Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Post.

On this site http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...he-calves.html
    that was posted a while back about training calves i came across this.

"From a dead 2 second pause, explode up, squeeze for 1 second at the top, 3 second eccentric (for tempo freaks, this would be written X/1/3/2: explosive concentric, 1 second squeeze at the top, 3 second negative, 2 second pause at the bottom). Take 3 minutes between sets and GO HEAVY. When you get all 5 sets of 5, add weight at the next workout. The gastroc is fast twitch, it responds to heavy loads. The explosive concentric out of the pause will maximize tension, the squeeze makes sure that youre controlling the weight, the slow eccentric is critical for growth. Note: be careful on the pause, dont overstretch the calves or you can give yourself plantar fascitis. But dont cut range of motion either. You want some stretch on the calves, dont try to drop your heels as far as possible."

Im confused with the tempo and how it is correct peformed. can someone please explain to me without all the weird language lol thanks

SlickNickster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickNickster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickNickster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickNickster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SlickNickster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried out the tibialis anterior exercise last night and it was awesome! Thanks for the post and here's to some bigger calves this year!

64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    glad i saw this. Hittin calves tomorrow. looking forward to it!

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    forefoot running for the best calves workout
    Seek truth and reason

blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great exercises! I have a question.. I am doing the rippetoe program right now and not supposed to add exercises to it because will create a stall sooner then normal. I was wondering if I did each of the muscle exercises Monday, wednesday, then friday? Like sitting on monday, standing on wed, and the front calf (i forget name) on friday. or do you need to do them all on the same day?
    2012 Goals:
    1. 180lbs
    2. 3x5x225 BB Bench
    3. 1x5x350 Deadlift
    4. 3x5x275 Squat
    5. 3x5x135 SMP
    Bulking with Rippetoe (160lbs) Aug 1-Dec 30.

cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Donkey calf raises are supposed to be the best for soleus development but there is rarely a machine for them in gyms.

DCSwimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome thread thanks man! def gonna be doing these today. LEG DAY

ekotovary has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ekotovary has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Эко - товары

Мы продаем эклогически чистые eco-domik com ua/]моющие средства без химии Сколько можно себя травить?
    Пора позаботиться о себе и о нашей планете Покупайте бытовую химию без химии eco-domik com ua/]Эко магазин

wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wearebothlost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of the weaknesses of my physique is my calves. I find that most of the leg machines work your calves if you extend from the flat of your foot onto your toes (the range of movement for most calf exercises).
    If you go too heavy on the calves then you may have insignificant range of movement.

We all gonna make it? boyharvey's Avatar
    boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000) boyharvey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, I need all of the calf exercises that I can get and these look effective. Will use these today.

Registered User missiontomuscle's Avatar
    missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calves - one of the hardest areas to train IMO! I really need to improve mine as not only are they small - but one side is larger than the other as you can see in my blog pics.

Does anyone else have non symmetrical calves?
    About Me:
    Ben Basos is the writer of the extremely popular Mission to Muscle blog, which documented his must see 12 week transformation from flabby to fit. Ben also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Movement studies, and dedicates his time to keeping lean, fit and healthy.

MissiontoMuscle.com

gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gsxunv04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the links

youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the great tips man plan 2 use them

Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chachibenji is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    most calf growth I have ever seen is during running.
    So thats my calf exercise.
    srs.

Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lukemain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread

frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frothyshoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very good read, informative. Thank you
    Sacrifice without Regret!

AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here are my

AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pretty decent IMO, good job

HI-Meat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Easy bud. On a standing calves raise you hold for 2 seconds at the bottom (stretch), explode to the top (contraction) and hold the extension for 1 second. Take 3 seconds to lower your heel to the bottom of the exercise then repeat for 5 reps. Because its a set of 5 you need to go heavy.

HI-Meat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calves are the most conditioned muscle group and there fore need to be treated accordingly. Take a minute and review your own workout splits... maybe you train calves once per week along w chest and back etc. How many sets do you do for your chest compared to your calves?
    Because of their conditioning level they need more volume and could definitely be done more frequently (they recover faster too). Just by doing more sets every time you train them could really help them improve.. I've found that volume is the answer 10-15 sets (10 on a standing smith raise and 4+ on a seated) works pretty well.
    Another thing a lot of gym rats miss is the actual calves during their exercises. locking your knees and short ranges of motion are the Main mistakes we've all made at some point.
    Lastly varying your rep, set and weight schemes. each time you hit them vary the intensity; pyramids, drop sets, TUTS(Time under tension).. try a 6 minute drop set on a standing machine calves raise and tell me your calves arnt bigger!

Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Chachibenji View Post
    most calf growth I have ever seen is during running.
    So thats my calf exercise.
    srs.
    lol this

Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr1Big is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey cool thank you for all the help.

Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Elvis16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Deviant Dingo View Post
    Nice post!

Forgive my ignorance, but the bottom 3 movements seem to be the same action? Is that correct or am I missing something
    Yes they work the same action, cuz his listing different exercises for the same muscle, although the first one of the bottom 3 works more your soleus than gastrocnemius.
    The pain you feel today will be the strength you'll feel tomorrow

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    I say, it's hard to tell if these women have nice calves but I certainly like their max glutes.

Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000) Samshepherd02 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great post man. imma try some of these out! thanks alot!

brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squats

ginab1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive been weight training for about 6 monthes now, my calves now meausre 17inches!

blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackrain35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

calves..

During and right after each set of doing these work outs with my calves they tighten up and i almost feel like they are going to rip.. they adventually go away and normal again but i was wondering if that was a sign off too much work on them? im doing 2x10 sitting, 2x10 standing. after each of those heavy weights they get TIGHT.
    2012 Goals:
    1. 180lbs
    2. 3x5x225 BB Bench
    3. 1x5x350 Deadlift
    4. 3x5x275 Squat
    5. 3x5x135 SMP
    Bulking with Rippetoe (160lbs) Aug 1-Dec 30.

locololo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locololo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

calve training..!

Hey..!! i'm an new bb'er from the netherlands..!

I mis read or just can't follow ur training..!
    But what is the difference between phase 1 and 2??

And since last week i'm training my tibialis anterior..!

Greetings

Originally Posted by jordanair45 View Post
    I get a lot of compliments on my caves and I thought I'd add this in as a starter program. I've had bigger calves while playing basketball then when I started lifitng, and there is a good program using just body weight. This will get you size and definition.

3 sets until failure, about 45 seconds-1 minute. Regular body weight calve raise, while on the balls of your feet, on a ledge that allows your hell to stretch all the way down, lower as fast as you can all the way down (full range of motion) and explode all the way up, holding the contraction on top for 3 seconds, lower all the way down again, as FAST as you can, stretching the calve, explode up, and hold the contraction on top; repeat.

This is phase 1, which builds power in the muscle.

Then, endurance comes in. You can switch it up every week, or work on power 2 week straight, then the next 2 weeks, endurance, or switch it up every month.

Phase 2. The same movement (full range of motion stretch), but perform your calve raises as fast as you can. 3 sets until failure. All the way up, all the way down, DON'T CHEAT. Feel it in your calve.

I'm not a cerfied personal trainer, and everyone's body responds differently, but this is by far the best way to work calves.

Give it a try, and if you don't see a difference within the first 3 weeks, ban me :-).

I've never understood guys on weight/machines while working calves, because I'm pretty sure most peoples calves cannot life their 200lb body weight.
    No i'm not on steroids, but thanks for asking!

rzacharia21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good staples provided above for calves. One thing that has worked for me for calf training and gives me a great burn and stretch is a superset between standing raises with 45 plates in each hand with raises done on 25 lbs located on the ground. To avoid confusion and ensure that everybody understands what I'm talking about, you essentially do 20-30 reps to start of standing calf raises with one 45 lb plate in each hand (or more weight if you want to use dumbbells for higher weights) and then right away stand with your balls of your feet/half of your foot on two 25 lb weights on the ground that are 4-5 inches away from each other. Your heels should be off the weights and you should do a raise and hold at the top of each rep for a nice stretch and burn and return down and repeat once again for 20-30 reps. After about 3 rounds of this superset, you will feel the burn in the calves...I definitely guarantee it. Make sure you stretch your calf muscle after each round to get the full extension and burn.