mbaker1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaker1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaker1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbaker1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible to lose BF and maintain/gain strength?

A friend of mine was wondering if it is possible to maintain his strength or even gain some on a lower calorie diet. Is such a thing possible in your experience? Or will he most likely lose strength? is there anything particular he should be doing nutritionally or training to preserve his muscle/strength? I realise this is quite a broad question.

Ur thoughts?
    Matt

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes

Look up leangains/intermittent fasting

Or read Alan Aragon's book Girth Control

BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGOLDDAD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Matt, - I sure hope so because that is what I am trying. I have been critiqued many time about my calorie intake though. I started my program Nov 3rd 2009. I was 245#. I am presently 227#. Went from 32% BF to now 26% BF. I was taking in approximately 2000 cals for my cutting diet. Obviously I lost weight and I made some strength gains. Whenever I post my daily macros and training program I always get feedback that I am not taking in enough calories to assist in my muscle gains. I am starting a new program on Monday the 3rd. I have chosen to increase my caloric intake to 2575 and am going to start the Bill Starr 5 x 5 program.

I guess what I am trying to say is according to everyone who has given me advice. Caloric deficit is important to weight loss but having the proper caloric balance is probably just as important to muscle growth. Be willing to find out what works best for you. This weight loss/muscle building project is a long, long term endeavor so we really do have time to tweak what is best for each of us. Good luck in your goals!!
    BOD-Future Repped Beast!!