is the ability to use the program over a long period of time. You'll want to shoot for a good 6 month run at the least. Ask around and you'll find that people have made some serious changes by sticking to the plan for 12 months or more. GST really thrives on long term usage, take advantage of it.

Closed Thread
Page 272 of 340 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 ... LastLast