Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Since I been through it, Feel free to ask me any questions about College Football

ask anything in terms of training, diet, school, family, what it takes to be successful..etc. I will attempt to help and to answer each question

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have some questions.

My son has missed his senior year due to an ACL tear (surgery scheduled for the first week in Jan) prior to that things looked pretty good to at least go D2 level on scholarship.....he screwed off his junior year and god bad grades after having decent ones prior to that.

His senior year his grades haven been pretty good....but grades compiled with the injury have taken away his chances of scholarship directly out of high school.

He is going to go to Junior College.....but it has taken the doctors so long to diagnose his acl injury that now maybe he doesn't have enough time to get back to 100 percent before football starts next year (I hear too many stories of players coming back too hard to soon and reinjuring)

Now I hear comments of "grey shirt" and "red shirt" and wonder if these also apply to JC? Grey shirt doesn't sound like an option as it might take away a year of eligibility? Is it more feasable to red shirt at a JC and if he does just how much will he be able to do with the team?

The other question I have is he has some invites from JC's to come out and visit the schools.....but most dont know he has an ACL injury. How much should he be telling these coaches?

PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PitbullJR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have spoken to you before about this. If your son grey shirts that means he will be enrolled in school but not as a full-time student. Since he will not be a full-time student his eligiblity clock would have not started. If he redshirts his clock will start and he will be allowed to do everything with the team except play which is obvious.

In terms of what to tell the coaches, he should tell them the truth. I say this because he is going to need to continue to re-hab with the trainers at the JC. By telling the coach all the details then you as his dad along with the coach can map out the best plan for your boy.

bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50) bishopbeater will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man, i really want to play college football. even if it is a d2 school. but anyways im about 5'8 and about 125 pounds. i play on bulking to about..185 by the time a senior. i play corner back. i can make good reads. and i miss very few tackles..even on people bigger than me (as you can see im not very big) what do you think my chances of getting a scholarship, or walking on to a school? o and i got prolly..3-4 tackles a game during this years season. was teh second highest in our Dbacks. prolly around 30 tackles total. thanks man.

Originally Posted by bishopbeater View Post
    hey man, i really want to play college football. even if it is a d2 school. but anyways im about 5'8 and about 125 pounds. i play on bulking to about..185 by the time a senior. i play corner back. i can make good reads. and i miss very few tackles..even on people bigger than me (as you can see im not very big) what do you think my chances of getting a scholarship, or walking on to a school? o and i got prolly..3-4 tackles a game during this years season. was teh second highest in our Dbacks. prolly around 30 tackles total. thanks man.
    Well hell, if you are already starting despite being so small that should tell you something. You are probably a true baller. I understand you wanting to get your weight up but during the process just make sure you don't decrease your speed. I played at a SEC school and although I was a big DB, we had some guys who were 170. Just keep working hard man. Being a solid tackler at CB will get you scholarship offers, trust me. Keeping working on your technique and you will be well on your way my brother.

nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50) nrgline will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any tips? im gonna ba senior next year and i wanna b around 6'1 180 running a 4.5
    idk what my 40 is atm. i am doing monday and thursday upperbody and tuesday and friday lowerbody work. i do plyo 3x's a week, mon. wens. and frid.

im gonna try to walk on beacuase i tihkn its too late to get my name big and get a scholarship during my senior season

Originally Posted by nrgline View Post
    Any tips? im gonna ba senior next year and i wanna b around 6'1 180 running a 4.5
    idk what my 40 is atm. i am doing monday and thursday upperbody and tuesday and friday lowerbody work. i do plyo 3x's a week, mon. wens. and frid.

im gonna try to walk on beacuase i tihkn its too late to get my name big and get a scholarship during my senior season

Strive higher than walking on. lol how is it too late to get a scholly offer when you haven't played your season yr yet? You make your name big by making plays. The eye in the sky don't lie. When coaches watch film they will see what kind of ball player you are.
    My tips is too work on your speed, be fundamentally sound and attend all the football camps you can this spring. That alone will get your name out.

decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bishopbeater View Post
    You're 15. Play some ball, keep training hard, Re-evaluate after you junior/senior seasons...it's too early to tell, you don't know where your body/playing level will be in 3 years.

K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500) K_J is not very helpful. (-500)
    What did your training regimine look like and how brutal would you say it is?
    How did college football affect your social life- negatively or positively and elaborate please.
    How much food were you eating everyday?
    - "To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."

Originally Posted by K_J View Post
    What did your training regimine look like and how brutal would you say it is?
    How did college football affect your social life- negatively or positively and elaborate please.
    How much food were you eating everyday?
    Training was usually broke into 4 days during the off-season. We did a lot of olympic lifting. I wouldn't call it brutal. Conditioning was usually a challenge but it is suppose to be.
    Well being a football player everyone knows you. I enjoyed myself. There were groupies, true fans and everybody in the state treated me fairly nice. I couldnt imagine just going to college as a regular student, in the sense that it would be very boring.
    We had a team training table, where only athletes on scholarship would/could eat. I ate probably 2 solid meals a day. A lot of meat, potatoes, veggies etc were always there for us. We all were given a 5lb jug of muscle milk and we had a nutrition bar which we went to after our workouts.

RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how did you college go about speed training?

Originally Posted by RAW87 View Post
    how did you college go about speed training?
    We did a lot of sprint work with 40 pound weighted vest and sleds. Some times the sleds were loaded up with 3-4 45lb's plates and some days there were none. The day there were no plates we ran 110's with the sled attached to us.
    We also did a lot of hurdle work. One day a week we would do agility drills in the sand pit

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PitbullJR View Post
    I have spoken to you before about this. If your son grey shirts that means he will be enrolled in school but not as a full-time student. Since he will not be a full-time student his eligiblity clock would have not started. If he redshirts his clock will start and he will be allowed to do everything with the team except play which is obvious.

In terms of what to tell the coaches, he should tell them the truth. I say this because he is going to need to continue to re-hab with the trainers at the JC. By telling the coach all the details then you as his dad along with the coach can map out the best plan for your boy.
    Pit....Im sorry you did send me this info I missed it....thanks.

Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My senior year is next year and I have'nt played football since 8th grade.Ive committed all my time in high school to basketball but I havent received any full scholarship offers yet. I got one year left of high school and I believe I have the potential to compete in d1 football, should I go for it just in case basketball doesnt work out? My stats are 6"3 3/4 barefoot,about 180 lbs,30+ vertical and a 4.9 40 time
    Texas DFW Crew

LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im a redshirt soph. right now at a D1-FCS school right now. I always ask other athletes in all the other sports the question- "if you could do it all over again, would you choose this school?" A good number said they would have chosen differently. I know you can never predict what how your career and team will fair but after going through it all....would you do it differently?
    Expect to be there, work like you don't belong.

Originally Posted by Geometrics View Post
    My senior year is next year and I have'nt played football since 8th grade.Ive committed all my time in high school to basketball but I havent received any full scholarship offers yet. I got one year left of high school and I believe I have the potential to compete in d1 football, should I go for it just in case basketball doesnt work out? My stats are 6"3 3/4 barefoot,about 180 lbs,30+ vertical and a 4.9 40 time
    Yes you should

Originally Posted by LC83 View Post
    Im a redshirt soph. right now at a D1-FCS school right now. I always ask other athletes in all the other sports the question- "if you could do it all over again, would you choose this school?" A good number said they would have chosen differently. I know you can never predict what how your career and team will fair but after going through it all....would you do it differently?
    Yes I would man. Going into college I was a cocky azzhole to sum it up. It was all about me. Things worked out and I was lucky enough to live a childhood dream but during the process I was mean to a lot of people. I should have went to Alabama with coach Shula at the time, but I was sooo worried about being " the man" on my team. Young and dumb, they go hand and hand

Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Erukossx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never played High School football but im planning on trying out at a junior college for next season. I was just wondering how hard you think it would be starting out at the JC level. I am pretty good at sports but wrestling is the only one i did in high school until i blew out my knee my junior year. I just turned 20 and am 6' 2" 250.
    Last edited by Erukossx; 12-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Originally Posted by Erukossx View Post
    I never played High School football but im planning on trying out at a junior college for next season. I was just wondering how hard you think it would be starting out at the JC level. I am pretty good at sports but wrestling is the only one i did in high school until i blew out my knee my junior year. I just turned 20 and am 6' 2" 250.
    Well, nothing replaces experiences. However since you do have an athletic background it will make the transition easier. Just dedicate yourself and do the lieele things rights

kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kasdude14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man. So in my high school career i really loved the sport but had a huge weight problem. my sophmore year i made huge gains on my lifts and in the summer had cut 50 lbs. then a week before two a days i snapped my arm in a car wreck and it took me out for the season. i fell into a depression and had a dispute with the head coach. I last minute decided to play my senior year and was not in the shape i used to be. I weighed 370 pounds and actually was good at the sport but did not have the best athleticism.

After that year i cut down to 285 and about 30% body fat. Right now Im weighing 290 at about 22% bodyfat as my trainer told me. and ive been coaching football for the last year and a half. I was thinking about trying to walk on to a small school. Do you think i should try it?

Originally Posted by kasdude14 View Post
    Hey man. So in my high school career i really loved the sport but had a huge weight problem. my sophmore year i made huge gains on my lifts and in the summer had cut 50 lbs. then a week before two a days i snapped my arm in a car wreck and it took me out for the season. i fell into a depression and had a dispute with the head coach. I last minute decided to play my senior year and was not in the shape i used to be. I weighed 370 pounds and actually was good at the sport but did not have the best athleticism.

After that year i cut down to 285 and about 30% body fat. Right now Im weighing 290 at about 22% bodyfat as my trainer told me. and ive been coaching football for the last year and a half. I was thinking about trying to walk on to a small school. Do you think i should try it?
    Hell yeah you should try. You have nothing to lose. It is obvious from your weight loss you have determination. Best of luck to you man

BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pitbull, when did you graduate? Any NFL tryouts?

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
    Pitbull, when did you graduate? Any NFL tryouts?

08, Yes I was signed to a team up until recently I got released.

HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    iight i remember you commented on my post a couple days ago........i have no lick of experience other than playin street football my family is athletic ive always had the dream of becoming a football star lol but my pops kept me from it cuase he didnt want to see me hurt..... but ive been training so hard now bout 5 days a week for the past couple years jus to have a chance to shine at all and i still feel if its not good enough.... im not goin to push myself to over train but im jus thinkin but busting out and doin some buckwild like pullin my car up and down the block a few times lol.....but my main question is was there anything that gave u a edge? and whats a good weight for a RB
    im relentless no one shall be my obstacle.... i will strive for better with every rep... until i see no opponent in my way

Originally Posted by HULK_JR15 View Post
    iight i remember you commented on my post a couple days ago........i have no lick of experience other than playin street football my family is athletic ive always had the dream of becoming a football star lol but my pops kept me from it cuase he didnt want to see me hurt..... but ive been training so hard now bout 5 days a week for the past couple years jus to have a chance to shine at all and i still feel if its not good enough.... im not goin to push myself to over train but im jus thinkin but busting out and doin some buckwild like pullin my car up and down the block a few times lol.....but my main question is was there anything that gave u a edge? and whats a good weight for a RB
    What gave me an edge was that I was fundamentally sound. My dad would have my brother and I on the field for 3 hours and 1 of those hours were used just to teach technique. The average size of rbs are from 5'9- 5'11 wt 210-230

HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HULK_JR15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh werd what techniques did u practice....
    im relentless no one shall be my obstacle.... i will strive for better with every rep... until i see no opponent in my way

Originally Posted by HULK_JR15 View Post
    oh werd what techniques did u practice....
    Not to false step, breaking on the football, proper hand placement when blocking, how to shed blocks, bump and run technique, whirlie bird technique etc etc

Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Geometrics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PitbullJR View Post
    Yes you should
    What would an ideal position be for me with the stats I have posted atm?
    Texas DFW Crew

Originally Posted by Geometrics View Post
    What would an ideal position be for me with the stats I have posted atm?
    you have height which is good, but I cant make that judgement without seeing your overall athletic ability.

so do squats and deadlift work within each other like the more you deadlift the more likely u be able to squat more and was ur forty time and what did it take to get u there