ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Ari's Journal *New & Improved!*

Ok it's been 3 years since I've been here. It hit me today that it was back in 2006 when I was journaling here that I was thriving and seeing real change.

I decided to start a new journal rather than add on to the old one. I figured this is a new start, a new journey, and that deserves a fresh start!

I've spent the last month trying to take off the 15+ lbs I've gained. My workouts have been awful, my diet worse. My body is slowly turning mushy, and it makes me so sad to think that in just a few months I've lost most of the results it took me three years to achieve.

That said, it's time to turn it around!

Current stats:

height: 5'7
    weight: 177
    workouts: pathetic. on a good week I lift twice and I'm only getting in a total of 60 minutes cardio.
    mood: ****ty
    self esteem: low
    outlook: leaning toward positive

Tomorrow's goal: 30 minutes of quality cardio and upper body.

I'm back!

ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ariabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Today...and December in review

I did manage to drag my butt into the gym today, after 4 days of shopping, laying around & eating.

35 minutes 4% incline, 3.5mph

Upper body

Incline chest press - 3x10, 35lbs
    Seated row - 3x12, 50lbs
    Seated pec fly - 3x12, 55lbs
    Back extension - 3x15, 85lbs
    Seated pullover - 3x15, 50lbs
    Barbell curl - 3x15, 20lb
    Side bends - 3x15 each side, 25lb plate

December update.. not as bad as I thought it would be. The last 5 months or so have been terrible. I barely made it to the gym once a week, and sometimes missed 2 or 3 weeks in a row. I started this new committment on November 30, and the results of the month up through today are:

14 days of cardio
    6 days of lifting

I'm not ready to start talking about diet yet, but I am trying to keep an eye on the general calorie intake for now. I'm hoping to get serious with that by February 1. I need to get my workouts back on track in January.

Goal for 12/29/09 - Tuesday

For now I'd like to maintain the 30 minute cardio session as many days a week as I can, even on the lifting days.

Tuesday - lower body

Treadmill - 30 minutes 4.5% incline, 3.4mph

Squats - 3x12, bar+10lbs
    Walking lunges - 2x14, no weights
    Deadlifts - 3x12, 20lb bar
    Seated Leg Curl - 3x12, 35lbs
    Lying Curl - 3x12, 35lbs
    Hip abb/add - 3x12, 30lb each
    Standing calf raise - 3x12, 40lb
    Glute raise - 3x12, 35lb
    Ab pushdown - 3x15, 50lb

Stretch - 10mins

v2marie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like a good start!! walking lunges are the best =)
    God gave me this body...it is time to reach my full potential in every aspect.

12/29/09 Workout

I forgot to post yesterday! For the first time in probably 6 months I managed to get up at 6:30 and go straight to the gym.

I came close to completing the goals I'd laid out the night before, with a few differences:

Cardio: 35 minutes treadmill but only 3.3mph and a 3% incline. It depresses me to think I was running 3 miles a day just 6 months ago and now I can barely handle a slight incline on the treadmill. I sure hope I get back to my old fitness level quickly.

Lower Body:

Seated Leg press (smith machines were all taken): 3x12, 120lbs
    Walking lunges - Raquetball court, 4 lengths, no weights
    Deadlifts - 3x12, 35lbs bar
    Seated Leg Raise- 3x12, 35lbs
    Seated Curl - 3x12, 35lbs
    Hip abb/add - 3x12, 50lb each
    Standing calf raise - 3x12, 40lb
    Glute raise - 3x12, 35lb
    Standing side crunch: 3x15 each side, 25lb plate

Forgot to sretch! Bad girl! The reason I stopped working out six months ago was because of a trap injury and sciatica. I need to stretch!!!!!!!!!

12/30/09 Workout - Upper body

It's so lame that I'm doing all my cardio on the treadmill right now. I am in that mindset where I just want to do something each day until I'm back in the habit. At that point I will mix it up and increase the intensity. For now I'm just going to pat myself on the back just for making it in there 3 days in a row.

Slight improvement in today's cardio though. 35 minutes, 3.3mph, 4% incline! Getting a little better each day... I really need to set some goals. hmm.. I'll post that next.

Upper body:

I started out doing 100s - something an old trainer (and the one who helped my body look its best!) showed me. Most of the equipment I wanted to use was already taken so I was getting stressed out and just decided to do 40 minutes of whatever upper body I could get in to that time.

Low row - 4x25, 20 lbs
    Chest press - 4x25, 15lbs
    Low to High woodchoppers - 3x12 each side, 7.5 lbs
    High pulley row, with twist - 3x15 each side, 25lbs
    Lower back extensions - 3x15, 75lbs
    Lateral shoulder raise- 3x8, no weight on machine (this one really hurts the trap injury.. i'm starting very VERY light to see if I can improve...)
    Seated pullover - 3x15, 55lb
    Seated dip - 3x12, 50lb
    Standing side crunch: 3x15 each side, 25lb plate

Once again, forgot to stretch. I will make an effort to do it this evening!