JonhC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please serious help needed, dont want to become a girly men, help!

ok, I have some stuff to write about, I would seriously appreciate your help and time to read this post, so thank you in advance. I'm not english, my native language is Portuguese so I hope I can make myself clear. And apologyze for any semantic mistakes.

So here is the "thing", I'm 23, and was a lazy ass, but I said no more, I'm over with the girl man inside of me, from now on, pain would be just weakness leaving my body, nothing would stop me!

So i jumped off my lazzy ass and went to a gym, this was six months ago, and I started reading and learning and experimenting, I started with 170lbs and what I would guess a 20% body fat if not more. When I started I could do 0 chin ups, 4 months later I was with 180 libs, pulling almost* 10 chin ups in the first set... I would say a fake 9/10... life was great, my shoulders where bigger then ever, my pecs where starting to show... In one word, I got addicted to the gym... so I became a man on a mission, I can see myself and how I want to look like... but then problems arrived.

first off I'm in overtraining most likely, I train 4 to 6 times per week, my routine ? I have no routine.... this last 2 months I lost track of routines and dropped from 180 to 175 libs, whyle my bf% incresead for sure, I would guess I'm at 16 - 17% bf%.... (there was a time i almost could see my upper abs..sniff)

I think this happened when i dropped nano vapor and started taking lipo 6x, I wanted definition, so I change from 8 to 12 rep sets to 15 to 20 rep sets with lower weights and post workout sprinting or interval training....the result ? i was benc pressing easily sets of 10 reps of 155 libs and now im struggling and failing to make 10 reps on the first set of 155 libs.... damm.. basicly I got no definition whatsoever and lost a bunch of muscle in my pecs and shoulders, I did gain some definition on my back, but instead of getting a V shape know I have an S shape, like... my dorsal points out in a peek... I also lost chin up power...remember I was going for the 10 rep goal ? haha... I'm a looooser..know I'm making only 6 to 7 reps on the first set...and I feel so unmotivated training that i usually only do 5...

I used to be so PUMPED and motivatd I used to call bad names in my mind to the machines and iron and fight them off to squeeze one more rep, I would usually think to myself "you BIG MOTHER F*cker, YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME",hhaaarrghhh, bang...one more rep sequuezed... now, I go into the gym pumped up and motivated, and after 1 exercise or 2 I get totally wasted and just want to go home... I crawl myself to the end of the workout.. I cant keep up with intensity, if i try to be intense with low resting time between sets and exercises I *where off* much sooner and end up having to lower the weights to complete the workout...much lower weights... I was doing flyes with 40libs... now I'm doing them with 25 !!!! man... I seriously feel like crying...

another problem... no training partner...my friends are all pussys... if I want to train consistently I have to go in alone... this doesnt really bothers me, the only problem is i end up with no spotters...so sometimes I want to train hard and I cant cause I have no one to keep me from dying crushed by a barbell....

another problem... my gym is a girly men metrosexual pussy gym... I have no power rack, no raised calfs, no seated row.... so I have to do inclined and declined and squats on the crappy smith machine...arrrg...no I can't change gym, I must adapt somehow...

Ok, so what I'm gonna do right now!

Food log, gonna keep track of what I eat, I was advised for this diet -> 60% protein, 30% carbs and 10% fats, my goal is to get more definition, more quality muscle mass but still gaining muscle mass not losing.

also, I'm going for this stack (nano vapor, noxplode and sp250 is sh*t) Jack3d, animal pak, gaspari myofusion, xtend and optimums casein protein.

regarding protein/meals, I was reading to take it has following,

eat a meal every 3 hours, 30m (advise on this timing) follow the meal with a whey shake, 2 hours after the meal, a casein shake. (goal is to keep protein synthesis up, protein breakdown down)

regarding carbs, I was thinking in the morning oats with milk ? or maybe mueslli with milk ? (do I have to boil the oats? cause I like it better with cold milk, does the milk has to be low fat or can it be medium fat? ) also, should i add up some egg whites to my breakfast ? togheter with the breakfast should I take the animal pak ?

still on the carbs, after workout some pasta ? or rice ? or sweet potatoes? with some turkey or chicken roasted beef ? I was thinking 70 to 100 gr os pasta/rice ?

I'm thinking 300gr protein per day + 150 gr carbs + how much fat and from wich sources ?

bed time casein with low fat milk ? 35 gr ?

I was advised to not eat/drink more then 35gr of protein per service cause its bad to the liver and raises amonia levels, so if im to do the timing on meal+ whey shake + casein shake how would I conjugate the quantities of protein?

also, am I a beginner or a novice? wich training routine should I take ? I want definition and some muscle, 3 to 5libs of lean mass per month would be awesome, can I achieve this ? with a calorie diet of 1800 ? cause 1800 calories would be 300gr protein + 150 gr carbs + 20gr of fat ? how would I lay the meal plan trought the day and combining with the whey/casein shakes and post workout carbs for glicogen ?

I read that to few carbs would raise cortisol and really f*ck me... I'm probably high on cortisol right now... and low on testosterone/ high estrogen ? maybe thats why I have been regressing on results..."overtraining"

so I was thinking:

Monday - Back and Biceps 4 sets 3 sets
    Tuesday - Chest and Triceps 4 sets 3 sets
    Weds - Shoulders and Traps 4 sets 3 a 4 exercicios
    Thursday- Legs
    Friday - Off
    Saturday- (same has monday)
    Sunday - off (gym is closed)

is this good ? do I really need a "just" leg day and a just "shoulders" day ? isnt it to much time between should training ?

My goals by preference would be: shoulders(deltoids) - abs/pectoral - glutes - dorsal - leg definition

what workout do you advise ?

I'm very commited, I want to train, I want results... I'm getting confused and unmotivated... I really hope Jack3d and Xtend bring me something of help...

Please help, please help make a champion

I have no one to help me out and no one to relly on, I live in a small crappy town where people would consider bodybuilders freaks and ugly f*ucks... personally, I love muscle, and I want some!!!

can someone share theyre msn or aim with me and follow up my progress to see if im doing it right or something ?

well folks... this is my last resort if I'm ever gonna make it to bodbuilder status...

My very best regards, I big hug from Portugal, and a happy new year to all!

EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EJ1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    god damn charles dickens would be proud to see this wall of text

gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all, i would start by taking a week off to give your body a rest.

As for programs, start with rippetoes to gain some strength

if your goal is to cut, do some cardio on the side.

you have good choice in supps

try your best to get in a gym with a power rack, it will help you a ****ton brah

since you wanna cut, eat foods such as oats, lean meats, rice, ect ect. pb and olive oil in moderation, you can drink egg whites too.

best of luck dude

see...

see... now im confused again dammit,

Carbs And Protein Ratio
    Carbs are very important for bulking and cutting. You must always have more carbs than protein in your diet UNLESS YOU ARE ON KETO. If you have more protein than carbs, it will cause your body to use the protein for energy, and nobody wants that. I never used a keto diet but it works for some and doesn't work for others. A 50c/30p/20f ratio great for bulking, a 40c/30p/30f ratio is great for cutting, and make sure that you stay away from alcohol and table sugar.

i read it here at bb.com forums -> showthread.php?t=120615291

so what I was advised is wrong??? :S

also, if im to take jack3d 30m before training, should I take 1 hour before training oats and egg whites and milk (if training in the morning) and a tomato / tunna salad 1 hour before jacked (in training in the afternoon) ?

*gasp * help

thank you

Originally Posted by gonnebehuge View Post
    First of all, i would start by taking a week off to give your body a rest.

As for programs, start with rippetoes to gain some strength

if your goal is to cut, do some cardio on the side.

you have good choice in supps

try your best to get in a gym with a power rack, it will help you a ****ton brah

since you wanna cut, eat foods such as oats, lean meats, rice, ect ect. pb and olive oil in moderation, you can drink egg whites too.

best of luck dude
    thank you very much for your time and advice friend

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JonhC View Post
    ok, I have some stuff to write about, I would seriously appreciate your help and time to read this post, so thank you in advance. I'm not english, my native language is Portuguese so I hope I can make myself clear. And apologyze for any semantic mistakes.

So here is the "thing", I'm 23, and was a lazy ass, but I said no more, I'm over with the girl man inside of me, from now on, pain would be just weakness leaving my body, nothing would stop me!

So i jumped off my lazzy ass and went to a gym, this was six months ago, and I started reading and learning and experimenting, I started with 170lbs and what I would guess a 20% body fat if not more. When I started I could do 0 chin ups, 4 months later I was with 180 libs, pulling almost* 10 chin ups in the first set... I would say a fake 9/10... life was great, my shoulders where bigger then ever, my pecs where starting to show... In one word, I got addicted to the gym... so I became a man on a mission, I can see myself and how I want to look like... but then problems arrived.

first off I'm in overtraining most likely, I train 4 to 6 times per week, my routine ? I have no routine.... this last 2 months I lost track of routines and dropped from 180 to 175 libs, whyle my bf% incresead for sure, I would guess I'm at 16 - 17% bf%.... (there was a time i almost could see my upper abs..sniff)

I think this happened when i dropped nano vapor and started taking lipo 6x, I wanted definition, so I change from 8 to 12 rep sets to 15 to 20 rep sets with lower weights and post workout sprinting or interval training....the result ? i was benc pressing easily sets of 10 reps of 155 libs and now im struggling and failing to make 10 reps on the first set of 155 libs.... damm.. basicly I got no definition whatsoever and lost a bunch of muscle in my pecs and shoulders, I did gain some definition on my back, but instead of getting a V shape know I have an S shape, like... my dorsal points out in a peek... I also lost chin up power...remember I was going for the 10 rep goal ? haha... I'm a looooser..know I'm making only 6 to 7 reps on the first set...and I feel so unmotivated training that i usually only do 5...

I used to be so PUMPED and motivatd I used to call bad names in my mind to the machines and iron and fight them off to squeeze one more rep, I would usually think to myself "you BIG MOTHER F*cker, YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME",hhaaarrghhh, bang...one more rep sequuezed... now, I go into the gym pumped up and motivated, and after 1 exercise or 2 I get totally wasted and just want to go home... I crawl myself to the end of the workout.. I cant keep up with intensity, if i try to be intense with low resting time between sets and exercises I *where off* much sooner and end up having to lower the weights to complete the workout...much lower weights... I was doing flyes with 40libs... now I'm doing them with 25 !!!! man... I seriously feel like crying...

another problem... no training partner...my friends are all pussys... if I want to train consistently I have to go in alone... this doesnt really bothers me, the only problem is i end up with no spotters...so sometimes I want to train hard and I cant cause I have no one to keep me from dying crushed by a barbell....

another problem... my gym is a girly men metrosexual pussy gym... I have no power rack, no raised calfs, no seated row.... so I have to do inclined and declined and squats on the crappy smith machine...arrrg...no I can't change gym, I must adapt somehow...

Ok, so what I'm gonna do right now!

Food log, gonna keep track of what I eat, I was advised for this diet -> 60% protein, 30% carbs and 10% fats, my goal is to get more definition, more quality muscle mass but still gaining muscle mass not losing.

also, I'm going for this stack (nano vapor, noxplode and sp250 is sh*t) Jack3d, animal pak, gaspari myofusion, xtend and optimums casein protein.

regarding protein/meals, I was reading to take it has following,

eat a meal every 3 hours, 30m (advise on this timing) follow the meal with a whey shake, 2 hours after the meal, a casein shake. (goal is to keep protein synthesis up, protein breakdown down)

regarding carbs, I was thinking in the morning oats with milk ? or maybe mueslli with milk ? (do I have to boil the oats? cause I like it better with cold milk, does the milk has to be low fat or can it be medium fat? ) also, should i add up some egg whites to my breakfast ? togheter with the breakfast should I take the animal pak ?

still on the carbs, after workout some pasta ? or rice ? or sweet potatoes? with some turkey or chicken roasted beef ? I was thinking 70 to 100 gr os pasta/rice ?

I'm thinking 300gr protein per day + 150 gr carbs + how much fat and from wich sources ?

bed time casein with low fat milk ? 35 gr ?

I was advised to not eat/drink more then 35gr of protein per service cause its bad to the liver and raises amonia levels, so if im to do the timing on meal+ whey shake + casein shake how would I conjugate the quantities of protein?

also, am I a beginner or a novice? wich training routine should I take ? I want definition and some muscle, 3 to 5libs of lean mass per month would be awesome, can I achieve this ? with a calorie diet of 1800 ? cause 1800 calories would be 300gr protein + 150 gr carbs + 20gr of fat ? how would I lay the meal plan trought the day and combining with the whey/casein shakes and post workout carbs for glicogen ?

I read that to few carbs would raise cortisol and really f*ck me... I'm probably high on cortisol right now... and low on testosterone/ high estrogen ? maybe thats why I have been regressing on results..."overtraining"

so I was thinking:

Thursday- Legs
    Friday - Off

is this good ? do I really need a "just" leg day and a just "shoulders" day ? isnt it to much time between should training ?

My goals by preference would be: shoulders(deltoids) - abs/pectoral - glutes - dorsal - leg definition

what workout do you advise ?

I'm very commited, I want to train, I want results... I'm getting confused and unmotivated... I really hope Jack3d and Xtend bring me something of help...

Please help, please help make a champion

I have no one to help me out and no one to relly on, I live in a small crappy town where people would consider bodybuilders freaks and ugly f*ucks... personally, I love muscle, and I want some!!!

can someone share theyre msn or aim with me and follow up my progress to see if im doing it right or something ?

well folks... this is my last resort if I'm ever gonna make it to bodbuilder status...

My very best regards, I big hug from Portugal, and a happy new year to all!
    hey man first of all 1 - 20 reps is too much stick to 1-12 or 1-14
    get a routine and keep track of it
    usually when a person rest for a short time period between sets its sometimes good for them it just depends on a persons body you just have to find out hows yours work

no power rack, no raised calfs, no seated row....?
    for calfs you can do you bodyweight calf raises on the edge of a platform or something
    seated rows, you can do dumbell rows, smith machines especially that for back
    power rack that might be a problem

your diet seems fine
    you want to cut out the shakes a bit and take about 2-3 shakes a day.
    one after workout and 1 before bed. the other one you can take if your like to full for the next meal or when your on the go and dont have time

1-2 vitamins a day

the milk part is healthy fat so dont worry about that and yes you want to keep it low.
    having eggs in the morning is good to i eat 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites

for post workout that sounds good like the pasta and stuff yea that sounds good i consume a protein shake and a fruit for simple carbs after im done like a banana or apple

"I was advised to not eat/drink more then 35gr of protein per service cause its bad to the liver and raises amonia levels, so if im to do the timing on meal+ whey shake + casein shake how would I conjugate the quantities of protein?"

again cut out the shakes to 2-3
    anything that goes through your body is bad for your kidneys and liver
    they both cleanse your body
    drink 2 gallons or 4 liters of water a day and you sohuld be good

"I read that to few carbs would raise cortisol and really f*ck me... I'm probably high on cortisol right now... and low on testosterone/ high estrogen ? maybe thats why I have been regressing on results..."overtraining"

cortisol is released when your body has nothing to digest so it goes to eat your muscles. Cortisol is located in your adrenal gland next to the medulla. It links to your brain in the area of the cerebrum and withing the cerebrum theres a part thats called the hypothalamus. That what sends out the signal to your adrenal gland to release that hormone. Carbs, protien, and fats blocks cortisol but if you want to gain muscle then eat more then protein it will block it and you will be okay. If you have low testosterone you would be having these affects

* Loss of Body and Facial Hair
    * Loss of Muscle Mass
    * Hot Flashes
    * Brittle Bones
    * Increased Breast Size
    * Depression

having high estrogen means you will have "b*tch tits"

and btw the reason why i said eat more carbs then protein is because carbs is the main source of energy that our body burn first. If you ate more protein then carbs then your body is going to use the protein as energy first and you dont want that.

Thursday- Legs
    Friday - Off

splits looks good but you might want to switch bicepts with tricepts. Reason why is because when your working on your back it triggers your bi's and after your done working on that part its going to warn out your Bi's so you would be exuasted. samething goes for chest and tri's it triggers it and you would be warn out before you can do tri's. Resting period is good. Legs is good to. Just incase you want to switch it up to feel some good intensity throw in legs with your shoulder day your going to feel a blast. If your bulking up you should do atleast cardio 1 - 3 times per week

and as the post above me said if your a beginner you should try ripptoes. Its an excellent program for beginner strength.

hopefully this is helpful
    if i made a mistake somewhere someone thats reading this besides OP please revise this
    Thank you and have a good day
    Last edited by jimmybody; 12-26-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000) Vinsanity32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was going to read this. But then I carried on with my life.

evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    girly men
    --Plus Est En Vous--

^^Look it up^^

jimmybody

Hi, thanks a lot for your time, yes the tricep back and bicep chest thing was a typo, I was writing it out and thinking on the other, I've been working out chest/b and back tricep, from all the rest again thank you for your time and patience, it really makes a difference.

I'm still not sure about the protein shakes for them to only be 2-3 day, I was thinking of more on 3 to 6, because if the serving size is only in the 35g range, the shakes would make for around 60% of my protein intake (im planning on 300gr day)

the rest I could get from turkey and chicken and milk, or maybe to not overdoo the protein I would go for all the shake with water, keep the milk just for the breakfast and bedtime.

for the other 2 comments on the "i moved on with my life" and "girly men".... well... theres not much to say about them but still, again, thank you for your time. (no sarcasm intended really)

Originally Posted by evedder08 View Post
    girly men
    I might be a "girly men" but I'm on the path of abandoning that lifestyle, while you look like you're embrassing it, at least superman nylon tyght t-shirts and hawain girly necklaces do look like the correct path to girlynessism... jk, btw, great job on your fatloss summer, why would you not share your wisdom and help me out a bit ?

Cheers

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, thanks a lot for your time, yes the tricep back and bicep chest thing was a typo, I was writing it out and thinking on the other, I've been working out chest/b and back tricep, from all the rest again thank you for your time and patience, it really makes a difference.

I'm still not sure about the protein shakes for them to only be 2-3 day, I was thinking of more on 3 to 6, because if the serving size is only in the 35g range, the shakes would make for around 60% of my protein intake (im planning on 300gr day)

the rest I could get from turkey and chicken and milk, or maybe to not overdoo the protein I would go for all the shake with water, keep the milk just for the breakfast and bedtime.

for the other 2 comments on the "i moved on with my life" and "girly men".... well... theres not much to say about them but still, again, thank you for your time. (no sarcasm intended really)
    sounds good dude
    yea i understand what you mean about the protein shakes i used to consume 3 - 6 to until my friends and his mom and dad told him the reason why ( they competed back in the days ) that the reason why is because its not really good for you but when i realized anything is bad for your body. Plus you save more money. If you think about it if you use 2-3 scoops a day, you will be saving extra 3 scoops and with the amount you saved you can buy a lot of tuna and stuff like that. well im just glad i was able to help
    good night and have nice night

reps for being chill

help on article

question

bodybuilding.com/fun/anabolic_nutrition_diet_plan.htm

I was reading that guy, he gives a lot of high claims, thats is sh*t is the real deal,

problem is he defends a high protein high fat low carb diet with 1 or 2 days of carbloading....

2 things here, if your glicogen is low, isnt the body going to turn on aminoacids for energy ? that will create protein breakdown right ? if so, the body will turn on to muscle for energy and we dont want this right ?

The guy says its the oposite, that the body is going for the fat :S

wthell ?

bump*

Maybe I didnt post this in the right section to get help, any ideia where I can post this ?

One Day At A Time.. MadeUnderground's Avatar
    MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe I didnt post this in the right section to get help, any ideia where I can post this ?
    You already got a lot more help than a lot of people do posting in this forum. I'm honestly surprised you got any responses at all with that giant first post.

But anyway if you want more help, your best bet is the Nutrition or Losing Fat forum. If you're 23, I don't know what you're doing in the teen section.

Best of luck obtaining your goals.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an ******* who couldn't sweet talk the princess." - Aesop Rock, "Daylight".

"Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you will ever own." - Baz Luhrmann.