Thread: Pendlay HD bar.

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pendlay HD bar.

About two years ago my coached purchased two brand new Pendlay HD bars. I never liked the 28.5 mm or the over aggressive knurling. Well the two bars were purchased "scratch and dent" meaning the chrome has some hard to notice imperfections in it. So Pendlay Wont honor their lifetime warranty with them.

Well they both basically quit spinning. I can hear metal on metal friction from inside. If anybody has lifted with a bar that doesn't spin, it is annoying. Well I am usually the club handyman so took one home and I will be taking it apart.

I already pulled the cap off of the end. Which I had to destroy to get it off. If their is a trick to removing this please fill me in. Well I need to borrow and snap ring tool from my dad to remove the sleeve. I posted my question on how to repair the bar on the Pendlay forum but no response.

I will post pics on the of what the problem is and how it needs to be fixed.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't help with the fixing but I can tell you what I did with a bar that I couldn't bear to lose once it finally went. Buy a piece of 1 3/4" or 1 1/2" pipe cut it to around 4'4" slide it over the bar, reattatch the sleeve and now instead of a bad bar you have a good axle. Not exactly OL but still pretty fun.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would recommend emailing Glenn through the California Strength site or the MuscledriverUSA website. Also, there is a really good discussion of "elite" bars on Crossfit's forum here: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=53609, and this guy Robert really knows his stuff.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadWilliam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    I would recommend emailing Glenn through the California Strength site or the MuscledriverUSA website. Also, there is a really good discussion of "elite" bars on Crossfit's forum here: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=53609, and this guy Robert really knows his stuff.
    There is not a lot then Glenn can do. The bar is not warrantied. So it is up to me to fix it.

Well I disassembled one end of the bar. I took the snap ring off and pulled the sleeve off. Pretty simple construction as I figured. Seems to me that the issues is from the lack of oil. There seems to be very little to none. So little that corrosion is forming on the bushings. I will post pics soon.

My camera's memory card has failed but my dad bought me a new one for Christmas so I will take pics after Christmas. I have two bars to fix.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just thought they could tell you how to take it apart and "rescue" it. Not to mention, even if it is not warranted, he may still be willing to help out, you never know until you try. But it seems like you figured it out, so good luck to you...

I just thought they could tell you how to take it apart and "rescue" it. Not to mention, even if it is not warranted, he may still be willing to help out, you never know until you try. But it seems like you figured it out, so good luck to you...
    Thanks. I took it all apart and I took pics of the other end. Doesnt seem like it will be useful to anybody but I will add them. Pretty standard stuff, Snap rings on end with bushings on each end of the sleeve. I added fluid and reassembled it and I will teast it for leaks over the next few days then return it to the club on monday.

Very good, I hope the taking apart and re-assembling will take care of it. We need to do the same with one of our older Eleiko bars, but haven't yet.

Very good, I hope the taking apart and re-assembling will take care of it. We need to do the same with one of our older Eleiko bars, but haven't yet.
    I am interested in how dissembling a needle bearing bar works.

My Eleiko bar is an 89 and the only reason it had to be taken apart is because the snap ring was stretched out.

I'll let you know when we get it fixed. So far, doing pulls and allowing the bar to drop is gaining a little more movement in the one locked up sleeve.