superbaby1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chicken breast vs chicken thigh

Is there really that much of a difference?

I eat 3-4 oz every meal and would like to stick with chicken thighs if I can

tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by superbaby1 View Post

nutritionally, the difference is in the fat content..

i.e. 100g chicken breast ~4 grams fat
    100g chicken thigh ~11g fat
    Last edited by tabasco.sauce; 12-23-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat which ever one you enjoy more, just consider the differences in your daily needs.

Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Disadvantage of thigh:
    More fat than breast

Advantage of thigh:
    Cheaper than breast
    Tastes better than breast

The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I like to go for thighs.

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Go the thighs, they taste better, and there's nothing wrong with a moderated amount of animal fat.

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go with the chicken breasts, at least IMO (the only one here probably) they taste better. am I alone in this.
    If you like the taste of thighs then get them as they are cheaper and MOST people like them more than the breasts

gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000)

3 or 4 OUNCES??

Why bother?
    Carpe Diem, BABY

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat anything you want as long as it fits into your caloric wants and needs.

I should write a book titled that... With one page in it that says "end of story"

I call dibs on first million dollars made!
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    Eat anything you want as long as it fits into your caloric wants and needs.

I should write a book titled that... With one page in it that says "end of story"

I call dibs on first million dollars made!
    Doesn't get any simpler than that.

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lifterforlife10 View Post
    go with the chicken breasts, at least IMO (the only one here probably) they taste better. am I alone in this.
    If you like the taste of thighs then get them as they are cheaper and MOST people like them more than the breasts
    im with you buddy lol
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kelvin_Ke View Post
    Disadvantage of thigh:
    More fat than breast

Advantage of thigh:
    Cheaper than breast
    Tastes better than breast

The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I like to go for thighs.
    Fat is your friend if you are lifting heavy.

I only eat dark meat now and will eat a breast once I have eaten all the dark meat.
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by marmadogg View Post
    Fat is your friend if you are lifting heavy.

I only eat dark meat now and will eat a breast once I have eaten all the dark meat.
    Noooooo way. Anytime I bite into a drumstick, I feel like I'm chewing on a mouthful of seasoned rubber bands

White meat and nothing but!
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~

SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chicken thighs are great!! I feel like chicken breast are to dry, cant eat them withought something tasty
    "I do lots of pushups and situps and drink plenty of juice"

Reps back regaurdless ;)
    I owe reps to: No1 right now, get on board for reps, gimme the green!

gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fat = flavor!!!!

Chicken thighs ROCK!!!!

Also, for the men, chicken thighs help increase T-levels b/c of the fat content!
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

"Conquer your mind...Conquer your dreams"
    Nov 2006:370 pounds
    Oct 2011: ???

CHECK OUT: My "Stop F%***ing Around" Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125087501

CHECK OUT: MY TRANSFORMATION...(MOTIVATION/DETERMINATION/DEDICATION)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136245241

IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've always been more of a leg man than a breast man...

No really, IMO either one is fine, as said just do what you prefer as long as it fits into your calorie/macro requirements.