Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    im going to take the results of one person vs the results of a whole study?

Plus, you may not be eating that many saturated fats at that....why dont you post your diet.I dont think 18 vldl i that great its inn the average range of 0-40
    Sorry but you used your father and grandfather as your proof and anecdote and then tried backed it up with a random study you googled. And we all know that your father and grandfather did not follow a keto diet. So you cannot use them to justify not to do so. What about people here like Elieen who have been on keto for 4 years? Their history is garbage too? Or did they spend 4 years on this board making it up?

Mine shouldn't be any different. I have an actual exam done after a year of Keto that counters your claim. Should I throw my blood work results in the trash and go by the study you found?

Why do you believe that one study and why do you feel it trumps all the studies posted in the keto forum that counters it. Yes you can use a search engine here because most people here are following keto because of studies that counter your 1 study you googled. So which is more valid yours you posted or all the others who posted here in the past?
    Last edited by queloque; 12-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Sorry but you used your father and grandfather as your proof and anecdote and then tried backed it up with a random study you googled. And we all know that your father and grandfather did not follow a keto diet. So you cannot use them to justify not to do so. What about people here like Elieen who have been on keto for 4 years? Their history is garbage too? Or did they spend 4 years on this board making it up?

Mine shouldn't be any different. I have an actual exam done after a year of Keto that counters your claim. Should I throw my blood work results in the trash and go by the study you found?

Why do you believe that one study and why do you feel it trumps all the studies posted in the keto forum that counters it. Yes you can use a search engine here because most people here are following keto because of studies that counter your 1 study you googled. So which is more valid yours you posted or all the others who posted here in the past?
    what is your full blood profile including ldl, hdl, and total....

the majority of studies i will find here using search will not answer this primal question:

which keto diet is better: one high in saturated fats / low unsat or high unsat / low sat

the study i have originally posted answers my question.... in essence it is better to eat fish over beef with same amounts of fat.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what is your full blood profile including ldl, hdl, and total....

the majority of studies i will find here using search will not answer this primal question:

which keto diet is better: one high in saturated fats / low unsat or high unsat / low sat

the study i have originally posted answers my question.... in essence it is better to eat fish over beef with same amounts of fat.
    I've posted my blood work 3 times in keto and keto diet. Use the search. I already told you my readings were normal and my VLDL that you brought up from the study is an 18 where 0 to 40 is normal.

Your premise was saturated fats in general. Look at the title of your debate. Don't try to fluff up your argument by saying its better to eat fish vs beef and given keto is a moderate protein diet, you will not consume a high level of animal fats anyway. 600 calories of Protein along with its fat will not give people high cholesterol. High fats with High Carbs will because people can consume 3000 calories of high carbs with high fat in one sitting. Very difficult with animal protein and fats.

And the whole keto diet is high in fat in general and there are different types of saturated fats. Also Trans fat is an unsaturated fat and not a saturated fat but we are not pushing trans fat are we?

The whole point of this keto board is educating people with CLEAR fact that there are different types of good and bad fats in general that would cover saturated and unsaturated. Coconut oil is a Saturated fat but one of the best fats to eat even over olive oil because it is a Medium Chain Saturated fat that is handled differently in the body.

But your problem is you over generalize the details of what fats are and over personalize this discussion because of your family history. In essence misinformation in an attempt to create panic.
    Last edited by queloque; 12-26-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well lets not get off topic here regardless.. the original point is now that its conclusive saturated fats play a negative role in heart risk pervention no matter what diet.
    Hardly conclusive.

"Twenty healthy adults" is not exactly a statistically significant sample size.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

krisnobles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ract/89/4/1641

there you go ladies and gents... saturated fats leads to higher vldl choelstorol , the one that blocks arteries. So replace your saturated fats with good ones!! Sources of good ones = acavacdo, nuts, olive oil, FISH. Dont use keto as an excuse to eat cheap hamburger meat!

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eileen posted this a year and a half ago and this applies to you too

Suggest you borrow "Eat fat, lose Fat" by Dr Mary Enig and Sally Fallon from your local library. It has loads of research on this topic.
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100) Rimmer66 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post

Don't listen to him he believes in propaganda and misinformation. The same type of people who listen to a celebrity doctor on TV and believe his quakery. People have to understand one thing..... FAT alone does not make you fat. Problem ? people eat at a high caloric surplus and high fat high carb diet, which is typical american diet On Keto, you are limiting your calories (deficit) and extremely low carbs (<20g) although some peopel can even manage to do it on <50g. People make the big mistake of going low carb low fat diets and work out, whilst they have low BF%, you are going to lose muscle mass!!! FAT is important at this point. Once you are fully keto adapted your body will be an efficient fat burning furnace, you won't have to worry about the propaganda on sat fats, you are on a low carb, caloric surplus, your body is burning fat, not storing it at this point. The problem with typical diet, fat+carbs. High fat, high carb high glycemic.

An ideal diet would be CKD.... I am not really for those 800 cal crash diets, those are bad in the long run. Losing weight slowly is best, I would no go under 1200-1300cal, and when you get off these diets, increasing your cals about 100 cals every week, slowly. Takes far longer to upregulate than downregulate.
    So whatever you hear about high fat ..... the keto negates to some extent, in an otherwise healthy person, I mean think about it, if you are not going to be chowing carbs, what do you think your diet will be based on ? Protein and FATS.....In proper proportions as too much protein is not good.

Best thing is to consult doctor and get a complete blood work pre keto,
    want to make sure you have normal liver and kidney function for those
    higher protein diets..... if your tests come normal, you can do keto and
    not worry, providing you follow the program. The whole idea of this diet
    is to get your body to build the infrastructure that will allow it to use fat
    and burn fat.......it can take several weeks until you become FULLY keto adapted
    but nonetheless once your liver glycogen depletes you will start burning the fat.

For those who workout, CKD is best and recommended.

Once you are back to maintenance and your normal diet introducing carbs
    back into your diet, then you will have to readjust your fat intake avoiding
    excess trans/sat fats.

I know people (many) on CKD and KD on high saturated fat and they are
    lost a lot of weight, normal blood markers. But don't know why people
    always ask those retarded questions of whether they can crash diet and gain muscle lol.
    You can't have your bloody cake and eat it. There are lean mass sparing, if you keep your macros in check and don't neglect the FAT and don't go too low on the calories, VLC diets are not healthy,
    you won't spare muscle on those. I think CKD is a better option for muscle sparing, body slimming.

Oh yeah and to the bunch of FA66OTS who lowered my rep to -2000,
    you just can't handle truth, that's fine, go listen to your bloody rubbish and propaganda, truth hurts and you lot are just senile ! no bloody wonder some
    people DIE of misinformation, and don't f*cking realise that it's not the fat
    that killed them, but their retardness..... Processed foods, trans fats, refined carbs, eating all the bad foods and not the right ones.

The same retards who write propaganda that CARB is evil, CARB makes you fat bla bla bla bla bla bla, right........Most people read food labels and go
    ZZZZZZZOMG 24g carb dat must be zoooo bad for me! BLOODY IDIOTS!!!

So go ahead you f*cking wankers, give me another -2000.

You whinges can't handle the truth.

And for some of you blokes you might know me from WAVE forum we
    crossed paths yes it's me.....I'm sure some of you nerdy lot must be
    working out right? Less jerking off to theWAVE forum that got shut
    down by Russian mafia WYER and more muscle building
    Peace.

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This guy and Ancel Keys are the reason why this misinformation is still being perpetuated.