Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

saturated fat bad for keto diets and cholesterol

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ract/89/4/1641

there you go ladies and gents... saturated fats leads to higher vldl choelstorol , the one that blocks arteries. So replace your saturated fats with good ones!! Sources of good ones = acavacdo, nuts, olive oil, FISH. Dont use keto as an excuse to eat cheap hamburger meat!

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your logic is saturated reading one article that doesn't even make metion of what you just said .
    it said " POLY fats MAY BE a better alternative than a predominatly SAT FAT intake "

Whenever you do a carb free diet even body cholesterol is freed so WTF are you talking
    Dont use one article or your illiteracy as an excuse . To try and show us something when we have YEARS of Keto studies to back us up
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sigh
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ract/89/4/1641

there you go ladies and gents... saturated fats leads to higher vldl choelstorol , the one that blocks arteries. So replace your saturated fats with good ones!! Sources of good ones = acavacdo, nuts, olive oil, FISH. Dont use keto as an excuse to eat cheap hamburger meat!
    This is your best offering? Did a rogue saturated fat execute your family or something? Did saturated fat call your momma a whore? Are you deeply religious and your preacher told you saturated fats are the devil? While you are at it learn to read and pick a new target sport.
    Last edited by MASSter; 12-25-2009 at 01:55 PM.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    This is your best offering? Did a rogue saturated fat execute your family or something? Did saturated fat call your momma a whore? Are you deeply religious and your preacher told you saturated fats are the devil? While you are at it learn to read and pick a new target sport.

my father having 3 heart attacks and his father dying from one at young age is good enough reason for me

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Then you should be that much more passionate about learning the truth and not just seeing " what they are saying" and rolling with it . Anyways did you dad do a ketogenic diet ever ? or his father
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    Then you should be that much more passionate about learning the truth and not just seeing " what they are saying" and rolling with it . Anyways did you dad do a ketogenic diet ever ? or his father
    their diets where high in saturated fats. but there is the study with proof its better to avoid sat fats, esp 16:0 fatty acid, as i already have read all the other studies claiming sat fats are bad, but had some amount of carbs in them

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my father having 3 heart attacks and his father dying from one at young age is good enough reason for me
    Was it from saturated fats? I doubt it. My father was the same way and smoking two packs a day and drinking like a fish didn't help his cause...

their diets where high in saturated fats. but there is the study with proof its better to avoid sat fats, esp 16:0 fatty acid, as i already have read all the other studies claiming sat fats are bad, but had some amount of carbs in them
    It's seriously hard to take a study seriously without seeing everything. I like how they give the numbers for BOHB, but use adjectives like significantly for the others. I personally wouldn't recommend a diet rich in either. Both have downsides when taken in large portions, and both are very important for those who exercise or just people in general.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=170889621&posted=1#post170889621

Conclusion: EAT THE WHOLE DAMN EGG!

stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500)
    it seems a bit apples and oranges to compare your father and keto diet?

my understanding is that if your body is now in lipolysis, the saturated fats are just being burned for fat and dont really have the opportunity to cause damage? where as in a typical diet when sat fat is in the diet, combined with some like carbs thats when bad **** happens?

Originally Posted by stephano5 View Post
    it seems a bit apples and oranges to compare your father and keto diet?

my understanding is that if your body is now in lipolysis, the saturated fats are just being burned for fat and dont really have the opportunity to cause damage? where as in a typical diet when sat fat is in the diet, combined with some like carbs thats when bad **** happens?
    my father is my inspiration for watching heart health. Keto is a diet I admire when I want to lose fat...

stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500) stephano5 is not very helpful. (-500)
    out of curiousity you ever tried keto??

and kudos to your sig little do people realise increased sodium intake, increases risk of stroke. it ain't all about trans fats

Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000)
    This guy is retarded. Read his other posts

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

and kudos to your sig little do people realise increased sodium intake, increases risk of stroke. it ain't all about trans fats
    I believe that most of the risks associated with sodium are for people with sodium sensitivity, right? That's what my nutrition professor said at least (I didn't look too far into it, all the initials after her name made me believe her). I'm not one to blindly believe, but it was brought up during a discussion about the RDA's level for sodium and that being the reason.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=170889621&posted=1#post170889621

Conclusion: EAT THE WHOLE DAMN EGG!

yes i have done keto, but returned to the world of carbs now that i have reached my goals and can have control over how many i eat

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think their habits were also associated with all the horrible things associated with high carbs along with high fat which is the typical American diet because they had no clue of what a Keto diet was. And most likely a genetic defect within the family.

My Cholesterol blood work counters your claim with low VLDL's and i've been on keto for almost a year.
    Mine:
    VLDL Cholestrol - 18 ..............Desirable 0-40
    Last edited by queloque; 12-25-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

Originally Posted by DriftMonster View Post
    I believe that most of the risks associated with sodium are for people with sodium sensitivity, right? That's what my nutrition professor said at least (I didn't look too far into it, all the initials after her name made me believe her). I'm not one to blindly believe, but it was brought up during a discussion about the RDA's level for sodium and that being the reason.
    really? i was told it affects us universally, interesting i'd def look into that

floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Aaaand there is no mention of caloric intake in this article. From what I understand, in a caloric balance or deficit, saturated fats do not pose the risks as in a caloric surplus.

Unfortunately, sometimes people doing keto think it means that they can stuff their face with whatever they want as long as it is low carb. Perhaps those are the people who end up with elevated cholesterol.

Originally Posted by floridagirl View Post
    Aaaand there is no mention of caloric intake in this article. From what I understand, in a caloric balance or deficit, saturated fats do not pose the risks as in a caloric surplus.

Unfortunately, sometimes people doing keto think it means that they can stuff their face with whatever they want as long as it is low carb. Perhaps those are the people who end up with elevated cholesterol.
    thats what i figured, in lipolysis it would just catabolise them the same right?

Originally Posted by floridagirl View Post

good point, but what if you achieve your goal, do you stay on keto with high saturated fats or re-adjust your diet for maintenance (which means a total substition of mono/poly unsat fats for sat fats..... this is probably another failure point for people

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good point, but what if you achieve your goal, do you stay on keto with high saturated fats or re-adjust your diet for maintenance (which means a total substition of mono/poly unsat fats for sat fats..... this is probably another failure point for people
    Some people have insulin sensitivity issues too. There are entire ethnic groups who statistically have insulin issues. Its probably what happen to your grandfather and father.

So going back to greater amounts of glucose just may not be the best option for them.

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Some people have insulin sensitivity issues too. There are entire ethnic groups who statistically have insulin issues. Its probably what happen to your grandfather and father.

So going back to greater amounts of glucose just may not be the best option for them.
    no its the diet in general, poland has the highest heart related deaths... the diet is high in saturated fat (kielbasa,kotlety,etc)...its a problem with the diet there in general....

no its the diet in general, poland has the highest heart related deaths... the diet is high in saturated fat (kielbasa,kotlety,etc)...its a problem with the diet there in general....
    Poland also has a high carb intake like most European countries. Where do you think America got its love for high carb foods? Look at your typical Christmas dinners. All European influence. You seem to pull part of the story. Poland is not a high fat moderate protein and low carb culture and you know that.

Poland also has a high carb intake like most European countries. Where do you think America got its love for high carb foods? Look at your typical Christmas dinners. All European influence. You seem to pull part of the story. Poland is not a high fat moderate protein and low carb culture and you know that.

well lets not get off topic here regardless.. the original point is now that its conclusive saturated fats play a negative role in heart risk pervention no matter what diet.

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well lets not get off topic here regardless.. the original point is now that its conclusive saturated fats play a negative role in heart risk pervention no matter what diet.
    why is this
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

Really? ok, back on topic....So what should I believe 1 year of me being on high fats with perfect blood cholesterol including low VLDL from my blood work 2 weeks ago or the one study you found and bad eating history of your father and grandfather?

hmmm, i'm thinking, still thinking. <ding> I will believe my blood work trumps your paranoia and bad family eating history.

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Dr. Atkins of Poland;

"That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by carbotoo View Post
    lawl homo diet... I don't know about that... I guess it involves eating a lot of chicken... har har har..

Originally Posted by carbotoo View Post
    Pretty much a keto diet too.

floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) floridagirl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You readjust your diet for maintenance. It's a caloric SURPLUS in which excessive saturated fats are problematic. A eucaloric diet is fine.

From ANY diet you must return to a caloric balance (as opposed to a surplus) to keep the weight off.
    Last edited by floridagirl; 12-26-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Really? ok, back on topic....So what should I believe 1 year of me being on high fats with perfect blood cholesterol including low VLDL from my blood work 2 weeks ago or the one study you found and bad eating history of your father and grandfather?

hmmm, i'm thinking, still thinking. <ding> I will believe my blood work trumps your paranoia and bad family eating history.
    im going to take the results of one person vs the results of a whole study?

Plus, you may not be eating that many saturated fats at that....why dont you post your diet.I dont think 18 vldl isnt that great its inn the average range of 0-40
    Last edited by synthetic; 12-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.