nola1287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I lost 80 lbs but I have excess skin

Here's the story. I got a trainer back in March when I originally weighed 265 lbs. Its December and I weigh 185 lbs (Im 6'0 tall also). I have gained a lot of muscle, and I alternate between upper and lower body when I go to the gym (5x a week). Problem is, I have skin on my stomach that I cant get rid of. You might not be able to see it in the pic, but its mainly right above the top of my underwear. You can see the abdominal muscles and feel them, but the layer of skin covering them up just wont budge. It feels/looks like I have abs, but I cant see them because of the skin.

Im not fishing for compliments or anything like that, I just figured I could turn here for some honest advice about my options as far as what to do about the skin. Any ideas?
    Attached Images

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    welcome to the club! that's exactly where i have excess skin too, and i doubt it'll go away any time soon. it happens.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nola1287 View Post
    Here's the story. I got a trainer back in March when I originally weighed 265 lbs. Its December and I weigh 185 lbs (Im 6'0 tall also). I have gained a lot of muscle, and I alternate between upper and lower body when I go to the gym (5x a week). Problem is, I have skin on my stomach that I cant get rid of. You might not be able to see it in the pic, but its mainly right above the top of my underwear. You can see the abdominal muscles and feel them, but the layer of skin covering them up just wont budge. It feels/looks like I have abs, but I cant see them because of the skin.

Im not fishing for compliments or anything like that, I just figured I could turn here for some honest advice about my options as far as what to do about the skin. Any ideas?
    Its not that bad really considering the transformation you did. I would Just keep training try to gain more LBM, over time it will continue to tighten some as well.
    *Muscle-Tech & Vitargo Sponsored*
    - www.ApexDiets.com - Online Personal Training - Designing Customized Workouts, Diets, Meal Plans, Cardio, Core, and Supplement routines with Unlimited Support since 2002
    - Email: Dave@ApexContestPrep.com

RiseRfall22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RiseRfall22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mind asking what you and your trainer did bud? I"m currently at the same weight you used to be (265) and looking to ge tinto the 185 range, istarted my new years resolution early and went back the gym this past monday. Ive beend oing heavy weights but no cardio yet. Please give any info you can. Diet included.

Recovering Broholic demigodMatt's Avatar
    demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000)

I've done the same (270-185) amount of weight that you have only I did it in two years instead of 9 months. Over the past 3-4 months I've noticed the change in the appearance of the squishy fat that I still have. As much as you like to think it is just excess skin, it is actually fat that is left hanging on. My body has adjusted over the past 3 months since I have maintained the same weight although my measurements have changed (waist is smaller, muscles measurements are bigger) and I have noticed the skin/fat area improving. From your pic you look like you have a lot less to work on then I still do. Keep your diet/workout schedule gong and it will likely keep improving.
    What someone should do is write a book called the Dipsh!t Diet. You take a sh!t, & dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped sh!t. If and only if the amount of sh!t you eat doesn't calorically exceed the amount you burn, you will succeed on the diet. - Alan Aragon

Registered User petitpowerhouse's Avatar
    petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on the person but for some it does go away. It doesnt look like a significant problem, I dont notice it from your pic, but I'm sure if you say it's there, it is. I had a bit of extra skin after loosing 60lbs but its 99% gone now. Comes down to genetics. If it really bothers you and doesn't go away, you can get surgery to remove it.
    "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe," - Albert Einstein

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)

Congratulations on your success so far. Back when I was 19 I lost 89lbs in six months and I had more excess skin then you did, your issue is not a drastic problem, I did a clean bulk while the loose skin tighten up within months of a consistent weight training program. Simply put, your going to have to clean bulk then cut down, if you want that loose skin to tighten....
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

hungryandfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to veer off topic, but I started at 280ish and got down to 220 in about 8 months, i am now back in the 240's but plan to get down to 200-205. I was wondering about the excess skin also as well as the stretch marks. from this thread ive picked up on the skin issue, but has anyone had severe stretch marks? anything I can do as I lose weight to help them disappear? Congrats on the loss and thanks for the motivation!

surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10) surefooted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a poster above you said, that's not excess skin covering your abs, that's more fat to burn. It's good news because you just have to keep up what you've been doing.
    Member of the "former 400lbs+ club"

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hungryandfat View Post
    Not to veer off topic, but I started at 280ish and got down to 220 in about 8 months, i am now back in the 240's but plan to get down to 200-205. I was wondering about the excess skin also as well as the stretch marks. from this thread ive picked up on the skin issue, but has anyone had severe stretch marks? anything I can do as I lose weight to help them disappear? Congrats on the loss and thanks for the motivation!
    In one word regarding stretch marks: no. You can't do almost nothing about this. The unique thing that MAYBE helps you is a laser application, but it won't fade totally and will be there forever. From what i see, there is a lot of myths and so on about this. If you are willing to try something, whatever it may be, go for. Be aware however of the results or the lack of them.

Recovering Broholic demigodMatt's Avatar
    demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000) demigodMatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hungryandfat View Post
    I've some stretch marks as well and the leaner I get the less noticeable they become. They just stick out even more this time of year when your tan disappears over winter. Some people use a loofah to scrub the area and lotions to make them go away, but I think it depends on the person and your age if they will change.
    What someone should do is write a book called the Dipsh!t Diet. You take a sh!t, & dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped sh!t. If and only if the amount of sh!t you eat doesn't calorically exceed the amount you burn, you will succeed on the diet. - Alan Aragon

Lecter612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lecter612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It may not be much consolation, but you really look good considering. I've dropped ~160lbs over the last year and a half (and had been obese my whole life) and the amount of looseness in my midsection is really bad, but I'm still trying to bring the BF% down to help that if I can.

Consider this, though - I know that I much prefer having the problems of the loose skin and stretch marks than the problems associated w/ being morbidly obese.

davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000) davidkap is just really nice. (+1000)

well i have went through a similar transformation as you (250 to 175 in 6 months) and i had loose skin all around my midsection, and i still have a little bit left. but i just started bulking and put on about 20 pounds, now the loose skin seems much less noticable. There is not much you can do about loose skin other then try to get you LBM up to fill out your frame, and lowering your body fat some more might help as well.

The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I myself have lost 93lbs over the last 6 or so years, with my weight frequently fluctuating during that time frame, and though I have more weight to lose, I'm trying to battle the approaching problem of loose skin. I've heard some stories of success with non-surgical attempts, and some failures where the individual opted for surgery.

The stories in this thread are helpful, as I have heard multiple times that some loose skin may just be fat that needs to be burned, and that achieving single digit (sub-10%) bodyfat percentage you will more or less rid yourself of the loose skin.

The problem is there is no real collection of peoples success stories or pictures to accompany them. If you continue to try and battle your loose skin, please update and let us know how its working out and what methods you've tried. In fact, if more people in this thread did the same it would be a gold mine for the many people on this board who ask near daily about this subject.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would suggest heavy lifting and compound lifts. Squats and deadlifts. That's the only thing helping a lot with my loose skin right now. It'll help tighten up your core and make the skin less visible. Try and put on some muscle mass on to fill the skin out. Lotions and crap like that usually don't work.