Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

triesHARD - Workout Journal "Journey from gaming whimp to BEAST"

Nothing is impossible; there are ways that lead to everything, and if we had sufficient will we should always have sufficient means. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible. - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
    - Starting Stat
    Date: 12/26/09
    Height: 5'10
    Weight:159lb
    BF: 21.69% *According to linear-software.com using tape measurement method
    Bench: Haven't benched in 3 weeks couldn't tell you.
    Deadlift: Haven't deadlifted in 2 months couldn't tell you
    Squat: Haven't squated in 2 months couldn't tell you
    Curl: 3x10 20lb
    Push-ups: 5x7
    Pull-ups : Couldn't say
    Sit-ups: 100

Supplments:
    12/26 - Nothing at the moment i'm going to see what my gains are without them because i've not plateaued at all yet, but once I do I plan to be taking cyto gainer and multi-vitamans.

Goal:
    12/27/09 - 158lb to 185lb 8 to 10% BF BULK

Work-out Routine(s):

12/26/09 - I'll be doing Rippetoe's strength workout routine for the first month to workout my overall base alot more.

Workout A:
    Squat-3x5
    Bench Press-3x5
    Deadlift-1x5
    *2x8 Dips

Workout B:
    Squat-3x5
    Standing Military Press-3x5
    Power Cleans(or Bent Over Barbell Rows)-3x5
    *2x8 Chinups(palms facing you)

Week 1:
    Day 1: Workout A
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Workout B
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Workout A
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest

Week 2
    Day 1: Workout B
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Workout A
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Workout B
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest
    Diet:
    12/26 -

3000 Calories, 200g protein, 325g Carbs, and 100g Fat. (thanks for the help dballer)
    LOTS LOTS LOTS OF WATER <3

Inspiration:
    12/26/09 - HULK [I'd post the video but I need 30 post lol]

Pictures:
    12/26/09 - Will be up soon

Biography:

At the age of 14 I weighed 200 pounds which obviously was all fat, I decided to lose weight that summer I was working in my uncle's fish store and on south beach diet and by the end of the summer I ended up weighing 150 and it was all from straight dieting didn't work out once and the only physical activity I had was just moving stuff in the back and when all the fish supplies came in through the loading dock helping them move small stuff and play videos games right after work.

I've never let myself get fat again ever since then but still never did any real physical activity I was one of those skinny fat people. Only skinny because I ate kinda right and on the occasion do walks at night.

At the age of 15 I decided to work out I went to the YMCA and worked out for about two weeks had a whole plan but it was all machines and even got WHEY protein. I knew a good amount about dieting because both of my brothers were active members on Bodybuilding.com and so i'd hear them go on and on and on. I ended up stop doing it because I just lost interest because I was homeschool and all I did was play world of warcraft.

At the age of 16 I decided to do jiu-justu because I knew I wasn't a strong kid and had no fighting experience expect like the five fights i've gotten in at school (1:4 ratio on the win/loss lol). So I did it for two months but I wasn't dedicated enough only went to practice two times a week maybe three if i was lucky. But even with the small amount I did it I noticed all of my body fat was getting shreded literally I wasn't getting bigger I was just getting more cut and losing weight because I wasn't eating enough calories at the time. I literally so weak though couldn't even do tosses or flips to my oppents.

Later on I wanted to start working out again I went to the YMCA with two friends of mine who work out alot so I told them i'd start going with them. The one time I went it was a complete embarrassment I couldn't even bench still and because I never did any free weights or anything I had no muscule memory so all my curls and everything was screwy and uneven and I literally had to grab a pussy bar and do squats with it.

At this point I felt like all hope was lost, I was just never meant to be built or even a somewhat strong person. Just a fat kid or a skinny fat kid by dieting.

Until when I first turned 17 on ******** this person I knew was offering personal training for 15$ a week, I remember my brothers telling me that they really didn't get serious until they got a personal trainer and they were just like me at first. So I decided to invest 15$ for 2 months.

When I first went there I literally could not even do three push-ups, didn't even know how to do deadlifts/bench correctly or even do curls without my arms being uneven and shaky and still bearly bench the bar, could bearly do a full set with 15 pound weights. I weighed 180 pounds at, couldn't even run a mile. Everything we did was free-weight, my friend was obviously an un-experienced trainer had me on no diet and we just did random **** but I got all my fundmentals down and obviously ended up getting major gains. By the end of I could bench 90 pounds on the bar, could do squats and deadlifts and atleast 25 pushups and was doing alot of complexs and curl 20 pounds 4x8 but I was smoking majorly and would **** up on eating clean because on the weekends i'd get extremely trashed and eat really ****ty foods.

I knew that there wasn't much room for improvement if I was to keep having him as a personal trainer. So I stopped completely working out with him and went to a neighbhorhood gym because it was completely empty it wasn't big at all but I enjoyed my privacy so much. I didn't have a workout plan at all and it consisted of cardio and bicept curls pretty much and sit-ups my diet was eating random foods and soda 1000-1500 calories and would work-out 3-4 days a week.

I was getting gains but not like in the begining just noticed I was losing weight and getting more cut and my arms were getting a itsy bisty amount but nothing noticable I weighed about 159.

Now this whole month i've been talking about getting on a serious workout plan and diet when I was ready. I am ready to start the road of transforming my body and becoming a beast..
    Last edited by Trieshard; 12-27-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Nothing is impossible; there are ways that lead to everything, and if we had sufficient will we should always have sufficient means. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible. - Francois De La Rochefoucauld

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck dude! go hard! Think big! get swole!

Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trieshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12/27 :

Finally updated my BF and diet, my family found out about me trying to bulk and they aren't the last amount supportive they think i'll turn into a "meat-head" and it's un-attractive.

But to be honest I dont care what anyone has to say and that includes my family. Nothing is going to get in the way of my goal.

Gym is closed today re-construction, so I start tommorw. I'm going to do play some pick-up soccer later so that'll be my cardio for today.

Also thanks for the help dballer =)

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

12/28:

Finally in the gym, funny thing i've got a Y membership and there are two YMCA's literally 5 miles between each other, they both have nice gyms with a good freeweight section and everything but the only difference is one is also an aquatic center =).

Went there and it was empty, I saw another guy in the free-weight section =). I've not done deadlifts or squats so today I was just using light-weights and making sure my form was just perfect, the other guy I saw in there I asked him for some advice and he watched my form and said i was perfect.

Workout today:
    - 10 min pre-workout cardio *5.0 speed 0% incline*
    -4x5 Squat 95lb
    -3x8 Deadlift 135lb
    -3x8 DB Rows 20lb
    -2x10 Bicep Curls 20lb

Diet:
    Woke up around 1pm
    1st Meal : Rice/Beans/Turkey a banana on the side and a bun roll (No chicken at home so it had to do.)
    *Waited an hour then worked out*
    2nd Meal: Rice/Beans/Chicken/Onions/Green Peppers/Lettuce (Chiptole Bowl with chicken)
    3rd MealThis was an accident lol haha: Small Vanilla Milkshake

Drank a good atleast 64 fluid ounces of water today so that was good =)

Thoughts
    Good day, good form and it's gonna take dedication and time. Also i'm happy if I start lifting i'm gonna stop smoking weed it's a motivator or I wont smoke anything until i'm done working out and done with my day.

Also stay away from alcohol!

Inspiration: "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."
    Last edited by Trieshard; 12-28-2009 at 09:11 PM.

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep it going man, looks interesting
    On My Way

12/29:

Woke up at 12:20pm, got on the computer checked some stuff then went to go eat then go workout, I was kinda nervous because i've not benched in forever and never with a spotter and a military press without someone there.

Been drinking a **** load of water lately that's been good, i've noticed that my skin and body is just feeling better after all the water i've been drinking lately. But went into the gym did everything a old friend of mine who went to college happend to be there so I had him spot me while I was benching, I noticed how wobbly I was at first it was kinda awkward too because everyone around me was ripped who was working including the women but I didn't pay too much attetion and didn't do anything egotstical and put on more weight then I could handle because in the end that'd be real embrassing if I dropped the bar right on my ass or if I injured myself which would prevent from working out in the long run.

Workout:
    - 10 min pre-workout cardio *5.0 speed 0% incline*
    - 1x5 Bench Press 95lb *I wrote down the workout wrong, it was supposed to be 4x5 haha*.
    - 3x8 Military Press 70lb
    - 3x8 Tricep Isolation *Overhead Dumbell Exetensions 15lb*
    - 2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps *2x15 Calf Raises 40lb* *2x15 Knee Raises*

Diet:
    1st meal: Rice/Chicken/Onions/Tomatoes
    Workout
    2nd Meal: Rice/Beans/Chicken/Onions/Green Peppers/Lettuce (Chiptole Bowl with chicken)
    *I've not aten anything else yet today i'll edit the rest by the end of the night*.

Thoughts:
    My bench and military press are extremely bad, infact on the last set of the military press I just did the bar because I was so tired but that could because I was expermenting on what weight. But it wasn't an assisted bench or military thing anything so that was good I suppose. But it doesn't discourage me only motivates me and shows what I gotta put the extra effort in.

Also my wrist are small as **** haha <3

Inspiration:
    Dick and Rick Hoyt *Watched the video this morning, it just proves that anything can be done if you put your mind too it.*

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

12/30:
    First Off-Day

I feel a little bit sore but wanna hit the gym, I got to bed real late last night about 6am was at a party, didn't drink though only smoke. I woke up at 4:30pm so I got some good sleep, I cleaned my room and got something to eat and have been drinking alot of water since i've woken up. Going clubbing in a few hours so I guess it'll be off-day cardio *lol*. Everythings going good so far, I cant wait till the future like 3 months from now it'll be interesting how much improvement and progress i've made. To me this is a experiment but not just one that it ends at a certain time one that just starts the change of my life style =).

Diet:
    1st Meal: Chicken/Rice/Black Beans/Onions/Banana
    2nd Meal: *Just ate will update the rest of the meals later.*

Inspiration: Changing my life for the better.

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50) lawlz_xD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good start bro, I wish you the best of luck. Like you I was benching the bar and squatting/deadlifting girl weights (no offense). Keep at it, glad that you have started to workout with a proper diet/routine, I wasted 4 months with the latter. I did not take much though to dieting and could care less until recently. Think about it this way. It is 100% training, and 100% diet.
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157004593

Originally Posted by lawlz_xD View Post
    Good start bro, I wish you the best of luck. Like you I was benching the bar and squatting/deadlifting girl weights (no offense). Keep at it, glad that you have started to workout with a proper diet/routine, I wasted 4 months with the latter. I did not take much though to dieting and could care less until recently. Think about it this way. It is 100% training, and 100% diet.
    Haha I completely take no offense mate , I understand this is what I get for being a skinny fat person most of my life haha.

Everyone's gotta start everywhere =)

R-R-R-OGER THAT!

12/31:

First off happy new years everyone, this is gonna be short just because im gonna getting ready right now for new years partying. Today was a good day I set my alarm to 11 but I suprisingly woke up early at 10:30 went to publix got an ultimate sub and then did some **** and worked out.

Workout
    Day 3
    4x5 Deadlifts: 155lb
    3x8 Pullups: *I couldn't find a pull-up bar only an assist chin-up bar, I only was able to 20 I literally couldn't do anymore.*
    3x8 Leg Press: 175lb
    2x10 Biceps Curls: 20lb each arm

Thoughts: I use dumbells for my bicep curls, the 20lb is starting to feel really easy to do my sets now. I've been thinking about switching to the bicep curl bar instead of the dumbells I personally like it more but I feel like my left arm is lacking compared to my right arm. So I like using the dumbells so I feel like I can focus equally and if I used to bar I feel like my right arm would make up for my left arm.

I need opinions on it though so if you guys could that it would be helpful =)

Good deadlifts, it was a hard to get through but that's exactly what I loved about it.

Good Legpress I felt like I could have done another set easily, so next time i'm gonna bump up the weight more. I just didn't wanna push it because this is my first time doing leg presses on this workout routine.

Diet:
    1st Meal: Ultimate Sub on Wheat with ham, turkey, roast beef & Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and green pepper and mustard*
    *I probably wont be completing the rest of my diet since it's new years but im gonna try to eat good*.

Thoughts: I'm feeling good, i'm gonna get real drunk tonight so my body is gonna hate this and probably my journal haha =).

Happy New Years BB.com 2010 <3

R-R-R-OGER THAT!