HardcorePowerlifting.com Sean Katterle's Avatar
    Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)

Poster for the Ronnie Coleman Classic's MHP Pro Raw Powerlifting

Yeeeeeeeeeeargh! This is gonna be fierce!
    Attached Images
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle
    http://www.HardcorePowerlifting.com

Check out my new weight lifting BLOG at

http://blogs.ironmanmagazine.com/hardcorepowerlifting/

al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10) al.strongman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice. I would love to see that show.
    The hardest lift that you can ever do is lifting your Ass off the couch.

tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000)
    strong typo on that ad.
    Sponsored noNiPZ athlete.

www.noNiPZ.com

HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pro powerlfting a human mistake

Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Interesting. I'm considering doing this.

Sean, can you explain why the rules are different from a typical meet? Specifically, why are the weight classes different, why shorts and t-shirt instead of a singlet, and why is there no governing federation? Who are the judges going to be?

The whole thing seems like an advertising promotion for MHP and the other sponsors. It seems like the prizes ought to be a lot higher than they are if the lifters are going to be turned into human billboards.
    My workout log as I progress towards a world-class raw powerlifting total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118490371

Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tworedballs View Post
    strong typo on that ad.
    I think it's the font. I did tell the graphic designer to separate the letters a bit more before mailing in the disc so, so thanks for catching that crunch!
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Originally Posted by Blenderate View Post
    Interesting. I'm considering doing this.

Sean, can you explain why the rules are different from a typical meet? Specifically, why are the weight classes different, why shorts and t-shirt instead of a singlet, and why is there no governing federation? Who are the judges going to be?

The whole thing seems like an advertising promotion for MHP and the other sponsors. It seems like the prizes ought to be a lot higher than they are if the lifters are going to be turned into human billboards.
    We're using weight divisions to thicken the competition and to set it up so we're able to pay each 1st place finisher in the max lifts $1,000 cash each.

Shorts and sleeveless t-shirts are a better look for the athletes. That's what they used to compete in in the 1960s anyways. The judges can still properly officiate and (some) of the lifters don't have to be concerned with back hair sticking out, cellulite on their upper hamstrings showing, crotch shots on the bench, ect.

The event is sanctioned by the Hardcore Powerlifting Federation. We're a legally registered promotional company, we're fully insured and we've been running pro shows since 2006 (and working in the industry since 2001.)

The officials for our 2009 show were Jim Voronin (former national champ, a high school coach and part of the Metro Flex Gym family), Donna Lee Delleree (has so much experience in the sport that she judged some of Kazmaier's lifts), Rick McClung (got started in the sport on Doyle Kenady's team and has ran a powerlifting gym and/or contests for over 20 years) and Kenny Dinolfo (4 year college degree in athletic training, has competed in the bench on Comcast Sports Net, football player for Portland State University, WABDL Junior Worlds bench champ and a personal training for almost 10 years.)

The competitors will be supplied with official shorts, socks and an official t-shirt at no additional cost to them. The t-shirt will have MHP's logo on the chest and House Of Pain's logo on the back. The shorts will have House Of Pain's logo on one leg and Nebula's on the other. MHP is paying out $5,000 in cash prizes, House Of Pain's producing the clothing and paying out $500 in gift certs and Nebula's supplying all the equipment for the warm up room and for the platform and they're awarding the overall champion with a $1,200 custom made contest bench. If we didn't represent the three companies who are most making this show happen, then we'd be making a serious promotional error in judgement. It's a win-win-win for all parties involved.

Coming up with $5,500 in cash + $500 in gift certs + a $1,200 custom bench to award isn't easy unless you're independantly wealthy. I'm just gonna assume that you didn't know that.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is Andy Hamman going to be there?

Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post
    Is Andy Hamman going to be there?
    If he lifts at our show, six hundred "pounds" is gonna feel a whole lot heavier than he's used to !
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sean Katterle View Post
    We're using weight divisions to thicken the competition and to set it up so we're able to pay each 1st place finisher in the max lifts $1,000 cash each.

Shorts and sleeveless t-shirts are a better look for the athletes. That's what they used to compete in in the 1960s anyways. The judges can still properly officiate and (some) of the lifters don't have to be concerned with back hair sticking out, cellulite on their upper hamstrings showing, crotch shots on the bench, ect.

The event is sanctioned by the Hardcore Powerlifting Federation. We're a legally registered promotional company, we're fully insured and we've been running pro shows since 2006 (and working in the industry since 2001.)

The officials for our 2009 show were Jim Voronin (former national champ, a high school coach and part of the Metro Flex Gym family), Donna Lee Delleree (has so much experience in the sport that she judged some of Kazmaier's lifts), Rick McClung (got started in the sport on Doyle Kenady's team and has ran a powerlifting gym and/or contests for over 20 years) and Kenny Dinolfo (4 year college degree in athletic training, has competed in the bench on Comcast Sports Net, football player for Portland State University, WABDL Junior Worlds bench champ and a personal training for almost 10 years.)

The competitors will be supplied with official shorts, socks and an official t-shirt at no additional cost to them. The t-shirt will have MHP's logo on the chest and House Of Pain's logo on the back. The shorts will have House Of Pain's logo on one leg and Nebula's on the other. MHP is paying out $5,000 in cash prizes, House Of Pain's producing the clothing and paying out $500 in gift certs and Nebula's supplying all the equipment for the warm up room and for the platform and they're awarding the overall champion with a $1,200 custom made contest bench. If we didn't represent the three companies who are most making this show happen, then we'd be making a serious promotional error in judgement. It's a win-win-win for all parties involved.

Coming up with $5,500 in cash + $500 in gift certs + a $1,200 custom bench to award isn't easy unless you're independantly wealthy. I'm just gonna assume that you didn't know that.
    Thanks for your comprehensive answer, Sean. I meant no offense by questioning the prize money. I'm just conspicuously sensitive about wearing company logos on my clothing. I clueless about how much it costs to promote and run a show like this.

Do you know what order the events will be in? I'm thinking of doing the push/pull as well as the deadlift for reps.

If you ever decide to do a squat for reps contest I would be ALL OVER THAT. I don't know anybody who currently trains who has done heavier 20 rep squats than me.
    My workout log as I progress towards a world-class raw powerlifting total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118490371

Originally Posted by Blenderate View Post
    Thanks for your comprehensive answer, Sean. I meant no offense by questioning the prize money. I'm just conspicuously sensitive about wearing company logos on my clothing. I clueless about how much it costs to promote and run a show like this.

Do you know what order the events will be in? I'm thinking of doing the push/pull as well as the deadlift for reps.

If you ever decide to do a squat for reps contest I would be ALL OVER THAT. I don't know anybody who currently trains who has done heavier 20 rep squats than me.
    When I sat down and added up every dollar I paid out to put together our 2009 competition, it totaled just over $22,000. That's not a lot of money for a wealthy individual or for a corporation, but it's a ton of money for a small business to cover.

For the April 10th contest the event order will run max bench, bench-for-reps, max deadlift and then deadlift-for-reps (lighter weight divisions first in each round of competition.)

Yes, we are looking at running a single lift squat contest and we'd consider a strict squat for reps challenge but I think the majority of lifters would get frustrated with our insisting that each rep break parallel. (We get angry competitors when we make them touch and fully lockout every bench rep too, but I doubt as many as we'd get with squats.)
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb 600lb. bench while my kid shoots whipped cream on my face.

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142268221&welcome=true

tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000) tworedballs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sean Katterle View Post
    I think it's the font. I did tell the graphic designer to separate the letters a bit more before mailing in the disc so, so thanks for catching that crunch!
    I wasd referring to the text after "Max benchpress" and "Max Deadlift". They read the same. It's like the designer copied and pasted, but never changed the copy. Shouldn't it mention "biggest lift in each division" in the "deadlift" text instead of "biggest bench in each division"??
    Last edited by tworedballs; 01-04-2010 at 11:36 AM.
    Sponsored noNiPZ athlete.

www.noNiPZ.com

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    is kimbo slice lifting?