Thread: Kool-Aid

scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Kool-Aid

Alright this may sound like an out there question but it may have some truth behind it because the friend i heard it from seems to know what hes talkin about and hes got a pretty sick body so ya anyway the guy told Kool-Aid is good post workout, he said you really should have ______ (i forget what he said) but if you dont kool aid would work too. Is there any truth to this or (we were smokin at the time) was my friend just high? lol....I got some protein for christmas and if this is true i plan on drinkin a shake pre workout and a glass of koolaid post.

P.S. my goals are to lose weight and maintain muscle.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scs787 View Post
    Alright this may sound like an out there question but it may have some truth behind it because the friend i heard it from seems to know what hes talkin about and hes got a pretty sick body so ya anyway the guy told Kool-Aid is good post workout, he said you really should have ______ (i forget what he said) but if you dont kool aid would work too. Is there any truth to this or (we were smokin at the time) was my friend just high? lol....I got some protein for christmas and if this is true i plan on drinkin a shake pre workout and a glass of koolaid post.

P.S. my goals are to lose weight and maintain muscle.
    It's high on the glycemic index so there is benefit to drinking sugar water right after a workout.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scs787 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    It's high on the glycemic index so there is benefit to drinking sugar water right after a workout.
    thanks bro didnt wanna be drinking it if didnt have a purpose, say i dont have kool aid how much of a sugar to water mix would you reccommend

ha i used to look just like that dude till i started playin rugby.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "Post Workout Carbs

Yeah yeah yeah. "Carbs are bad! Carbs are the devil! I am scared to death of carbs! Get them away from me!!" Settle down. First of all, they aren't so bad. Secondly, after your workout they are actually an extremely important part of your post workout nutrition. Carbs will be used by your body to restore muscle glycogen. If your post workout meal doesn't contain carbs, your body may actually instead break down muscle tissue for this same purpose. That would be a bad thing. Carbs also create an insulin spike which helps to move nutrients into your muscle tissue quicker.

So, now that you know you need them after a workout, what kind do you need? Well, you know all about good carbs and bad carbs by now, right? Funny enough, this is actually the only time when "good carbs" and "bad carbs" switch roles. This doesn't mean start eating cookies, this just means that typical good carbs (whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc) contain fiber, and fiber slows down their digestion. This is actually what makes them "good" any other time of the day. But by now you know the post workout meal is all about speed. And when it comes to speed, simple carbs beat complex carbs.

A food like a baked potato is an okay choice for a carb source after a workout. However, just like protein, whole foods in general aren't really the most ideal choice at this time. This is where a little something called dextrose comes in. Dextrose is not a supplement... it's actually just a type of sugar. I know, I'm basically saying you should eat sugar. While that would be insane any other time of the day, your post workout meal is the one exception.

Along with whey protein, dextrose has also become almost an official choice for a post workout carb. Most people should look to consume somewhere between 0.25-0.4 grams of carbs per pound of their body weight from dextrose (a 175lb person would shoot for between 40-70 grams). I think most people should stick more towards the lower/middle end of their range rather than higher end."

http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

"Post Workout Carbs

Yeah yeah yeah. "Carbs are bad! Carbs are the devil! I am scared to death of carbs! Get them away from me!!" Settle down. First of all, they aren't so bad. Secondly, after your workout they are actually an extremely important part of your post workout nutrition. Carbs will be used by your body to restore muscle glycogen. If your post workout meal doesn't contain carbs, your body may actually instead break down muscle tissue for this same purpose. That would be a bad thing. Carbs also create an insulin spike which helps to move nutrients into your muscle tissue quicker.

So, now that you know you need them after a workout, what kind do you need? Well, you know all about good carbs and bad carbs by now, right? Funny enough, this is actually the only time when "good carbs" and "bad carbs" switch roles. This doesn't mean start eating cookies, this just means that typical good carbs (whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc) contain fiber, and fiber slows down their digestion. This is actually what makes them "good" any other time of the day. But by now you know the post workout meal is all about speed. And when it comes to speed, simple carbs beat complex carbs.

A food like a baked potato is an okay choice for a carb source after a workout. However, just like protein, whole foods in general aren't really the most ideal choice at this time. This is where a little something called dextrose comes in. Dextrose is not a supplement... it's actually just a type of sugar. I know, I'm basically saying you should eat sugar. While that would be insane any other time of the day, your post workout meal is the one exception.

Along with whey protein, dextrose has also become almost an official choice for a post workout carb. Most people should look to consume somewhere between 0.25-0.4 grams of carbs per pound of their body weight from dextrose (a 175lb person would shoot for between 40-70 grams). I think most people should stick more towards the lower/middle end of their range rather than higher end."

great info bro, youre gonne be the first person ive repped on here.... im at 280 right now so i should be around 70 grams, excuse me if this is a stupid question but about how much sugar would that be?

Originally Posted by scs787 View Post
    great info bro, youre gonne be the first person ive repped on here.... im at 280 right now so i should be around 70 grams, excuse me if this is a stupid question but about how much sugar would that be?
    Well, I'd personally try to shoot for about 40grams for my body but it's something you'll need to play around with. Just remember something like gummi worms or bears can be a good option just don't go too crazy with the calories. Some fruit in a protein shake would be a good idea like a banana or two.

Well, I'd personally try to shoot for about 40grams for my body but it's something you'll need to play around with. Just remember something like gummi worms or bears can be a good option just don't go too crazy with the calories. Some fruit in a protein shake would be a good idea like a banana or two.
    Kool aid, sugar water, gummi worms....imma like my post workouts lol......i just need to get me a job so i can start eating right and my goal of getting down to 225 should be simple.

FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL @ the pic

Masias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol at the pic.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

thanks, fellas! 1 glass of kool-aid = you turn into that guy. o-_O