junkymanguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

use creatine after or before i lost weight?

Hi,

Im looking to lose weight but had a couple of questions that I hoped you guys could answer for me ? Im currently 191lbs and am 5'10, Id love to get my weight down to 160lbs but have another 25-28lbs of muscle for a total of 185-190lbs. I work out 6 days a week working out various body parts every other day at a gym and come home to do cardio on the stationary bike for 35 mins at anywhere between 12-15mph making that about 550 or so calories. I keep my calorie intake at 2100-2300 a day and take in about 180 grams of protein daily as well as taking "xenadryne efx" daily . I purchased some creatine and wasnt quite sure whether to use it or not since I did want to get big and had read that the muscle burns calories to begin with and used it for 3 weeks. I understand it adds mass to my body but I jumped up to 199 within 2 weeks of using it , now can I accomplish my goal I stated earlier and keep using creatine adding more muscle and that burning my fat getting me to my goal or would I just end up getting muscle but still having fat on my body? Or should I just lose the fat first and get down to 160-165lbs and then use the creatine/protein to get up to 190lbs with muscle?? I hope I dont sound stupid in asking you this , I know it takes 3500 calories to burn 1lb and would appreciate it if you could help me out. I was taking the creatine but had gotten kinda big and was afraid i would still have alot of fat on my body but muscle also. So should I just lose the fat first and then gain the muscle afterwords? If it helps I was lifting heavy weights using the creatine at 3 sets of 7 reps each. I stopped using the creatine this past week and am lifting lighter weights with more reps per set. Thanks for your time.

PS. Also im going into my 2nd week of lifting weights at more reps but light weights but having noticed any difference in a loss of weight.Plz help

junkymanguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone out there that can give me some advice??? Id appreciate it very much.

DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This subject is often debated, glutamine is more important than creatine while cutting so if you can only afford one go for glutamine. Otherwise go for both...

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree both would be good, however L-glutimaine would be more important. I wasn't taking creatine until recently and I have seen a decent increase in a few places since I've began using it.

Derek

scoochydawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you are trying to cut bodyfat % will creatine hinder that, or wont really have an effect on body fat?

Ukrainetrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My personal opinion is that you should just lift and eat right, dont worry about cutting right away...you have 190lbs on you, why not make it muscle, turning fat into muscle is easier then losing fat....after a little bulking phase cut down....just my opinion though i would not take the creatine while cutting
    "Imaginations is more important than knowledge"-Albert Einstein

scoochydawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont weigh 190 huh - u cant turn fat into muscle.
    Last edited by scoochydawg; 04-29-2003 at 02:54 PM.

Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would creatine hinder you in losing body fat? Creatine gets you more massive and stronger...which will HELP in you cutting process. It will allow you to LIFT heavier weights, which will lead to losing LESS muscle or even gaining muscle while cutting.
    When you hesitate, you act as if you are immortal