24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

I like reptilian beef backinbusiness's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 160 lbs
    BodyPoints: 17206
    backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit backinbusiness's BodySpace

How long does a broken forearm take to heal?

Mainly how long til I can start heavy deadlifts and bench again? Is 3 months too optimistic?

Its broken on Radius near my wrist.

Reps
    If you weren't a part of my struggle, don't expect to be a part of my success.

Misc Firearm Crew. 2nd Amendment cannot be Interpreted.
    The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000) backinbusiness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump

Stats: 6'4", 208 lbs
    NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit NOMNOMNONOM's BodySpace
    A few months, three doesn't seem too optimistic.

I'm not a doctor, but I am an internet professional. Have you tried apply fecal material to the area?

Stats: 6'0", 1 lbs
    Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stripez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit Stripez's BodySpace
    3 months is not optimistic, you'll be able to do it earlier i believe. I had the same break that occured during hockey and i had my cast off in 3 weeks and i was back playing with the tensor bandage at 4 weeks. However with weightlifting, you're going to have to do some training to get it back up to strength before lifting heavy. I'd say a minimum of six weeks and then go depending on how you feel. I did wrist curls at home alot which helped once my arm hurt. You should also have one of these:

that really strengthens your wrist and makes it able to move to heal faster. I remember making it a struggle to lift my wrist "X HIGH" and even more of a struggle to move my wrist without that thing on, all in all, i wish you the best of luck and hope you get better. Some friends of mine have taken their casts off at in between 2-3 weeks but the doctors in general suggest 3 weeks minimum. Work your strength up before putting heavy stress on it.
    Last edited by Stripez; 12-22-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Originally Posted by Stripez View Post
    3 months is not optimistic, you'll be able to do it earlier i believe. I had the same break that occured during hockey and i had my cast off in 3 weeks and i was back playing with the tensor bandage at 4 weeks. However with weightlifting, you're going to have to do some training to get it back up to strength before lifting heavy. I'd say a minimum of six weeks and then go depending on how you feel. I did wrist curls at home alot which helped once my arm hurt. You should also have one of these:

that really strengthens your wrist and makes it able to move to heal faster. I remember making it a struggle to lift my wrist "X HIGH" and even more of a struggle to move my wrist without that thing on, all in all, i wish you the best of luck and hope you get better. Some friends of mine have taken their casts off at in between 2-3 weeks but the doctors in general suggest 3 weeks minimum. Work your strength up before putting heavy stress on it.
    Sick!

Yes I will work my way back up...

Any workouts I can do for upper body so I try not to lose much muscle in the next 2 months? I'm keeping protein high.