Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chin-up vs bicep curls

Which one is the better bicep exercise, chin-ups or barbell/dumbell curls? What do you guys think?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    Which one is the better bicep exercise, chin-ups or barbell/dumbell curls? What do you guys think?
    Finally.

A chin-ups vs curls thread.

It's about time someone tried to answer this hard-hitting yet completely ignored question.

Now, if only someone would post a "squat-depth" thread.

In other news, I hear the Germans might invade Poland?
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I would say bicep curls for biceps and chin ups for back.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do both and then u dont have to worry. but do chinups first and do them like u mean it. do a lot of chinups. strap on some extra weight if u can.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How does exercising your chin help with biceps?

Does a bigger chin make it harder to shave or something?
    Time To Re-Schedule

Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Neither. You gotta squat to get da big gunz.

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this is actually good idea. im going to try chin ups because any bicep curl after they are pumped up. i get this inflammed pain in my front delt, which kind of makes me believe labrum tear, but i already know what that feels like in my right one. i had shoulder surgery. i dont have pain pressing, it just feels like inflammed/pump pain.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In before sh*t storm.

drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think pull ups are way better for building big biceps
    but i dont know i dont have big biceps
    Eat for what you are about to do, not for what you have already done.

if i don't know how to cut ,why would i be bold enough to bulk?

'Failure' isn't a requirement for growth, but progression is.

http://www.********.com/pages/Romans-fitness/193327960714025

Registered User blazing_hellion's Avatar
    blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i honestly believe that chin ups can make Stronger biceps while curls can make bigger biceps. note again this is what i believe. and heres why.

when your doing chin ups, you biceps do play a big role but so do many other muscles, so a greater load overall may be used. therefor theres more weight for your biceps to move, with help of the other muscles of course. if theres any scientific proof*shrugs*idk atm cuz im working out XD just wanted to input

just my 2¢

KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10) KindaBigGuns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by johnderriLLL View Post
    do both and then u dont have to worry. but do chinups first and do them like u mean it. do a lot of chinups. strap on some extra weight if u can.
    When I do that I get good growth and strength increases in biceps. Of course that means I always have chinups in my program. When I get strong enough and or lose the fat, I'll progress to pullups....but I'll still do chinups.

knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knckout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use both. Since chinups use some bi's, I make sure there's a day in b/w for some rest.

HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HolyMoly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well I wondered since I read on a site that chin-ups are better for biceps than curls, so I wanted to know what you guys thought about this?

Anyway, they could have some merit. Look at a gymnast who train in the rings, they have relatively big biceps..

Btw, this is not an this or that thread. I'm planning on doing both, I'm just wondering which one is better for the biceps.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Btw, this is not an this or that thread. I'm planning on doing both, I'm just wondering which one is better for the biceps.
    how's this:

If I could only do one, chins because it works more.

If bigger bi's was my #1 priority for the next 2 months, then curls.

If I want to utilize both for the greatest effect for my bi's, then chins til I'm dead one day, and only curls on another day in the week for more frequency.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do both chinups and dumbbells/barbell curls every workout I have. And in my opinion and from my experiences, I get a wicked more burn from curls. Only if you do them right. I used to use 70s and only get 4 or 5 cheat curls in each arm, didn't get much of a burn. But lately I have gone down to 60s and would do 8 or 9 perfect curls in each arm, it gives me the craziest burn ever. No matter how slowly and perfectly I do chinups I never get that same burn, so for me, I say curls definitely is a better workout.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let me guess, you're going to be stranded on a desert island soon and can only choose one?!

Am I right? What did I win? Where are the cameras?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slyguy1500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let me guess, you're going to be stranded on a desert island soon and can only choose one?!

Get a life dude, he was asking a simple question. What's up with everyone on this site finding so much humor in talking sh*t to random people. Maybe he does 3 sets of biceps... and is debating on whether to do 2 sets of chinups or 2 sets of curls. You don't know, and he shouldn't have to explain himself!

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Slyguy1500 View Post
    What's up with everyone on this site finding so much humor in talking sh*t to random people.
    >>giggles<<

Stick around a little longer.

Maybe he does 3 sets of biceps... and is debating on whether to do 2 sets of chinups or 2 sets of curls. You don't know, and he shouldn't have to explain himself!
    OH! In that case, the question makes soooooo much more sense and has one definitive answer than anyone on here can correctly give once and for all!

Go have a Merry Christmas!

Get a life dude, he was asking a simple question. What's up with everyone on this site finding so much humor in talking sh*t to random people. Maybe he does 3 sets of biceps... and is debating on whether to do 2 sets of chinups or 2 sets of curls. You don't know, and he shouldn't have to explain himself!
    Because nearly everyone here has answered this question with total sincerity and good intent to help before. And we're not going to do it over and over and over for every new member.

Why don't we just stfu then?

Because then, the poster will get zero replies and give up asking anyone for anything, or he will only get uninformed answers from other n00bs, leading him down the wrong path.

Written between the lines of jokes and smartasses is that chins do work both, but nobody is going to have the sort of arms most guys, n00b or not, want, unless you hit them directly.

But if you only do curls, then you also look like a tool with jacked biceps hanging off a skinnyfat body.

So the mere question ends up being an exercise in silliness just to contemplate a "which is better" scenario. Bodybuilding is not a which is better activity between exercises. It is about which combination of exercises will work best for YOU to reach YOUR goals.
    Time To Re-Schedule

OH! In that case, the question makes soooooo much more sense and has one definitive answer than anyone on here can correctly give once and for all!

Go have a Merry Christmas!
    I can understand your point on no one having a definitive correct answer, but does it hurt to ask?

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Because nearly everyone here has answered this question with total sincerity and good intent to help before. And we're not going to do it over and over and over for every new member.

Why don't we just stfu then?

Because then, the poster will get zero replies and give up asking anyone for anything, or he will only get uninformed answers from other n00bs, leading him down the wrong path.

Written between the lines of jokes and smartasses is that chins do work both, but nobody is going to have the sort of arms most guys, n00b or not, want, unless you hit them directly.

But if you only do curls, then you also look like a tool with jacked biceps hanging off a skinnyfat body.

So the mere question ends up being an exercise in silliness just to contemplate a "which is better" scenario. Bodybuilding is not a which is better activity between exercises. It is about which combination of exercises will work best for YOU to reach YOUR goals.
    Reps to follow. Patience, experience and maturity shining through right there.

I can understand your point on no one having a definitive correct answer, but does it hurt to ask?
    No it doesn't. And, reps to follow for you for standing up for a stranger. Way to be!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No..

Which one is the better bicep exercise, chin-ups or barbell/dumbell curls?
    I'm planning on doing both.
    /thread.

christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    barbell/dumbbell curls.

/thread.

Highest Scum of the Board Findenn's Avatar
    Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Findenn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's up with everyone on this site finding so much humor in talking sh*t to random people. Maybe he does 3 sets of biceps... and is debating on whether to do 2 sets of chinups or 2 sets of curls. You don't know, and he shouldn't have to explain himself!
    Because its been well established after intensive debates by credible sources that repost police >>> spelling nazis.

Anyway, they could have some merit. Look at a gymnast who train in the rings, they have relatively big biceps..
    Some gymnasts are jacked, others not much. The jacked ones would also have jacked bi's if they did curls instead of bodyweight moves.
    Making acceptable the unacceptable.

+92B+

International Man of Miskery.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

/thread.
    So I take it you don't know either..

So I take it you don't know either..
    I don't know, I got my 16.25 inch arms by...

climbing trees as a child...
    climbing ropes in gym class...
    climbing fences with one arm...
    climbing poles at the playground...
    chinups/pullups (did 11 reps in 3rd grade)
    DB bicep curls
    more pullups/chinups
    BB curls
    more pullups/chinups
    Preacher curls
    more pullups/chinups
    incline curls
    more pullups/chinups
    cable curls
    more pullups/chinups
    machine curls
    more pullups/chinups
    etc

not to mention tricep work..

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? WHAT IS YOUR GOAL? WHAT IS YOUR REAL QUESTION?

What's better? A drill or a hammer? They are both tools! It depends on what the F**K you're trying to accomplish!

(not angry!)

I don't know, I got my 16.25 inch arms by...

some stuff..

not to mention tricep work..

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? WHAT IS YOUR GOAL? WHAT IS YOUR REAL QUESTION?

What's better? A drill or a hammer? They are both tools! It depends on what the F**K you're trying to accomplish!

(not angry!)
    The question was, which exercise is better for your biceps. That's the only thing I wanted to know, which exercise develops a certain muscle more. Like for the chest, which exercise helps develop the chest more: benchpresses or flys. I would do them both. I just want to know out of curiousity.

Like you said, exercises are tools, but you don't use a drill to hit a nail (use a hammer, and you can use different kinds of hammers).. So which 'tool' is better.

All in all, you still really anwsered which exercise (tool) is better for the biceps.

(not angry)

Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squat-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's simple. Adjust the intensity,the volume and the other training variables for chins up properly to reach the goal you are aiming for your upper back and then adjust intensity,volume and the other training variables of your barbell curls properly to reach the goal for your biceps.