KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Egg White vs. Beef Protein Isolate??????????

I can not take whey protein.I have heard that egg protein is the best alternative.I started using Beef protein isolate instead.Due to a gastric bypass in 2002 I have difficulty absorbing nutrients.I recently have been through a cancer diagnosis and I am free and clear of any cancer.A reconstruction surgery of my colon has left me looking for the best supplement to maintain muscle and help my body heal quickly.One more surgery to go and I can hit the gym.I'm so excited....but want to nourish my body with what is best for me.Any help out there for me? I'm new to this world and for taking the best care of myself.Any help will be appreciated!

crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) crosstraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Disclaimer: Always consult your Dr. first.
    But I'll share my experiences. I can't do whey either. I couldn't get over the horrible taste of egg. I have never tried the beef isolate?? I use chocolate casein from ON, and I really like it. No GI probs. My wife uses a soy based protein. Hope this helps. Good luck.

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crosstraining View Post
    But I'll share my experiences. I can't do whey either. I couldn't get over the horrible taste of egg. I have never tried the beef isolate?? I use chocolate casein from ON, and I really like it. No GI probs. My wife uses a soy based protein. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Didn't even know they made "beef protein isolate". Wonder how it compares to whey. Bet they use some really crap quality beef for it though. Have you tried non-allergenic powders, such as Ultraclear Sustain?
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can't do whey but you can do Casein? Why's that?

OP: What is the reason you can't take whey if you don't mind me asking?

Cooking up egg-whites is a good way to get lots of protein.

Soy protein is another option, I know a lot of guys here frown on it, but I'm sure at a scoop a day you'd be fine.

Thought about Gemma proteins? (pea)

There is also Hemp and Wheat protein.

I have 1lb of beef protein vanilla flavored.... lets just say it's VERY hard to drink. Nasty stuff imo. IMO the best way to eat beef protein is to get it unflavored and to boil it in water with beef stock and drink it as soup.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10) KWhoever is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Thank you. it does help. the beef is not bad.Also,it has more amino acids.You should check it out.The flavor was hard for me to imagine drinking.It was a choice between fruit punch & blueberry.Odd.I went with fruit punch.Not bad.Good luck to you and your wife.

Smile

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    You can't do whey but you can do Casein? Why's that?

OP: What is the reason you can't take whey if you don't mind me asking?

Cooking up egg-whites is a good way to get lots of protein.

Soy protein is another option, I know a lot of guys here frown on it, but I'm sure at a scoop a day you'd be fine.

Thought about Gemma proteins? (pea)

There is also Hemp and Wheat protein.

I have 1lb of beef protein vanilla flavored.... lets just say it's VERY hard to drink. Nasty stuff imo. IMO the best way to eat beef protein is to get it unflavored and to boil it in water with beef stock and drink it as soup.
    No milk products for me.The fruit punch is not bad.Not able to get all nutrients from my food after a gastric bypass in 2002.Liquid is better absorbed in my system...just no milk or whey.

Red face

Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Didn't even know they made "beef protein isolate". Wonder how it compares to whey. Bet they use some really crap quality beef for it though. Have you tried non-allergenic powders, such as Ultraclear Sustain?
    No I have not heard of that but I'm new at this.Thanks.

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a limit on egg white protein. 1 serving a day, or I get GI issues, and I am pretty healthy, no digestive issues for the most part.

I can eat steak all day. Some of the new beef isolates are pretty solid, even the concentrated beef aminos.

Best thing for those who had gastric bypass is probiotics, and enzymes. Need to re-line your GI tract with all those good bacterias, and enzymes that are missing.

Also sublingual B vitamins help alot!

I've worked with a lot of bypass patients when I had my store.
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000) UWBodybuilding is just really nice. (+1000)
    For those who are interested, I believe OP is talking about this beef isolate: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu.../carnivor.html

And when you say you can't have milk, do you mean you're lactose intolerant? There are plenty of lactose-free proteins out there.

fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireisland is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Originally Posted by KWhoever View Post
    No milk products for me.The fruit punch is not bad.Not able to get all nutrients from my food after a gastric bypass in 2002.Liquid is better absorbed in my system...just no milk or whey.
    casein is derived from milk protein dawg

..im allergic to dairy and will be trying the fruit punch beef protein, i will post how it goes!

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Egg protein would be a great alternative.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From what I've heard beef protein is horrid...I've had some good egg white protein, MRM's was great, did a review for it a long time ago.
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    IMO the best way to eat beef protein is to eat a big steak.

Fixed
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KWhoever View Post
    I can not take whey protein.I have heard that egg protein is the best alternative.I started using Beef protein isolate instead.Due to a gastric bypass in 2002 I have difficulty absorbing nutrients.I recently have been through a cancer diagnosis and I am free and clear of any cancer.A reconstruction surgery of my colon has left me looking for the best supplement to maintain muscle and help my body heal quickly.One more surgery to go and I can hit the gym.I'm so excited....but want to nourish my body with what is best for me.Any help out there for me? I'm new to this world and for taking the best care of myself.Any help will be appreciated!
    with your medical history, I would rather go with plant based protein products, e.g. soy, pea, hemp etc.

BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    with your medical history, I would rather go with plant based protein products, e.g. soy, pea, hemp etc.
    Why ?
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA

"Talk all you want about arcane bodybuilding theories. I'll be in the gym. It's leg day"
    -Dave Draper

"Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

"What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man ... The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally Posted by BULLandTERRIER View Post
    Why ?

I'm not normal inside anymore...Lol...lots of surgeries making it difficult to absorb my nutrients in the foods I eat. Can't tolerate milk products anymore which blows....but it's just the way it is. Was looking for an alternative.Taking some other products now....but finding it difficult to eat what I need to for supporting my system and trying to workout. Just gonna move my A$$ and keep working at the nutrition. It's complicated.