Boston-72 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Defensive Line Workout?

Hey I was just looking for a workout I can consistantly use for a Defensive Line Workout
    My stats are -
    6'2" 265 lbs. Weight Goal - 275 lbs.
    Bench - 255 lbs. Goal - 315 lbs.
    Squat - 365 lbs. Goal - 450 lbs.
    Power Clean - 205 lbs. Goal - 275 lbs.
    40 Time - 5.1 Goal - High 4.7-Low 4.8

I'm looking for a workout I can use alot about 5 days a week probably split Mon./Tue./Thur./Fri. with a minor workout on Saturday. I have about 6-7 months left to get ready for College. Played Offensive Gaurd but would like to switch to DL. I want to reach all my goals by June.

NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Boston-72 View Post
    Hey I was just looking for a workout I can consistantly use for a Defensive Line Workout
    My stats are -

I'm looking for a workout I can use alot about 5 days a week probably split Mon./Tue./Thur./Fri. with a minor workout on Saturday. I have about 6-7 months left to get ready for College. Played Offensive Gaurd but would like to switch to DL. I want to reach all my goals by June.
    bill starr's 5x5 is prolly your best bet.. Its a 3 days a week split. Don't do anything to it its like it is for a reason. Cosume lots of proteins and get rid of your junk food and you should be able to get some of your goals. Did you go on a scholarship? What school? And if you don't mind how was your gpa?
    Squat:500
    Bench: 355
    C/J:290

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

Originally Posted by NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN View Post
    bill starr's 5x5 is prolly your best bet.. Its a 3 days a week split. Don't do anything to it its like it is for a reason. Cosume lots of proteins and get rid of your junk food and you should be able to get some of your goals. Did you go on a scholarship? What school? And if you don't mind how was your gpa?
    Ok cool I'll check it out, No I'm not going on any scholarship I'm hoping to walk-on at maybe like a small D-2 college and work my way up to a bigger college, I want to go to Old Dominion badly, still waitin on my application reply, its a D-1-II school so I don't know
    my gpa is a 2.8

NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok cool I'll check it out, No I'm not going on any scholarship I'm hoping to walk-on at maybe like a small D-2 college and work my way up to a bigger college, I want to go to Old Dominion badly, still waitin on my application reply, its a D-1-II school so I don't know
    my gpa is a 2.8
    Just search it on google you'll find everything you need. Good luck with your goals and your Application. I was just wondering. My GPA is around the same.

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

Ok cool thanks man, you planin on playin somewhere?

Ok cool thanks man, you planin on playin somewhere?
    If someone picks me up. Right now I'm getting looked at by a few D-1 schools, but not very heavily recruited by any of them. USF and Clemson have came to my games and Penn State requested a highlight tape and full game to look at.
    I probably won't get to go anywhere without a full ride but I would really like to go play somewhere.
    If i don't get a scholarship Ill be doing a ROTC scholarship program through college.

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

Thats cool, what position do you play?

Thats cool, what position do you play?
    OG, DE, DT. Wherever they put me. I ussually start at OG/DE and then later move in to OG/DT as the game goes.

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

OG, DE, DT. Wherever they put me. I ussually start at OG/DE and then later move in to OG/DT as the game goes.
    Ok I gotcha, yeah I just started at OG, but I wish they would have let me play D-Line too, my coaches were really against playin peple two ways, the only time they did do it was last year with our Quarterback who also played DB and went to UVA as a WR

Ok I gotcha, yeah I just started at OG, but I wish they would have let me play D-Line too, my coaches were really against playin peple two ways, the only time they did do it was last year with our Quarterback who also played DB and went to UVA as a WR
    ya are school is really small so we play whoever we need to both ways and just stay conditioned enough to do it.

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

yeah my school has about 1700 Kids

FalvoPS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From a former college football player

My stats are -

Ok. There are a few things you need to know about walking into camp your first day before you go into training and goals. First and foremost, the coaches are going to look at your body composition. They can deal with a kid who is weak as long as he's in good shape. They will make you strong. You need to have good speed and stamina. I played offensive guard my last two years of college at 280 and 292. I did so while running a 4.71 40, bench pressing 440, squatting 550, deadlifting 610 and power cleaning 225 17 times with good form and explosion. It wasn't easy getting there and weights alone are not enough.

Let's analyze your goals 1 by 1.

Weight Goal: Forget your weight goals. Whatever it is, they'll have a different plan for you. I went to school to play fullback or linebacker, but because I had some o-line experience, I got moved. In addition, they saw I had the potential and frame to put weight on. You can have a goal in mind, but I promise you, they'll change it. They'll also move you to where tey think you'll best benefit their needs.

Bench Goal: a 5x5 program is nice if you're looking to power lift, but you need to have power, strength and hand speed. Especially hand speed to play d-line. I suggest the usual bench press, starting with a 5x5 program but tappering off over time and including supplementary work like dumbbell poppers, incline dumbbells bench, floor presses, rack presses, and if you have access to one, a jammer work out.

Squat Goal: If you want to work on your squat strength and over all leg strength you need to do front squats, box squats, and back squats. Focus on free weights (no smith machine squats). Jump squat help build power as well. Squats also aren't enough. I suggest lunges, leg extensions and leg press. Deadlift will become a part of your routine in college as well. I highly suggest you learn good deadlift form and start deadlifting now.

Power Clean Goal: Power cleans are an exercise that the weight doesn't mean a thing. Its a "power" exercise. Repetitions and form mean more to college coaches than weight does. Linemen (defensive and offensive) are expected to be able to do sets of up to 15 with good form with up to 225lbs. A 1 rep max with power cleans is absolutely pointless. In addition, I would suggest learning to do clean and jerks. They help build power and will greatly assist you when you play d-line.

40 Time: Foot speed is very very important. Agilitieswill help improve foot speed. I also suggest a runner parachute, running stairs, and doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) running on a track. This will help with your 40 speed significantly, I guarantee it. I lowered my 40 time by .1 after a month of this type of training.

All of my suggestions are the absolute basics. The biggest part of all of it is educating yourself and working very hard. Push until you feel like you're going to vomit. Then throw up and get back to working. I promise you, its not easy to get ready for football camp at the collegiate level.

Originally Posted by FalvoPS View Post
    Ok. There are a few things you need to know about walking into camp your first day before you go into training and goals. First and foremost, the coaches are going to look at your body composition. They can deal with a kid who is weak as long as he's in good shape. They will make you strong. You need to have good speed and stamina. I played offensive guard my last two years of college at 280 and 292. I did so while running a 4.71 40, bench pressing 440, squatting 550, deadlifting 610 and power cleaning 225 17 times with good form and explosion. It wasn't easy getting there and weights alone are not enough.

Weight Goal: Forget your weight goals. Whatever it is, they'll have a different plan for you. I went to school to play fullback or linebacker, but because I had some o-line experience, I got moved. In addition, they saw I had the potential and frame to put weight on. You can have a goal in mind, but I promise you, they'll change it. They'll also move you to where tey think you'll best benefit their needs.

Bench Goal: a 5x5 program is nice if you're looking to power lift, but you need to have power, strength and hand speed. Especially hand speed to play d-line. I suggest the usual bench press, starting with a 5x5 program but tappering off over time and including supplementary work like dumbbell poppers, incline dumbbells bench, floor presses, rack presses, and if you have access to one, a jammer work out.

Squat Goal: If you want to work on your squat strength and over all leg strength you need to do front squats, box squats, and back squats. Focus on free weights (no smith machine squats). Jump squat help build power as well. Squats also aren't enough. I suggest lunges, leg extensions and leg press. Deadlift will become a part of your routine in college as well. I highly suggest you learn good deadlift form and start deadlifting now.

Power Clean Goal: Power cleans are an exercise that the weight doesn't mean a thing. Its a "power" exercise. Repetitions and form mean more to college coaches than weight does. Linemen (defensive and offensive) are expected to be able to do sets of up to 15 with good form with up to 225lbs. A 1 rep max with power cleans is absolutely pointless. In addition, I would suggest learning to do clean and jerks. They help build power and will greatly assist you when you play d-line.

40 Time: Foot speed is very very important. Agilitieswill help improve foot speed. I also suggest a runner parachute, running stairs, and doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) running on a track. This will help with your 40 speed significantly, I guarantee it. I lowered my 40 time by .1 after a month of this type of training.

All of my suggestions are the absolute basics. The biggest part of all of it is educating yourself and working very hard. Push until you feel like you're going to vomit. Then throw up and get back to working. I promise you, its not easy to get ready for football camp at the collegiate level.

Thanks Man, my 40 time is something I espicially need to work on, I will add that on to my weightliftin routine. Much appreciated

WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'd try to help you because i play d-line too but we probably play two completely different ways do to my small size i focus on more speed and i bear crawl through the line aot were you are much bigger than i am so you would focus on more of a strength and power game my best advice tho is really wwork on explosiveness the faster you get off line the better the chance of getting to the ball also vision is important you have to know where the ball is at all times because just like that the ball is past you

Originally Posted by WallBall55 View Post
    i'd try to help you because i play d-line too but we probably play two completely different ways do to my small size i focus on more speed and i bear crawl through the line aot were you are much bigger than i am so you would focus on more of a strength and power game my best advice tho is really wwork on explosiveness the faster you get off line the better the chance of getting to the ball also vision is important you have to know where the ball is at all times because just like that the ball is past you
    You crab through succesfully?
    Kids that tried to crab through me got smashed into the ground or ran through.. Not trying to be an *******. Just wondering does it work for you??

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by WallBall55 View Post
    uhhhh, i wanna play d line so badly, but i'm too small for it. hopefully i can get to atleast 195 or 200 by the time the season starts(spring)
    ☆☆☆America Fuk Yeah ¢яєω☆☆☆
    -Misc. Surfer Brahs-

haxball-cliveceps

Originally Posted by gnarsurf View Post
    uhhhh, i wanna play d line so badly, but i'm too small for it. hopefully i can get to atleast 195 or 200 by the time the season starts(spring)
    defensive end? How about Outside Linbacker? You could play either prolly

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

yeah you could be more like a Outside Linebacker at 185 or 195 if your quick enough, and tackle good of course

WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WallBall55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You crab through succesfully?
    Kids that tried to crab through me got smashed into the ground or ran through.. Not trying to be an *******. Just wondering does it work for you??
    Yeah man its a bitch if i wasnt quick enough i would get crushed which happened quiet a bit but yeah i did pretty good. last year was my first year playing football and i got honorable mention but i also played middle linbacker if we played a 4-4 but 5's i played nose tackle my coaches would always crack jokes about how i would get crushed in games

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FalvoPS View Post

lol at 292 running a 4.71
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

FalvoPS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Man, my 40 time is something I espicially need to work on, I will add that on to my weightliftin routine. Much appreciated
    You're very welcome. One thing I forgot to mention was start doing some plyometrics around the start of spring to build your explosion strength. You need that quick first step both off of the line and for your 40.