ahn.tae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Problem: Rapid weight loss....Excess Skin

Im in search for a solution....

i used to be 250 and i've dropped to 150... but i realized i had a lot of skin.... around the waist... so i've increased my weight a bit(lols about 40lb)

i've tried vitamin E lotion etc doesnt seem like it worked....

so anyone has any ideas???

Lecter612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lecter612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem with the loose skin, and I have yet to find a "magic bullet" if you will.

I'm hoping that through time, plentiful water consumption, and additional fat loss this problem will begin to correct itself. These are the only non-invasive strategies that I'm aware of. I've also been told that age is a factor (younger skin is a bit more elastic).

Question

Originally Posted by Lecter612 View Post
    I have the same problem with the loose skin, and I have yet to find a "magic bullet" if you will.

I'm hoping that through time, plentiful water consumption, and additional fat loss this problem will begin to correct itself. These are the only non-invasive strategies that I'm aware of. I've also been told that age is a factor (younger skin is a bit more elastic).
    hmmm i lost the 100 lb when i was 17???..... so...

elemnopee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elemnopee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    genetics also play a huge role. just give it some time, your skin needs to adjust.

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah loose skin takes a while to heal up. The lotion might help it heal a little quicker but its still likely a year long process. Just lift, gets some muscle and hope it heals 100%.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    Yeah loose skin takes a while to heal up. The lotion might help it heal a little quicker but its still likely a year long process. Just lift, gets some muscle and hope it heals 100%.
    haha kk
    thats what i've been doing for the past 3years :>

it reduced some what however i fear it'll never be tight again..

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the faster you lost the weight the longer it will take for the skin to rebound. in obese cases the individual will need to get a tummy tuck.

for you being young... im not sure. how do you lose the weight?

how long did it take?
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by conwaylucas View Post
    the faster you lost the weight the longer it will take for the skin to rebound. in obese cases the individual will need to get a tummy tuck.

how long did it take?
    I believe I read it's not a matter of how fast or how you have lost the weight.

It will tighten up over time (as long as you don't have a lot of stretch marks - then you're basically ****ed, because scar tissue has no elasticity whatsoever), just be patient. I know it sucks, I have the same problem...

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i lost 115 lbs over 15 months and now about 15 months later, I am finally filling out the skin and tightening everything up. I had little loose skin to begin with though.

For somebody that was > %35 bf and loses a great quantity of weight in a short time ( think biggest loser ). I highly doubt the skin will rebound in even 10 years.

and stretch marks are a part of my life but they have not hindered the tightening of my skin either. as the skin has tighten, the marks are actually much less noticable.
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although I have "only" lost 77 lbs I have "some" (okay, actually it's a wobbly lot, but I think that may be a case of distorted self image) loose around my mid section, and stretch marks on arms, stomach, hips and on the inside of my thighs (which I'll blame on squats when I'm swole! )...

I guess everybody's different and has to find out for oneself.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The big key, is, DONT LET IT SAG.. Get one of those thermal belts, usually blue, that you wrap around your mid section. Leave it on all day, except for bed. It stops the skin from hanging, which, if heavy enough, will always continue to stretch.

Of course, there are many, many factors, such as age, diet, prior weight.

JMO

good luck

Originally Posted by conwaylucas View Post

how long did it take?
    it took about 5 to 6months.....
    all i did was walk........ to lose the weight lols.......(for hours....)

there were a bunch of stretch marks however they are starting to fade away... but the skin is still there and starting to bug me.

up..

any other suggestions ?

The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems to be recommended to continue to lower your overall body fat percentage to combat loose skin. I keep reading that some loose skin may just be fat that needs to be burned, and that achieving single digit (sub-10%) bodyfat percentage you will more or less rid yourself of the loose skin. There are non-surgical success stories out there, I'm trying to track down more threads on it myself, but there is hope.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really the only thing I think works for loose skin is to fill it up with muscle. I made the mistake of losing a lot of weight just by running, then became skinny fat. Since I've started doing a lot more heavy lifting and compound exercises like squats, presses, n deads I've noticed that my body's starting to get tighter and the loose skin is starting to get a lot less noticeable. That's prolly your best bet. That and drinking lot's of water.

Talking

Originally Posted by UpInSmoke View Post
    Really the only thing I think works for loose skin is to fill it up with muscle. I made the mistake of losing a lot of weight just by running, then became skinny fat. Since I've started doing a lot more heavy lifting and compound exercises like squats, presses, n deads I've noticed that my body's starting to get tighter and the loose skin is starting to get a lot less noticeable. That's prolly your best bet. That and drinking lot's of water.
    lols thats what im doing as well
    however i dont think i can fill everything up since im not aiming to be hugeeeee lols

mm guess over time...

tyty for the inputs

LowCarbOrator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowCarbOrator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LowCarbOrator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on your 160 pound weight loss, it's fantastic.

Originally Posted by Lecter612 View Post

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude give it some time....Personally I lotion my skin....you said your using lotion e oil....that will help...sorry that's all you can really do...Good Luck....
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Tcell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tcell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tcell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sucks,,,, hope you dont need surgery
    Goal

1/14/10- 214
    6/7/10- 174
    --------------
    -40 lbs

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    Dude give it some time....Personally I lotion my skin....you said your using lotion e oil....that will help...sorry that's all you can really do...Good Luck....
    tyty

using palmers cocoa lotion for now

hope it helps