disease90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

16 year-old basketball player needs help!

So this is my situation...
    I am a high school athlete and I am in my Junior year. I am only getting reqruited by 2 universities at the moment for a chance to get a free ride and play College ball. When I had a talk with both the coaches, they said the same thing to me, hit the weight room...
    6'ft, 185 pounds, play point pg and sg, I have a loose stomach fat and skinny arms.

My problems...

1. First I would like to adress that I have a gut. Looking at me you wouldn't say that I am fat, or that I have a gut, when i have my t-shirt on. However, when I lift my shirt and expose my stomach, I have loose fat that jiggles. It doesnt really limit the way I play on the court, I can run fast and I have a vertical, but the ideal athlete has basically no stomach fat so i would like to get rid of it. I used to be really fat in junior high, and then i stated playing basketball that caused me to lose weight. My first question how, how do i lose this fat and gain a flat stomach and get my abdominals to show. My coach talked about P90 something, a DVD he could give me. Any of you know about that?

I read on the website...
    Q: How do I get visible abs?
    A: You have to drop your body fat to see your abs. Forget about mindless repetitions of crunches. You can't spot reduce fat, you have to drop your overall fat level through proper nutrition.

Through Proper Nutrition, but should I be doing Cardio such as running everyday and how long? I want to lose this stomach fat badly. What can I do?

2. I need to learn some proper excersises. I want to get big biceps. I started working out for the first time, 2 months ago, but i see no results.

Im trying to get nice biceps and shoulders. ive been doing curls and lifting heavy weights but it seem my biceps arent getting bigger.

What are some nice ecsersises for the upper-body. I have low-body already figured out.

4. What type of Diet should a basketball player follow?

d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d423 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol that sucks this was not responded to.. well i'll try to help you out.

1. Its called p90x and it's an at home dvd workout for 3 months, its really effective you do an hour of the required exercises each day, and if you search p90x results on youtube, alot of people have used it and got amazing results.

b) that's true about the abs thing, but you also want to build your ab muscles so when you do lose body fat, they are able to show properly. To lose body fat you should be eating healthier and working out on a deficit, also do alot of weight training to replace the fat, so ur not some skinny tool.

2. dumbells curls should do you good, and if you have no progress over 2 months, the weight youre using is too light. As for shoulders, a basic one is shoulder press with dumbell.

3?

4. Theres no specific diets for basketball players, but since your goal is to reduce body fat and gain muscle, try to restrict your calories and get in at least 40% protein everyday, with 30% carbs (or maybe more since you do alot of cardio, being a bball player) and 30% fats.

B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    uhhhm no b ball expert here, but as far as the exercise and shizz, stop worying about biceps so much and focus on lifting heavy weights and doing compound movements. ie bench, deads, squats, pull ups, row ect... if u wanna do p90x go for it, can't hurt, but if i were u i'd work more on agility drills and what not w/ ur b ball coach to get u quiker, change direction better ect...

as for diet, ur not really gonna be able to get a lot leaner while gaining, soooooooo i'd stick to a bit over maintance cals, w/ a good mix of protein, fats and carbs. don't worry about how u look so much, as apposed to how u play. ya dig?