Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) guido4life has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    totally

AveAve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AveAve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AveAve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AveAve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are there any exercises that grow your calves that do not require weights, or machines?- you know, that you can just do at home

VERIKA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good workout! thanks! ill grow my calves because mines are tiny..

koeppbrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have heard a lot that the speed of lifting with your calves may be very important, if you lift calves too fast in your reps your Achilles tendon may be taking the blunt of the beating i have learned slow control reps are the best for maximum gains.

On day 5/ Week 1 of Kris Gethin's Transformation he references what i am saying.
    Watch the video Kris talks about what i am saying.

B

TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000) TheDesertFox is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't know if this been asked before but I have some heavy resistance bands and I was wondering how effective would these bands be when performing the tibialis anterior exercise. Think they can do the job for now?
    Last edited by TheDesertFox; 05-09-2011 at 02:27 PM.

bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) bunchacrunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Question on the seated calf curls as seen in the first post (the one with the dumbbell between your feet): When I do these I feel a lot of pressure on my shins. Is this normal?

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bunchacrunch View Post
    Question on the seated calf curls as seen in the first post (the one with the dumbbell between your feet): When I do these I feel a lot of pressure on my shins. Is this normal?
    yes, that is the muscle that is supposed to be worked by that exercise.
    i'm hungry

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AveAve View Post
    are there any exercises that grow your calves that do not require weights, or machines?- you know, that you can just do at home
    Single leg calf raises, do them on the bottom step so you can get a deep stretch. Need a little more weight? Wear a backpack with some books in it.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheInsan1ty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is really helpfully! I have been able to get my calves shaped, but now as I have started to work on getting them bigger, I am going to put your words into movement, Let's see if works, thanks for the thread, helps out alot of people.
    "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me' "

New weekly BodyBlog, Check it out: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/TheInsan1ty/

akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akc1566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It Seems Working These Muscles Is Commonly Overlooked

Doing those calf raises definitely leaves some soreness, but it does show some results. These are especially beneficial for runners; doing a holistic working of the quads, hamstrings, and calves if vital to push back against the constant shock delivered to legs courtesy of road running. Building these muscles up is something that unfortunately seems to get overlooked quite often.

jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100) jacobo1156 is not very well liked. (-100)

I totally agree

I have always tried to grow my calves but recently I have been doing the supersets like you said but I also work them out about 3 days a week and saw some solid growth in the last two months

VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VAG2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

no probs

Big calves don't bother me. But I train them once every 10- 13 days with extreme intensity, my last set I usally train them with no weight single footed raises. After each the set I dance around in pain. But I do see progress.

drisco20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the shape of your calves has to do with the actual biomechanics of your leg... see a chiropractor!

Registered User TeenWeightLifta's Avatar
    TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenWeightLifta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AveAve View Post
    You could probly do 1 legged locked out standing calf raises but you sort of need weight to add resistance to fully fatigue them. If you have dumbells Or BB's, Encorporate them into it.
    It's not an obsession, It's a lifestyle

Definition of Jesus Christ - Lord of Lords & King Of Kings
    And thats an under statement.

photoboy1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    calves are my achillies heel, I have put more effort there than anywhere!
    and i still look like a Sparrow if i relax my gut.

LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) LukeAaron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nice man good thread! calves are definitely one of the main areas i need work on, for calves having a low/mid rep day (4-6) and a high rep day (12-15) seems to be working okay for me

Connatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some great advice in this thread. Thanks!

ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50) ranDOMED will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    donkey calf raises are my fav. i like super high reps(20+) and usually 4-5 sets. the key is extreme intensity with calves and full ROM! dont half ass it or you will get half ass'd calves. pretty simple

oh yah use the leg press machine for calves. i guarantee you will be hurtin like a motha****a in the morning.

ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShadHunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I feed my calves grass there 6 months old and 136lbs one a girl and ones a boy.

tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a huge fan of volume and drop setting, though I may not do it every workout, but I love to get an agonizing pump when I am done training my calves.
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder

My official fanbook page: https://www.********.com/home.php#!/pages/IFPA-PRO-Ty-Dinh/149463188455189

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TyDin

twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50) twidup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my standard routine when I do it is the following

standing calf raises : warm ups : 250 x 20/ 350 x 20
    work : 495 x 20 x 5/7 last set followed by 250 x failure

seated : warm up 90 x 10/ 135 x 10
    work 180 or 225 x 10-15 x 5 sets

straight legged seated : 90 x 20/ 135 x 20
    work : 180/225 x 30ish x 4/6...always pushing the last set or two to failure

really wish I could find a gym in london with a straight legged seat calf press...doing them on a leg press isnt the same
    Cur / Goal March 15, 2011
    wgt 210 / 195

bf 16.3 / 12

Miigi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok i have a little "problem" sorry for kinda hijacking this thread but i don't think it really needs a new thread.

I trained my calves 2 days ago (standing raise) 220*10, 308*10, 330*10*2...and since yesterday when i flex them without putting weight on my leg i.e angle my foot and flex them i can flex the right muscle without problems and hold it until i feel a cramp creeping up, the left leg on the other hand i have to strain and work just to flex the muscle and it's gone after a second...now is this just some sort of over training (i have a slighty skewed hip so one leg is a tiny bit shorter (the ammount is so tiny i don't even remember which one it is) on the left leg or could it be "something wrong" i am not sore and have no pain to suggest something might be ####ed up.

I know it's hard to sorta diagnose something just by description....but maybe someone had/has similar problems

tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50) tdinh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I probably would lay off any calf training for 1-2 weeks and try training them again, and if the pain persists, I would def have it looked at.

Originally Posted by Miigi View Post
    Ok i have a little "problem" sorry for kinda hijacking this thread but i don't think it really needs a new thread.

I trained my calves 2 days ago (standing raise) 220*10, 308*10, 330*10*2...and since yesterday when i flex them without putting weight on my leg i.e angle my foot and flex them i can flex the right muscle without problems and hold it until i feel a cramp creeping up, the left leg on the other hand i have to strain and work just to flex the muscle and it's gone after a second...now is this just some sort of over training (i have a slighty skewed hip so one leg is a tiny bit shorter (the ammount is so tiny i don't even remember which one it is) on the left leg or could it be "something wrong" i am not sore and have no pain to suggest something might be ####ed up.

I know it's hard to sorta diagnose something just by description....but maybe someone had/has similar problems
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder

My official fanbook page: https://www.********.com/home.php#!/pages/IFPA-PRO-Ty-Dinh/149463188455189

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TyDin

Miigi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tdinh View Post
    I probably would lay off any calf training for 1-2 weeks and try training them again, and if the pain persists, I would def have it looked at.
    Don't have any pain....there isn't anything wrong other than beeing unable to flex and hold it that's what's so weird to me.

Guess it's just over training just feels weird to me since it remembers me of the time i cut a tendon in my hand which didn't hurt aswell (well it "hurt" like cut skin hurts but not like it would suggest a cut tendon...which according to the doc isn't supposed to hurt ;P) and i didn't think anything was really wrong until i noticed blood dripping on the floor and me beeing unable to get my finger up ;P
    Last edited by Miigi; 05-26-2011 at 05:30 PM.

coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats some cool stuff

coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coola426 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks man really helped

sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sabid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks guys

BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BenGrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, cool stuff! I broke my leg when I was 14 and my right calf is still slightly smaller than my left one... time to even it up!
    David HaMelech Yisrael Chai VeKayam!

DirtyRiver23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

wow I couldn't have seen this at a better time. I have a leg workout today.

ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ab1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great post bro, really need to start hitting my calves hard.