Closed Thread
Page 149 of 340 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 10198
    tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tfielder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hardrock7 View Post
    Anyone running the 3 day split, if so what days did you combine? Thinking about giving it a try.
    I too was advised to combine Lift/Pull

Press, Squat, Lift/Pull

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    Hit 170x4 on my incline BB press today which puts my new max around 185. My spotter was touching the bar on the last rep but I think he was barely touching it and I had it just fine anyway because I got about half of a 5th rep. That's the negative to having random people in the gym spot you . Either way it's an increase of 10-15 lbs in two macros. I'm eager to see what my flat bench is at now. Weighed in at 169 at the gym today. That means I'm probably around 164-165 in the morning which means I have gained about 3-4lbs in about a month and a half which is good rate, I believe.
    Nice work on that bench. The thing with spotters is you basically have to tell them to let you fail before lending a hand. Tell them not to touch the bar until you yell at them to grab it.

Your rate of weight gain is perfect. That would be about 1/2lb per week, which is going to be primarily muscle. Nice job!

Originally Posted by kevinhurst26 View Post
    I'm new to everything here including "training" and not just working out. So just call me the FNG (F$@king New Guy) I was brain washed in the Navy to "workout" and be thin and be in shape. Any guy that was semi serious into working out and had size was concidered obesed (by their standards) and even seen a few kicked out. Now that I'm out I'm trying to actually put on some size.

Absolutely love all the comments and support GST and this forum gives! I did my first real serious session last night and really pushed myself. I can feel a major difference from my usual gym workouts! Blew my mind! Let me know if you think I'm on the right track or way off. Over weight, under weight, etc...All comments good and bad will be much appriciated. Thanks!!

Week One - Day One
    Squat Training

10 mins on treadmill @ 3.5 mph

Jump Squats
    BW X 6
    BW X 6

Back Squats
    WU 135
    WU 225
    225 x 8
    225 x 8
    225 x 18

Leg Press (Low and Close)
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    295 x 10
    295 x 10
    295 x 10

DB Lunges
    BW X 3

Overall the workout felt good, but I couldn't finish the lunges. My quads were smoked! Sore today but in the good way!
    Thanks for the workout description. I know this post is irrelevant right now, because you've sinced picked up the book and read through your program design from me, but you did well nonetheless.

Thanks again Kevin!

Originally Posted by desolati0n View Post
    Pretty happy with my workout today. It was my 4th micro for chest. I think I've definitely pushed well past my old 1RM of 205 on bench press.

I didn't post last weeks chest workout but here's how the core lift went on that:

Flat BB bench press 80% (165):

bar x 20 WU
    95 x 10 WU
    135 x 10 WU
    155 x 5 WU
    165 x 11 amrap (I did 12 but the random guy I had spotting me decided to put his finger on the bar so I'm not exactly sure how much he was actually helping)
    165 x 3
    165 x 3

Todays workout:

90%

Flat BB bench press:

bar x 20 WU
    95 x 10 WU
    115 x 10 WU
    145 x 5 WU
    165 x 3 WU
    185 x 8 amrap
    185 x 2
    185 x 2

Earlier in the morning I had even went to physical therapy (for my rotator cuff, it's not painful but my shoulders pop a lot when doing overhead press) and they had me do some shoulder and back workouts so I might have even been able to do more if it weren't for that.

I think I'm going to deload next week since I haven't deloaded from my chest workouts for awhile now and then after I'll be bumping my 1RM for bench press up to 225 from 205
    Yep, you're definitely up past 205 now. 225 is a great spot to bump it to, congrats on the increase! Smart move on the deload as well. If you're thinking of deloading, that is usually a sign that you should.

Originally Posted by tmaltbie View Post
    What is SLDL? Sumo Lift something something. And I've never done anything but conventional deadlifts before, so is there a video of proper form?
    SLDL is straight leg deadlift. RDL is romanian deadlift. I don't recommend straight leg deadlifts, but I do recommend romanian deadlifts. Here is a video of the RDL:

In anticipation of my Press Training day this friday, where would be a decent place to figure for my 60% 1RM?I have not performed a Incline BB Press much at all in my workout past. I think the other week I did Incline DB Press w/ 50 or 55 lbs. My flat bench BB press 1RM is approx ~160-170, if that helps.
    You need to follow the 1RM calculation procedure for GST. You can estimate without proper procedure if you'd like, but the program will work faster if you have a clear idea of where to start.

If I was going to go strictly off your current information, I'd say 120lbs would be a good place to set your incline 1RM.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by beefcake66 View Post
    So I've lurked this thread a couple times over the past few months, and I'm curious as to what sort of results people are getting out of it??

I didn't read the whole thread, but I get the concept (read/skimmed the first few pages).
    First month my weight stayed the same 220-222ish. I gained 20lb on my squat 330-350 and .5inch on my thighs. I am expecting a pretty big increase in my dead, like 30lb if the calculations are right from last week. Seems like a great routine so far.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tfielder View Post
    During my 2nd set of Lunges, my right hip flexor said "FK IT!" I kept going and finished the workout but when Front Squats came around, I decided to lower the weight after the first set. It was hurting bad last night; but, feels a little better this morning. Anyone have experience with this that can offer healing advice and/or preventative for reoccurance?
    Order a foam roller off of eBay and use it. Make sure it is roughly 36 inches long and of medium density. Also, there are vids floating around on youtube which show some quality hip flexor, glute, hamstring, quad, piriformis, and calf stretches. Study the vids and perform each stretch 2-3 times for 30 second holds each time.

Originally Posted by NArcher View Post
    I'm new to bodybuilding.com and I've been working out on the P90 for a while and am ready to move back to heavy lifting. I really like the layout of the GST program and will be using it this week. What do you think of my layout for the first week:
    Monday:
    Core Press:
    Incline Barbell Bench Press (Wide Grip) 2x8, 1x8-AMRAP
    Supplement Press:
    Overhead DB Press 3-4x8-10
    Decline DB Press 3-4x8-10
    Ditch the wide grip on the bench press. Go with a medium grip.

Tuesday:
    Active Rest
    Forearms
    30-40min interval cardio
    Are you staying conditioned for athletic burst performance? If not, intervals are not necessary and may lead to CNS fatigue when coupled with the intense weight training sessions of GST.

Wednesday:
    Core Squat:
    Back BB Squat 2x8, 1x8-AMRAP
    Supplement Squat:
    Bulgarian Split Squat 3-4x8-10
    Walking DB Lunge 3-4x8-10
    Consider using front squats in place of the lunges or split squats. Just a suggestion, as many people have seen tremendous leg growth from using two types of squats.

Thursday:
    Active Rest
    Abs
    Calves
    15-30min light cardio

Friday:
    Core Pull:
    Bent-Over BB Row 2x8, 1x8-AMRAP
    Supplement Pull:
    Medium Grip Lat Pulldown 3-4x8-10
    Close Grip Seated Cable Row 3-4x8-10

Saturday:
    Core Lift:
    Convensional BB Deadlift 2x8, 1x8-AMRAP
    Supplement Lift:
    BB Good Morning 3-4x8-10
    Cable Pull Through 3-4x8-10
    Calves

Sunday:
    Active Rest
    Full Body Complex (No More Than ¼ Bodyweight)
    Forearms
    Stretch After Cardio
    15-30min Light Cardio

Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks
    See Bold.

I think things look great for your first time putting together a GST setup! Really nice work.

Report on my first 3 days of GST...

Squat
    BB Back Squat
    170x8, 170x8, 170x13
    Hack Squat
    85x8, 85x8, 85x8
    BB Lunge
    75x8, 75x8, 75x8

Pull
    Pullups
    8x8x8 (assisted)
    Flat Bench DB Row
    45x10, 45x10, 45x10
    Seated Cable Row (close)
    100x10, 85x10, 85x10
    If you went assisted, then you didn't use enough assistance for your pullups. You want to get more than 8 on your Micro 1 AMRAP.

Lift
    Deadlift
    200x8, 200x8, 200x15
    Good Morning BB
    85x8, 85x8, 85x8
    Stiff Legged Deadlift
    95x8, 95x8, 95x8
    I recommend Romanian deadlifts over stiff. RDLs will hit the hams and glutes harder, while saving the lower back from too much direct stress.

I did a 4 part kettle bell ab workout on the Squat & Pull days and will again tomorrow on my Press day. Some of the weights might be a little low like on the Good Morning and SLDL because I have never performed those before; I tried low weights to make sure I had form and could do all the sets/reps for first cycle.
    Smart training. I like that.

GST is fun, I love these compound exercises like the ones I had in SS. I'm so freaking sore all over the place-- it feels great! haha
    See Bold.

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I've lurked this thread a couple times over the past few months, and I'm curious as to what sort of results people are getting out of it??

I didn't read the whole thread, but I get the concept (read/skimmed the first few pages).
    Results are positive and the author of the routine stays up-to-date with this thread.

BTW......you cant join because your biceps are bigger than mine!.......nice avatar........welcome aboard.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ryan

Just a quick update on the diet. I am hammering out the goals that you set for me and am down to 179 pounds. Have almost not cheated at all over the last weeks. Should I stay the course or adjust (the diet set up for me was for me at 185 and 14%)?

Welcome Back!
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Originally Posted by william9000 View Post
    So Should I be using Wide grip instead?
    No.

Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Yesterday
    Macro 3 Chinups/Pulls #1
    Chins - 3rd set was a set of 10 at BW which is a personal record for me. Two months ago I could only do 4 on the third set. I was 10 pounds heavier but still.
    Can't complain about that pullup strength progression! You need to start adding weight now, ok?

Originally Posted by abalenger View Post
    I am starting this program on monday. Regarding progression, how much should I increase in weight for core lifts after the first macro? 5-10lbs, or more? Also what about the progression for the supplement lifts? I read through the posts and didnt see this, but I probably missed it. Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't believe you own the eBook, which would be a good thing for you to consider owning. The book will tell you all you need to know

You want to use the average of your 3rd and 4th micro 1RMs to figure your new 1RM.

Supplement lifts progress on a set guideline as well. I have a feeling that most people move up when they feel ready, but there is a guideline in the book as well. Simply make progressions when you are ready. If you are hitting the majority of your reps with one weight, move up 5-10 pounds the next time to use that same supplement lift for the same amount of sets and reps.

Always reaching failure on your supplement lifts is also a mistake, keep that in mind. Save the 'balls to the wall' mentality for your core lifts.

My first GST Press Day!

Incline BB Press
    8 x 95
    8 x 105
    8 x 95 (shouldn't have increased it on set #2, failed at getting more than 8 )

Dips
    8 x BW
    8 x -45
    8 x -55
    8 x -65

Flat BB Press
    40 x 7
    40 x 6
    40 x 5

4 part kettle bell ab workout.

WHEW! First cycle was awesome, im pumped for monday!
    I'm noticing that you went too heavy on some lifts. Your core 1RM should be 120lbs, putting you around 80lbs for your micro 1 core sets. You also didn't get enough reps on your flat BB pressing supplement sets. Remember, choose a weight that lands you within the desired rep range!

Originally Posted by damirk View Post
    Just wanted to chime in for a sec. I did some cardio this morning and then some foam rolling/stretching. For those of you that have not tried the foam roller, i highly suggest you give it a shot. The new gym i joined has one and i started using it recently and let me tell you, its almost a workout in itself. Stretching different body parts on the damn thing is actually challenging. Trying to stay balanced while focusing on rolling out different muscles actually had me breaking a sweat lol. Its a good tool to add to your program if you havent already done so.
    Great 'advices!'

I was actually just shopping for one (foam roller) just now amazon has black ones for $18 any recommendation from someone who has used one as to length?
    36 inches is the best length IMO.

Ryan

Just a quick update on the diet. I am hammering out the goals that you set for me and am down to 179 pounds. Have almost not cheated at all over the last weeks. Should I stay the course or adjust (the diet set up for me was for me at 185 and 14%)?

Welcome Back!
    Until the current setup stops working, we stick with it. You need to stall for 2-3 weeks before implementing adjustments.

Always happy to hear about positive results from a client, so thanks so much for sharing!

Post Vegas Progress

I kept diet in mind during the trip by eating my regular breakfast foods and not pigging out when eating out. I think it worked, as I see no negative progression. I actually see progress from week 8 to week 9.

Originally Posted by screwedgenetics View Post
    I was thinking that maybe that was the issue. I did take a 3 minute break after my last WU set. I will try and do less WU maybe 4 next time. Thanks
    Something along these general lines will work:

45 by 10
    95 by 6
    135 by 3
    175 by 1-2
    215 by 1-2
    230 by 1 (Optional)
    240 by Working Set 1, 2, 3

Originally Posted by Ghioben View Post
    Subbed!

Just started following your workout plan brah.

(still working on backreading from page 4 onwards tho. i'll try to catch up! )
    You're never going to get through this thread, lol, it grows as you read it......seriously. Save yourself the time and frustration by picking up a copy of the eBook. You'll get a program designed for you with your copy, so you're all taken care. Something to consider!

Thanks for the GST join up! I appreciate it.

Macro 3 Micro 1 Deadlifts
    See my journal for full workout details.........currently eating oatmeal, 6 egg white ham and cheese ommy, and a banana with peanut butter!
    See this everybody?! Not all nutrition plans have to be boring and tasteless.

Macro 3 - Press #2

Core Lift - Bench Press @70% 1RM
    6x195
    6x195
    12x195 AMRAP

Supps were Incline BP, DB Presses, Tricep Pressdowns and Decline Crunches

Notes: About one hour exactly. Last Macro at 195 pounds on the Bench, my amrap was 14 reps at a bodyweight of 187. Today I am at a bodyweight of 179, so the -2 reps is expected. Incline was 10 pounds lighter than last month with the same reps. The DB Presses were damn sweet! I'm a swole up animal right now. Still melting and holding strength!

Full Journal at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post554167523

NArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up ebook

Where can I get a copy of the ebook? Also you said that it comes with a diet plan that tailors to the individual's goals? I need to get this book. Thanks for lookin at my plan. I think this program is really working for me.

william9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) william9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where can I get a copy of the ebook? Also you said that it comes with a diet plan that tailors to the individual's goals? I need to get this book. Thanks for lookin at my plan. I think this program is really working for me.
    http://www.2020-wellness.com/

worth every penny
    My GST Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=547852463

See below

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Champ,

Awesome news about that bodyfat percentage! Being ripped is an awesome experience. You feel so good when you're in the gym and you can see your muscles moving and working. Its worth the struggle of the cut, completely.

This is the information that I send out to those who request it:

I am a resource for this type of info, and I've helped many people out in this area. Here is the rundown of my approach to nutrition, which is a nutrition template.

I provide you with:
    1. Lists of foods broken down by macronutrient category (protein, carbs, fats).
    2. Amounts of those foods that make up a serving, and how many servings to eat of each macro type.
    3. The macro categories each meal is composed of and when to eat that meal.
    4. Daily plan for on and off days.
    5. Supplement advice and recommendations if requested.

This template is designed to be a tool to help you learn how to eat properly for your particular goal. It can provide you with very simple meals or more complex meals, based on how you want to use it. There are many food choices to compose meals from, making it realistic to follow. It can be custom tailored to suit your available and preferred foods as well.

If you go to my website(www.2020-wellness.com) and look at the results page as well as the homepage, you'll get an idea of the kind of changes people can make when a nutritional template and a proper training program is followed. Nutrition makes the difference between results and excellent results. You are not getting the most out of your gym time if you are not eating right, period. I allow for plenty of Q&A about the plan. I don't believe in plans that don't allow you to speak with the creator of those plans.

My template costs less than a tank of gas, and it is based around you(this is absolutely untouchable in terms of pricing if you search around). If you are interested in a template, I'll need to ask you a few questions so I can properly set up your plan. This is a not a cookie cutter type of plan, each persons plan is different, especially after the custom food additions you can request.

I, along with other clients view their plan as an investment that they can learn from and use for years to come. It helps you learn about serving sizes, how to place your macronutrients throughout your day, and it helps you understand how to eat. I like to think of it as a nutritional tool, rather than a one time use plan. I will help you learn and use concepts that you will use for the rest of your life. As long as you stay active, you'll use the concepts behind this plan in your life.

I don't think there is too much more to say about the plan, so there you have it!

Just so you know, I offer a discount to anyone that has purchased the eBook.

I can tell you that people are very happy with their nutrition plans, as they become a tool that they use far into the future. I provide follow up service and advice with your purchase, which you normally won't see these days without an extra fee. Your ability to contact me for follow up questions and advice is complimentary, as well as the addition of your custom foods (within reason of course.....I've had people request pizza and ice cream, haha).

That should about do it Champ. Any specific questions, let me know.

Pm'd! www.2020-wellness.com/gst for a direct link to the GST site.

NArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for postin that up Champ. I'm going to look at his website tonight.

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Results are positive and the author of the routine stays up-to-date with this thread.

BTW......you cant join because your biceps are bigger than mine!.......nice avatar........welcome aboard.
    LMFAO... They're only 11 inches

I'll check it out, so far what I'm doin now hasn't failed me but it's almost time for a change up!

First month my weight stayed the same 220-222ish. I gained 20lb on my squat 330-350 and .5inch on my thighs. I am expecting a pretty big increase in my dead, like 30lb if the calculations are right from last week. Seems like a great routine so far.
    thanks for that reply!
    Were you watching your diet and stuff (countin cals?)?

Does anyone else have similar results...?
    Last edited by beefcake66; 09-29-2010 at 04:11 AM.
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481

LMFAO... They're only 11 inches

I'll check it out, so far what I'm doin now hasn't failed me but it's almost time for a change up!

thanks for that reply!

Does anyone else have similar results...?
    Search the forum for GST. You'll find pages of results and journals. Also, check the testimonials page at www.2020-wellness.com/gst for some participant write ups.

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Search the forum for GST. You'll find pages of results and journals. Also, check the testimonials page at www.2020-wellness.com/gst for some participant write ups.
    I checked out the testimonials on the site, but I'm more looking for numbers... like the timeframe, the gains of size/strength/weight, and bare diet info.

I'll go check out the forum now

Thanks!
    BluePrint Believer!

I checked out the testimonials on the site, but I'm more looking for numbers... like the timeframe, the gains of size/strength/weight, and bare diet info.

Thanks!
    The forum will be your best bet then. The bottom line is that the program has impressed everyone who has used it, and that isn't a bull**** statement either.

The systematic core lift progressions, wise exercise selections, varying target rep/set schemes for the supplement lifts, live and always running support network, and my care and concern for all GST participants make this program special and worthwhile.

I'm relentless when it comes to making people see results on this program, you can count on that.

screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) screwedgenetics has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=beefcake66;554396113]thanks for that reply!
    [QUOTE]

I am counting calories. My calorie goal everyday is 4100(500 above maintenance) calories so I have to eat some junk food(pizza) to reach that number, making it a dirty bulk.

The forum will be your best bet then. The bottom line is that the program has impressed everyone who has used it, and that isn't a bull**** statement either.

The systematic core lift progressions, wise exercise selections, varying target rep/set schemes for the supplement lifts, live and always running support network, and my care and concern for all GST participants make this program special and worthwhile.

I'm relentless when it comes to making people see results on this program, you can count on that.
    I'm following my own take of HST training at the moment (which was actually an accident... I just made up what I wanted to do). 3 days on, 1 day off, repeat. Have it split legs, chest & shoulders, then back (with deads). Low volume (only 1-2 working sets). So I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week and I like that (and I do believe I'm seeing results). I'm also on a big cut (nearly 1000 cal deficit).

I'm planning to bulk as soon as I get to my goal BF% (or minimum weight I'll allow myself to be). Not a hardgainer (but I do lack testosterone haha).

Think this would work well for me?
    Many women on your program?

I am counting calories. My calorie goal everyday is 4100(500 above maintenance) calories so I have to eat some junk food(pizza) to reach that number, making it a dirty bulk.
    Ahh, a calorie is a calorie

And you're gaining weight fine now, since that first month? Or just recomping do you think??
    BluePrint Believer!

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks!
    Here are my One Rep Max numbers

Squats
    225 Start GST
    250 End of 1st Macro
    262 End of 2nd Macro
    270 End of 3rd Macro
    287 End of 4th Macro
    295 End of 5th Macro
    310 End of 6th Macro

Deadlifts
    245 Start GST
    275 End of 1st Macro
    294 End of 2nd Macro
    305 End of 3rd Macro
    320 End of 4th Macro
    325 End of 5th Macro
    340 End of 6th Macro

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    150 End of 2nd Macro
    172 End of 3rd Macro
    187 End of 4th Macro
    196 End of 5th Macro
    205 End of 6th Macro

Flat Bench
    215 Start of 4th Macro
    230 End of 4th Macro
    235 End of 5th Macro
    240 End of 6th Macro

Here is my journal in case you want a look.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122342291

I have more definition all over and I have put on about 15lbs. A lot of that is fat and my definition has increased. The confidence this program gives you is just as valuable as the increased strength and size. I havent gotten bored with it yet after 7 months. Still look forward to every training day.
    Go Fishin'. The Fish Shall Provide.
    -------------------------------

Lakrits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any other Swedes here on this forum?

Originally Posted by kilgoreklink View Post
    Here are my One Rep Max numbers

Here is my journal in case you want a look.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122342291

I have more definition all over and I have put on about 15lbs. A lot of that is fat and my definition has increased. The confidence this program gives you is just as valuable as the increased strength and size. I havent gotten bored with it yet after 7 months. Still look forward to every training day.
    Thanks a ton, I'll check out your journal.
    Pretty good progress for 7 months..!
    BluePrint Believer!

Thanks a ton, I'll check out your journal.
    Pretty good progress for 7 months..!
    As for cutting on GST. I started at 195 pounds and am at 178 as of this morning. All numbers over the last three months are in my journal. You can see how I have added weight to certain lifts, while merley holding strength in others.

Seeing that you are posting your bodyweight progression in your signature line, the info in my journal may interest you.

As for cutting on GST. I started at 195 pounds and am at 178 as of this morning. All numbers over the last three months are in my journal. You can see how I have added weight to certain lifts, while merley holding strength in others.

Seeing that you are posting your bodyweight progression in your signature line, the info in my journal may interest you.
    Thanks for the info, your log is now also on my list of things to check
    BluePrint Believer!

Originally Posted by realworksuks View Post
    I am going to start this program for the first time starting tomorrow. I am not sure if i should just estimate my one rep max off what I think I could do, or take the first week and use the method you laid out to attempt to find my one rep max first...

Some of the lifts I have not done in a long time or not at all, like rack deadlifts, and standing braced rows. Here is my program, please critique if I have redundant exercises...
    Guessing on your 1RM numbers isn't the best way to go. If you want to commit to the program, you should follow the guidelines of the program in all honesty.

DAY 1
    Squat Compound Exercise Selection:
    BB Back Box Squat (Wide, Medium, or Narrow Stance)
    165 for 8 1st week
    188 for 6 2nd week
    213 for 4 3rd week
    238 for 1 4th week

Squat Training Supplement Lift Selection
    Walking BB Lunge
    Single Leg Press

DAY 2
    Pull Compound Exercise Selection:
    Self Braced Standing DB Row
    65 for 8 1st week
    75 for 6
    80 for 4
    90 for 1

Pull Training Supplement Lift Selection
    Rack Pull Up
    Medium Grip Seated Cable Row

DAY 3
    Lift Compound Exercise Selection:
    Rack BB Deadlift from Just Below the Knee
    188 by 8
    218 by 6
    247 by 4
    276 by 1

Lift Training Supplement Lift Selection
    BB Good Morning
    Glute Ham Raise w/o Pushup Assistance

DAY 4
    Press Compound Exercise Selection:
    Incline BB Press
    *estimated 1RM of 190?

Press Training Supplement Lift Selection
    Flat DB Press
    BB Push Press
    See bold. Your program looks like a great bare bones GST setup, no doubt about that. Exercise selection that you've chosen is solid, and you have a grasp on how the program works.

Great first post!

Macro 1 micro 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core Squat

WU 45x10, 135x6, 225x4

WS 300x5
    WS 300x2
    WS 300x4 *I wanted to. Increase of 1 rep max of 20lb from start of the program using the 300x5. 330-350 and my weight is the same 220 from start to finish.

Supp 1 FS

WS 115x16
    WS 115x16
    WS 115x16 * up 1 rep across from previous time. Felt nice to get a gain

Supp 2 Leg Press

WS 360x20
    WS 360x20
    WS 360x20

* This was really hard and also increase all across. I am planning on upping the weight and lowering reps but not sure of what weight. Maybe start out 405x15 and work up reps.
    Why increase the weight so much? I'd just move up to 370 or 380 and get what you can get for reps, 20 being the max and 15 being the minimum.

ABS Oblique Crunch 45x20x2 *gonna up to 50 and do 20 next week

Leg raise BWx15x1 I was too tired at this point so just did some foam roller, stretched and went home.
    You coulda squeezed out another set of leg raises, you know you coulda!
    See Bold.

When I first started GST about 3 weeks ago I was intimidated by the deadlift and honestly had neglected it entirely. I studied videos of Ryans on youtube repeatedly and read Starting Strength by Ripptoe and gave it a go. At the beginning of this Macro (my First) my max deadlift was generously 125lbs. Today was Lift/Pull Day of my third micro. I know we are not supposed to base our next macro on this evaluation but my AMRAP Set for Dead lift was 100lbs*11REps of good form plus 1 of so-so form. By my calculations this would be a 1RM of 136lbs. Nothing spectacular for most but an 11lb increase in three weeks!! I am ecstactic! GST at work here!Just thought I would share
    Awesome news! The deadlift is definitely something to get good at. It adds overall thickness and strength to your body. Don't let it slip out of your program and you'll see continuing progress from it.

Originally Posted by ranthal View Post
    Hey everyone, been less active posting recently but I'm near the end of my 4th macro and wanted to get Ryan and everyone else's opinion on a couple things.

First off, weight progression on core lifts. This is the 1st macro where I am cutting and calories have been reduced and diet mediocre because I'm still adjusting to the grad student schedule. As you might expect my numbers have not been as awesome as when I was in a calorie surplus. So here it is, instead of recalculating 1RM numbers each macro what about just adding 5-10 lbs each macro on my core lifts? I'd porbably do the increase as 2.5% of my 1RM, kind of 5x5 style. An example of why I think this should work is that based on my micro 3 squat my 1RM would be 285 but today I hit 295 twice so some days are good, others not so much, but I think given 2 more macros I can hit the end of my bulk numbers. I'm especially interested to hear from people who have cut on GST and noticed a decrease in strength to hear how they handled it.
    After a 6-8 weeks of cutting, you're going to start hoping to simply maintain or drop your strength levels as little as possible. Training with strength gains in mind while cutting for an extended period of time is just a wrong way of thinking. I think if you keep trying to add weight with each new macro, you'll start feeling run down. I'd use the established method that you normally use with GST. Even if you just have a bad day, its still reflecting your strength levels while cutting. Its not really a bad day, its the fact that you're in a deficit and can't expect to move more weight while in that deficit.

The other thing is varying the supplement lifts. I've been bouncing between gyms lately because my schedule is pretty hectic. Sometimes I'll lift on campus, other times closer to my apartment. Since the equipment isn't as consistent I'll sometimes do a variation on which supplement lift I use. For instance, a Seated BB Press instead of the BB Push Press. This probably isn't ideal, but given the situation how would you handle it?
    Try and track everything the best you can and progress when you're on the same machines for the same set/rep scheme. There is really no way to make it perfect. The only way to make it perfect would be to lift at only one gym

So I have class in 20 minutes (first class since I graduated 2 years ago, yikes!) and I feel like there's more details I could add but I'll do that as people respond.

Still loving GST and any time I do the squat workout I make new friends because serious lifters can tell I'm damn serious myself.
    Gotta love the unsaid bond between people who are training, not just working out.
    See Bold.

Originally Posted by whiskey55 View Post
    About to commit to this program, been slowly bulking for a while and I'm excited to try something new and get better gains!

I've decided to start with Pulls, just have a couple of questions on this (sorry if they've already been asked before, wasn't able to find answers):

1. I want to use Chin Ups as my core lift, how do I adjust the % of my 1RM from week to week?
    If you can currently do 12 or so chin ups, then you need to find your 1RM on them just like any other lift. Add weight with a dip belt or a dumbbell behind the knee. If your numbers set you below bodyweight, use an assisted chin machine, a resistance band looped around the handles and under your feet or knees, or use a bench and push yourself up a bit with one leg.

2. The recommended primer for Pull day was "Medicine Ball Slams", I looked it up on YouTube to get the general motion. Any tips on what weight to use, or what my stance should be like? What muscles am I trying to target with this (or, how much should i be using my back? my arms? and my legs?)?
    Can you post the vid you're looking at?

Thanks!
    See Bold. Glad to have you around btw!

Originally Posted by Lakrits View Post
    Any other Swedes here on this forum?
    I don't think there have been any books sent to Sweden. Plenty sent around the globe, but nothing directly to Sweden. That doesn't mean nobody from Sweden is on the program. They could be using the program without buying the book.

NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoginCF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6272873&page=2

2nd macro 3rd micro

Amrap weightxreps (this macro - previous macro):
    benchpress 47.5x8 - 45x10
    squats 72.5x11 - 67,5x9
    rows 45x10 - 40x12
    deadlift 76x15 - 72x13

Good progress on squats/deadlift, not so awesome on bench/rows. Interesting to see how much I'll bench tommorow

weight is in kg before you think I'm even weaker
    ★☆★★☆ tmiscplace2 crew ★☆★★☆
    Always pick 4 crew
    ☆★★☆ BELGIUM WILL CRUSH USA 1/07/2014 NEVER FORGET ☆★★☆

2k+

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Closed Thread
Page 149 of 340 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast