tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If you PT in a gym, get in here (help wanted)

So I have been personal training for a year, and now Im getting ready to take a personal trainer job at a gym (AmFamFit), and I was wondering if anybody who does work at a gym could give me any tips on how to pick up clients the best in a gym setting. I only have a couple small ideas, but not much. So all ideas/thoughts/tips/advice are be very welcome. Thanks.

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you are JUST starting in a gym now, what have you been doing for the last year?

I do not work in a gym but I did until i opened my own place. You wont become a star there right away but heres some ways to move you in the right direction. work your ass off to become well known if the gym as THE personal trainer to go to.

Two magical tips to help this.

- Always be seen- Dont just do your workouts/sessions and get right out of there. Be seen around, be friendly and offer little buts of advice to ppeople. DO NOT be in everyones face while they workout trying to correct every tiny thing they are doing wrong (unless they are REALLY going to hurt themselves). DO NOT walk up to people cold and ask if they want personal training. No one likes being sold to. You will come off as annoying. Just say hi and smile to people and show interest in their goals along the way. You will REALLY go up in there good books if a couple of weeks after talking to them you can say "Hey NAME, hows the GOAL going?"..... at this point you can slowly start to talk to them about your services with much more credibility as you have already built a relatioonship with them.

Write articles- If you have your PT cert, you know enough to write about fitness. Just write in basic terms that people will understand. I used to write a monthly article that i printed up on colored paper for gym members to read. It was basic things that we know about but the average joe may not. Think of things that people need help with. Make sure the heading is catchy and triggers interest. a topics i wrote about were "10 Reasons You're Not Seeing Results In The Gym", "8 Ways to revive your motivation" etc. whatever is a hot topic, write on it. It doesnt take much at all.

Make sure your picture is on the sheet so they know who wrote it. Since you have writen an article, you are the expert in your eyes.

Lastly, always put an offer at then end. Maybe a free consult or assessment. REMEMBER- The purpose of these articles ARE NOT to sell something, they are to increase your credibility and exposure.

tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50) tha shredda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    if you are JUST starting in a gym now, what have you been doing for the last year?

I do not work in a gym but I did until i opened my own place. You wont become a star there right away but heres some ways to move you in the right direction. work your ass off to become well known if the gym as THE personal trainer to go to.

Two magical tips to help this.

- Always be seen- Dont just do your workouts/sessions and get right out of there. Be seen around, be friendly and offer little buts of advice to ppeople. DO NOT be in everyones face while they workout trying to correct every tiny thing they are doing wrong (unless they are REALLY going to hurt themselves). DO NOT walk up to people cold and ask if they want personal training. No one likes being sold to. You will come off as annoying. Just say hi and smile to people and show interest in their goals along the way. You will REALLY go up in there good books if a couple of weeks after talking to them you can say "Hey NAME, hows the GOAL going?"..... at this point you can slowly start to talk to them about your services with much more credibility as you have already built a relatioonship with them.

Write articles- If you have your PT cert, you know enough to write about fitness. Just write in basic terms that people will understand. I used to write a monthly article that i printed up on colored paper for gym members to read. It was basic things that we know about but the average joe may not. Think of things that people need help with. Make sure the heading is catchy and triggers interest. a topics i wrote about were "10 Reasons You're Not Seeing Results In The Gym", "8 Ways to revive your motivation" etc. whatever is a hot topic, write on it. It doesnt take much at all.

Make sure your picture is on the sheet so they know who wrote it. Since you have writen an article, you are the expert in your eyes.

Lastly, always put an offer at then end. Maybe a free consult or assessment. REMEMBER- The purpose of these articles ARE NOT to sell something, they are to increase your credibility and exposure.
    Well for the past year I have trained people at my gym outside in a shed, or other peoples places at thier house gym.

The 1st tip I deffinately know all about, but thanks alot for the 2nd tip. I didnt think of that. Thats pretty good, I already have some articles ready I could print off.

Thanks alot.