Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    xSandstorm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. Thanks!

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I start my workouts with calves first

sometimes I train them twice a week, just train them hard and heavy and over time; although, they might not be your best standout bodypart, you can still make improvements
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    I start my workouts with calves first

sometimes I train them twice a week, just train them hard and heavy and over time; although, they might not be your best standout bodypart, you can still make improvements
    I like training my calves as my second lift. To let the bodypart I'm training that day to rest a bit before the next big lift.

Squats -> Calves -> Front Squat
    Bench Press -> Calves -> Overhead Press
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

BigManAE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome post! Just to add and I'm not sure this will work for everyone, but increase the frequency at which I work out my calves have helped alot. I bumped them from 2/3 days a week to 5 days a week and my calves have been growing tremendously.

Thoughts?

deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The seated calf raise with barbell on thighs would be extremely painful....
    You clearly know your muscles and how they work...But no way would I ever consider doing that exercise....
    Donkey Calf raise is Number one!!
    BB

deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10) deathface is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigManAE View Post
    Awesome post! Just to add and I'm not sure this will work for everyone, but increase the frequency at which I work out my calves have helped alot. I bumped them from 2/3 days a week to 5 days a week and my calves have been growing tremendously.

Thoughts?
    They can defs take the most punishment out of all the muscles we have... Densist!
    Smash those mofos as much as you can....
    BB

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very interesting article what lyle Mcdonald says about androgen receptors and his thoery on why calves are small on some people and big on others. How about women though?

Ive seen normal to thin girls with big calves
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    very interesting article what lyle Mcdonald says about androgen receptors and his thoery on why calves are small on some people and big on others. How about women though?

Ive seen normal to thin girls with big calves
    High heels.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BenJAMIN2141 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice post... thanks
    Got Lift?

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    POWER CLEANS!

Do them and prosper.

Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am awful when it comes to calf workout.. I hate doing my legs.

GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I train them every other day!

GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhostlyMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is that too often??

One of my boys said once a week is enough. Though I ain't buying it

AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) AwesomeStranger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hate doing leg workouts like 90% of all people whom workout, but I believe I can handle this...

ImDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread has helped me a lot. Went from having negative calves to actually having a little something. I've been having a problem with my left achilles lately, though. It really keeps me from doing too much on my calves. I severely sprained my ankle/foot several months ago so I'm not sure if it's a lingering effect or if it's something else.

chuckyday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chuckyday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    my favorite way to train em is in the 45 leg press. last week i started with knees slightly bent and when i couldnt do anymore i just locked them out and started using the major muscles. did an 80 reps at 270 and god dayum did that kill. felt good.

CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CJ426 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great thread
    The Curse Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147623923

jerryboy321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any particular workouts you would suggest? For bigger calves

Drilldawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Inner gastroc is lagging behind outer, what foot position would I use to target that side for more growth? Toes in or out?

ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Drilldawg View Post
    Inner gastroc is lagging behind outer, what foot position would I use to target that side for more growth? Toes in or out?
    I believe toes in would target the outer calves

ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejWU21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Question for calf training brahs........now that im lifting heavier on calf raises and seated raises, my soles hurt like hell when i do calves. I wear bball shoes at the gym, is there a different type of shoe or insole i can use to perform raises without having to focus more on my soles hurting than my calves burning? hah

sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do standing calf press on the smith machine three sets 185 pounds 12 to 16 repetitions and that is it. Is this enough for calf? Should I supplement this lift with calf press on leg machine and superset them.
    We have a calf press machine in the gym but i don't like it. It is neither like seated calf machine nor standing, but angled at 30 degrees which is most uncomfortable position u can imagine

Please help

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try seated calf rasie with knee wraps- blood flow resistance/ occlusion. Awesome pump and felling in muscle

sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grahulino View Post
    Try seated calf rasie with knee wraps- blood flow resistance/ occlusion. Awesome pump and felling in muscle
    Is this exercise performed while seated in a bench ?

magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnito007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    5 stars

ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironpump12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel since calves are a small muscle you can train them twice a week and do your heaviest calve workout on a non leg day to make sure they get one good workout in per week.

kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevoq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post and tips. I know it probably doesn't make much of a difference but I have been doing my calf workout after 20 minutes of jumping rope. I figured fatigue initial then hit them hard. Just curious if I would benefit more with hitting them hard weight wise then finishing off with jump rope?

printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) printingray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to work 18 hours a day and a little time for rest. Is doing exercise in rest of time good for me or harmful for my body?

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sameaha View Post
    Is this exercise performed while seated in a bench ?
    seated calf raise.