Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation severe head pain doing squats??

Ive been getting heavier and heavier on squats lately and seems like everytime i get to my third set i start to get this unreal severe pulsing pain in the back of my head that ruins my whole workout becasue it lasts for 30 mintues, not a headache or migraine just pulsing pain. Im pretty sure im breathing right and my form is as close to perfect as you can get. I've had 8 confirmed concussions so dont know if that has anything to do with it??? Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
    A strong mind and body makes a perfect Bodybuilder

xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nate_Jackson View Post
    Ive been getting heavier and heavier on squats lately and seems like everytime i get to my third set i start to get this unreal severe pulsing pain in the back of my head that ruins my whole workout becasue it lasts for 30 mintues, not a headache or migraine just pulsing pain. Im pretty sure im breathing right and my form is as close to perfect as you can get. I've had 8 confirmed concussions so dont know if that has anything to do with it??? Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
    that's probably an exertional headache. They usually seem to occur while squatting for some reason, and usually are caused by not exhaling during the positive portion of the lift. Take a few weeks off. See a doctor in the mean time just to make sure nothings horribly wrong. When you start training again, make sure you warm up really slowly (maybe take a short run before lifting) and thoroughly, and take it easy for a little while. Good luck feeling better, being injured sucks
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass
    -Admiral Isoroku Yamamato

goals/current PR (all unequipped)
    375 squat/305x5, 335x1
    345lb Bench/335x1, 290x5, 275x8, 250x12
    475lb DL/415lbx2 435x1

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get it checked out by a doctor.

Then film yourself squatting and post it on here. You might possibly be bending to far forward.

"Im pretty sure im breathing right and my form is as close to perfect as you can get" is a dead give away...I guarantee there is something wrong.
    Last edited by endpoint; 12-28-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate_Jackson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Endpoint didnt meant to sound cocky with the pretty close to perfect comment haha. What i meant was my lifting partner said he doesnt see anything wrong with my form and my breathing is what its suppposed to be, inhale down exhale up taking a few breaths before each rep. But ill try to get a video on here to get more opinions cause a doctor will say stop squatting, lol and thats just not an option

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless ed coan is your training partner, something is going on.

Do you hold your breath when you squat? If so where? In your belly? in your chest?
    Do you push out, or pull in your belly button?

dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    do you squat high bar or low bar?
    if high bar, then you may be pinching a nerve in your neck, which can cause exertional headaches.
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

*** Pureblood Master Race - PM for free sperm sample, personally, and 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 delivered (ladies only) ***

*** Official Misc Photography Crew ***

rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    maybe dehydration + squats + caffiene maybe gives you a headache, i know if i dont drink enough or whatever when im training or even not training i will get a pulsing headache

think i may have figured out what it is, was lifting today not doing squats and it happened again. trainer suggested taking my blood pressure and it was sky high. Gonna try to ease up on my N.O supplement and see if that helps. Thanks guys

rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rob1992 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nate_Jackson View Post
    think i may have figured out what it is, was lifting today not doing squats and it happened again. trainer suggested taking my blood pressure and it was sky high. Gonna try to ease up on my N.O supplement and see if that helps. Thanks guys
    also ease up on any stimulants you're taking even if its just coffee or something

ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10) ballerific is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the same thing last year. Neurologist said "Excersised Induced head pain" i took a week off and they put me on a BP med for 2 weeks. Since then I have had zero issues. i would go to your GP then see if they will refer you.

Good Luck
    " You're either in or out"

" Swagga like us"

restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) restoman45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a similar problem a few years back when I joined a local YMCA. The problem for me was something in the air at that gym gave me a headache pain so bad I could barely focus/walk for 30 minutes any time I squatted, Benched, deadlifted or standing pressed... I never get headaches, and I have never had this problem before. The doctor told me to take some medicine for it and go lift again and same problem. So, I just played basketball there from now on and went back to lifting in my parents basement and have never had the problem since. The doctor said that I could have been reacting to something in the air there when combined with the strenuous exercise...

If you have been lifting at that gym for a while, then I guess its not the same for you...
    weak

Originally Posted by ballerific View Post
    I had the same thing last year. Neurologist said "Excersised Induced head pain" i took a week off and they put me on a BP med for 2 weeks. Since then I have had zero issues. i would go to your GP then see if they will refer you.

Good Luck
    Ya i gotta go to a Neurologist sometime next week sounds like we have same head problem going on so its good to know you havent had any trouble since then. Thanks for the info