zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long will it take me to reach a 100kg Bench Press x 5?

I have been training for about 1 year and 4 months, I used to do a fullbody routine every second day (yes I know its stupid to do) but I recently changed to a 5 day split. Before doing the split my bench was 50kg (110lbs) after I went on the split it rapidly increased to 60kg (132lbs) then 70kgs (154lbs) and its currently up to 85kg x 6 (190lbs), I was wondering how long it would take me to get up to a 100kg bench press x 5. Im pretty sure im getting noob gains because of the new routine.

Thanks,

~zakbase2

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's wrong with full body every second day? Many novice and intermediate programs use exactly that format with great success.

To answer your actual question... Since you've not actually told us when you started this "split" and have no way to gauge how long has elapsed between the random numbers you're posting we couldn't even hazard a guess.

I reckon 35.0 days though.

LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no1 can answer this question
    Lift Heavy, Never stop Eating, Sleep. This **** is easy!

zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zakbase2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Fluster View Post
    What's wrong with full body every second day? Many novice and intermediate programs use exactly that format with great success.

To answer your actual question... Since you've not actually told us when you started this "split" and have no way to gauge how long has elapsed between the random numbers you're posting we couldn't even hazard a guess.

I reckon 35.0 days though.
    Spot on 35 days give or take.

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zakbase2 View Post
    Haha, that's not what I meant - I was just taking the piss about it taking tree fiddy days to reach 100kg for reps.

Seriously though, it could be months, years or days mate, everyone's different - I'm not there yet and even extrapolating all my logs and numbers and stalls and making the most educated guess possible for a specific target - I'd probably still be wrong when I eventually got there.

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Switch back to the routine the teen section thinks is stupid. As a rule of thumb, those are the good routines.

Hahah, love it.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If your goal is to have a big bench ditch the split routine (assuming you are doing legs one day arms one day chest one day etc.) and get on a program designed to increase your bench press.

Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Considering the OP is only 14, I think he'd be best served to do a program that works full body. Not necessarily a full body in one day, but any program that focuses on compound movements. I wouldn't suggest specializing in any one lift.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    35.234754 days
    DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT WHEN IT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

DO IT THAT WAY ALL THE TIME.

^ bighairynutsack oops ighairynutsack's Avatar
    ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
    Considering the OP is only 14, I think he'd be best served to do a program that works full body. Not necessarily a full body in one day, but any program that focuses on compound movements. I wouldn't suggest specializing in any one lift.
    i second this i would avoid isolation entirely until you feel you need it. i don't even do isolation anymore it just goes to show not everyone needs it. i just do more rows and pulldowns/pullups now to make up for no isolation and instead of extensions i do pressing variations with varying grips.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
    Agreed but there is something to be said about specializing at an early age. Without sounding like a communist look at how successful some of their athletes were in the olympics and take examples like Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan. If his long term goal is to be the youngest person to bench 600 lbs or something the way to do so might be specializing now. I'm not saying don't work anything else but it would be just like SSJ doing a coan/phillipi deadlift routine to up his already great deadlift while putting his bench /squat on the backburner a little.

Hell you could argue only weight lifting is a bad idea as well, you should also play football/basketball/baseball all year to be well rounded you know?

^ bighairynutsack oops ighairynutsack's Avatar
    ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ighairynutsack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    Agreed but there is something to be said about specializing at an early age. Without sounding like a communist look at how successful some of their athletes were in the olympics and take examples like Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan. If his long term goal is to be the youngest person to bench 600 lbs or something the way to do so might be specializing now. I'm not saying don't work anything else but it would be just like SSJ doing a coan/phillipi deadlift routine to up his already great deadlift while putting his bench /squat on the backburner a little.

Hell you could argue only weight lifting is a bad idea as well, you should also play football/basketball/baseball all year to be well rounded you know?
    i agree i have been training "seriously" since 12ish. some people need to isolate and some people don't however.

Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, you got to tell us more details, like how often you add weight and how often you bench.

Originally Posted by Mr.city View Post
    OP, you got to tell us more details, like how often you add weight and how often you bench.
    I bench once a week at the moment I add weight to my bench around 2.5-5lbs per workout.

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    About 2 weeks

shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    long as you can add 5lbs a week..you do the math.
    best gym lifts best competition lifts
    squat 405 390
    bench 265 240
    deadlift 475 475

Goal successfully reached 220lbs x 5 did it a few chest workouts back.

~zakbase2

202shane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 202shane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Bench Goal

Goal successfully reached 220lbs x 5 did it a few chest workouts back.

~zakbase2
    Congratulations on reaching your goal. What is your current bench? Can you post videos of your work out or some posing? I think you are probably the biggest 14 year old on this forum. You indicated that you turned 14 in December, 2009. That would make you 14 years and 3 months at present. Arms in your profile shot - awesome.

PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PressEnter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats! I think I was 5'2" 120 at that age

Originally Posted by 202shane View Post
    Congratulations on reaching your goal. What is your current bench? Can you post videos of your work out or some posing? I think you are probably the biggest 14 year old on this forum. You indicated that you turned 14 in December, 2009. That would make you 14 years and 3 months at present. Arms in your profile shot - awesome.
    Current bench is about 110kg for 4 reps 2 with a spot never maxed out though. Ill get around to a vid one day.
    Originally Posted by PressEnter View Post
    Congrats! I think I was 5'2" 120 at that age
    Everyone has to start somewhere bro.

~zakbase2