Radiating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's a good workout routine when you're on prohormones?

I'm 22 and on 3-ad/bold200 I've been doing riptoe until I got to 175 lbs 10% body fat. I have a perfect diet already.

I'm mainly confused on if I should be doing low volume or high volume (I like low volume better).

A friend of mine recommended to to a HST program like the one listed on the website:

bodybuilding.com/fun/hst1b.htm

I've done my homework on prohormones and I'm playing it very safe for my first cycle but I want to make sure I get the most out of it.

What should my routine be like?

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I haven't done HST but i have heard good things so that might be your best bet. Also which type of routine has given you the best gains in the past? You should do the routine that gives you the best gains for sure. I personally don't like many of the routines on here, I like simple heavy ass full body workouts 3x a week, with light days in between, check this out http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/200...in-basics.html.

Anyways I hope your on liver support and you have a good pct planned out, what are you taking for that, what will your schedule look like and how many mg of the PH will you take?? just curious.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Such a waste of the novice stage. If you're on SS you really have no business doing anything other than eating a lot. A novice lifter already responds like someone on ****.

EDIT: Unless of course you were already at the end of the novice stage and are now using **** to extend your novice stage. That would make some sense.

disclaimer: I do not condone using ****.

Originally Posted by zephed56 View Post
    Such a waste of the novice stage. If you're on SS you really have no business doing anything other than eating a lot. A novice lifter already responds like someone on ****.

EDIT: Unless of course you were already at the end of the novice stage and are now using **** to extend your novice stage. That would make some sense.

disclaimer: I do not condone using ****.
    I'm definitly not at the novice stage, 175 lbs 10% is far along.

For PST I'm doing Mass FX/Reversitol. Seeing as neither bold 200 or 3ad are methylated from my understanding I don't need any liver support, with that said, I'll still be doing liver longer and milk thistle extract as it can't hurt and I'm cautious.

I've seen the best gains by doing very slow reps (3 seconds per rep) at about 70% and doing sets until faliure. Those are the two things that helped me out best. Otherwise I'd tend to jerk the weights or not work out hard enough I also like low volume as I said because it's quicker to get in and out of the gym. These are mostly problems with form and mentality, so I can't say that anything works better or worse as it's more of a best fit for now.

The idea is that I'll do the best thing i can workout wise for the 6 week cycle

I've heard that PH's mainly boost your recovery and your mass gain per workout, so basically you just have to work out more often I think, but I've also heard arnold's workout was "tailored" to being on juice.
    Last edited by Radiating; 12-21-2009 at 07:56 PM.

nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10) nick.v is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just do what your body responds to the best.

still looking for some more help

GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Radiating,

Using chemical assistance (PH or AAS) should not change how you train for hypertrophy.

AAS do not change to timescale over which Protein synthesis is elevated after training, so training frequency won't change. All the drugs alter is the amount of protein synthesis.

Neural recovery will be improved, but if you are training on a rational, sensible routine then this shouldn't be an issue anyway, so no need to suddenly change relative intensity (ie %1RM), volume, or to try and incur more fatigue by going to failure more often justbecause you are on a cycle.

Basically, nothing changes with training when assisted. The best way to train for hypertrophy is the best way to train for hypertrophy, whether you're using AAS or not.

cheers,

G
    http://www.ultimate-hypertrophy.com

euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
    You have said nothing about how much weight you are moving.
    Philadelphia Flyers

Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coach-C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Radiating View Post

For PST I'm doing Mass FX/Reversitol. Seeing as neither bold 200 or 3ad are methylated from my understanding I don't need any liver support, with that said, I'll still be doing liver longer and milk thistle extract as it can't hurt and I'm cautious.

I've seen the best gains by doing very slow reps (3 seconds per rep) at about 70% and doing sets until faliure. Those are the two things that helped me out best. Otherwise I'd tend to jerk the weights or not work out hard enough I also like low volume as I said because it's quicker to get in and out of the gym. These are mostly problems with form and mentality, so I can't say that anything works better or worse as it's more of a best fit for now.

The idea is that I'll do the best thing i can workout wise for the 6 week cycle

I've heard that PH's mainly boost your recovery and your mass gain per workout, so basically you just have to work out more often I think, but I've also heard arnold's workout was "tailored" to being on juice.
    Im taking PH right now and im on week 3 and i have seen great gains. Bench went from 310 to 335 Shoulder press went from 175 to 190 Squat from 375 to 415. You have to bust your but and eat clean. I have always done Arnolds workout. From basic to Advance. Im doing Advanced stage 2 right now on my PH cycle. Also to see your best gains, even though your on your PH cycle still take your other supps. If you want in and out of the gym and keep high Intensity, do alot of suppersets in your workout.

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by euclid View Post
    You have said nothing about how much weight you are moving.
    Nor how tall he is, 175 10% at 6' + is not very far along :P
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HST is a poor choice on cycle because your poundages and volume are limited. I do like HST for pct because you have so much control over volume when recovery is most important.

I agree with the above posts that suggest sticking to what works for you. But pretty much anything is going to work while you're running Bold. My opinion is that on cycle you'll be increasing your weights slightly faster, although intelligently. And my opinion is that you can increase volume, decrease rest periods, and increase frequency... again intelligently and reasonably keeping in mind the potential for injury.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My prediction:

This will go nowhere quickly.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) celc5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    My prediction:

This will go nowhere quickly.
    I see your point. Seems like this should have been all figured out ahead of time.