bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question Question on half brother/sister

My oldest sister was over my house for the week. We got to discussing family. She believes, if a brother/sister are from the same mother but different father they are considered full brother/sister. But if they are from the same father but different mother they are considered half brother/sister. I believe the only way they are complete brother/sister is if they are from both. If they are from only one parent, regardless if it is the mother or father, they are considered half brother/sister.

What do you guys think/believe?
    On the list for Bannukah

DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    My oldest sister was over my house for the week. We got to discussing family. She believes, if a brother/sister are from the same mother but different father they are considered full brother/sister. But if they are from the same father but different mother they are considered half brother/sister. I believe the only way they are complete brother/sister is if they are from both. If they are from only one parent, regardless if it is the mother or father, they are considered half brother/sister.

I would say from both to be full..

madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10) madles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

different parents half bro/sis same parents full bro/sis
    "Pain lets you know that you are still alive" author unknown
    1/24/10 166lbs.

KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Full siblings share full genetic material from the SAME parents.

Sharing one parent (no matter which one) is half.

Sharing no parents, but related as siblings through marriage is step-siblings.
    T.H.I.N.K before you speak. Ask yourself, is it TRUE, HELPFUL, INSPIRATIONAL, NECESSARY, and KIND? If not, then just keep it to yourself.

...think about what you write before you hit "Mr. Enter" button. ~Guy Jin 9.11.10 OV35Misc.

getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yep..half regardless based on genetics..but raised living together lots of sibs consider to be full no matter who sired them..

getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmesweaty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I say half for both scenarios. However, my oldest son is not my biological child and him and his sisters have never considered themselves anything other than just plain Brothers and Sisters. Just as I consider him my son and in fact, get very annoyed when people refer to him as my stepson. In fact, I refuse to EVER write the word "Step" on any form and write "Adopted Son" only on medical forms where our lack of shared genetics could be important.
    So really it boils down to more than one definition for the words brother/sister. I am much closer to some of my "brothers" in uniform than I am with my own brother. But they are all still my "Brothers".
    very nicely stated..and thanks for ur service!!

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a number of half brothers and sisters, and my family also believes that those born from the same mother are 'full' siblings. I, however, believe that those sired from my father share equal status.

I also believe that if I adopted a child today, then that child would be my daughter's 'full' sibling.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Takes both SAME parents to be full blood siblings.(at least in the definition sense) That said I have a brother and sister and a step father and guess what I know no half people they are my dad and my brother and sister. I have issues with calling anyone half anything but thats just me. Hell I have a brother that isn't even related to me, lack of blood ties doesn't change the fact he is my brother.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh let mew clarify, I have 4 brothers and 1 sister from a different father and 1 brother and 1 sister from a different mother, they are ALL my full brothers and sister in my heart.

What my sister and I were arguing about, or should I said disagreeing on, was the factual act of it. She seriously thinks that if they are born with the same mother than they are FULL brothers and sister through DNA. She is even going to get a statement from her physician saying so as I told her it was NOT a fact.
    On the list for Bannukah

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh let mew clarify, I have 4 brothers and 1 sister from a different father and 1 brother and 1 sister from a different mother, they are ALL my full brothers and sister in my heart.

What my sister and I were arguing about, or should I said disagreeing on, was the factual act of it. She seriously thinks that if they are born with the same mother than they are FULL brothers and sister through DNA. She is even going to get a statement from her physician saying so as I told her it was NOT a fact.

BH, you do realize that even when the doctor tells her she is wrong she will still be right? You are correct but that doesn't matter because she will be right in her mind.

Originally Posted by bigvin73 View Post
    BH, you do realize that even when the doctor tells her she is wrong she will still be right? You are correct but that doesn't matter because she will be right in her mind.
    LOL Man you are probably 100% correct with that statement
    On the list for Bannukah

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    only in the Bronx could this debate occur.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

You are correct; full is sired and born of the same mother and father. For anyone that really wants to test this, try being involved in a paternity suit sometimes. And I certainly agree with step- and half- sibling "being like full" in our hearts, but there is a distinctive dna line there.
    Be well and breathe deep.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you are correct.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

you're right, ans 1/2 sis is kinda stupid.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dictionary.com

half brother
    n. A brother to whom one is biologically related through one parent only

Sounds to me like she's trying to make some weird matriarchal power play.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If the physician agrees with her I would pray for her health.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    only in the Bronx could this debate occur.
    You do realize that we are meeting up at the Arnold?
    On the list for Bannukah

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always heard that 1/2 siblings have one parent in common, either mother or father, but adoption trumps the biology, at least legally. Adopted kids are considered full siblings regardless of who their birth parents are. I think that also applies if a step-parent legally adopts his/her spouse's biological children.

(Now I might be remembering an episode of "The Brady Bunch", so my answer may be full of crap. )

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigvin73 View Post
    lol this x2

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She seriously thinks that if they are born with the same mother than they are FULL brothers and sister through DNA.
    I'm sorry to say this but that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    lol this x2
    We PM'ed each other regarding this as it is a little deeper than that

But I want to show her this thread just in case
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.
    My point exactly, but she is so sure
    On the list for Bannukah

Registered User verycleansnatch's Avatar
    verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) verycleansnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have a brother and sister who have a different dad than me, but i dont use half brother/sister, i consider them full.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by verycleansnatch View Post
    i have a brother and sister who have a different dad than me, but i dont use half brother/sister, i consider them full.
    That's where personal preference and attitude come in. The whole full/half/step sibling thing is a matter of biology and geneology (i.e. your family tree), and a bit of legal language in some situations. However, within the family, people can be more flexible. If you think of them as brother and sister, then that's who they are to you, which is what counts in the long run.
    At Christmas, my cousin was trying to figure out what type of "cousin" we are (she and my mom were "first cousins" so she says we are "second cousins" and her daughters are my "third cousins"). My response was "Heck, I just call all of you 'cousin' and end it at that. It doesn't matter much to me. We're all related somehow."

Well my sister spoke to her Doctor and he told her quote on quote, "Where did you get that ridiculous idea from" Where my sister then said "My mother"

Damn so my Moms fed that crap to my sister

Anyway another mystery answered

Thanks for the response guys.
    On the list for Bannukah

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this a question about incest??

Do not f*ck this person.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KimberleyRN View Post
    Full siblings share full genetic material from the SAME parents.

Sharing one parent (no matter which one) is half.

Sharing no parents, but related as siblings through marriage is step-siblings.
    that

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You are correct.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's Christmas, a divine time of the year, half brother/sister, second cousin twice removed, family is just that, family. Someone you love, what's in a name or a qualifier? Make them know that they are loved, important, part of the whole! I know that was not the original question, but I'm in the mood! Tis a glorious season, one full of love, all encompassing love. One never knows nowadays just what simple family ties can do!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill