ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Yikes Basic Training is over, how do I keep a routine??

I just finished Basic for the AF, and tho it hurt sometimes, I loved it! I got used to the pain, and the routine. Knowing that every morning we do PT @ 0500 hours, I was ready for it. Now I'm in technical school, and people are telling me the PT in tech is a joke, because it's less structured than Basic. I do not want to be one of those people that get lazy, and stop working out on a daily basis, because no one is forcing you to do it. I want to keep up the same routine, and motivation I had in Basic. I'm finding it's harder to create my own workout routine in tech school. They have a gym with machines and everything, and a track, so I have the tools, I'm just not sure how to use them. I do pushups and sit ups every morning,but not nearly as many as in basic, (we did like 100) How can I create a good routine workout that is as intense as Basic? I really want to put on more muscle, I lost some weight in Basic, got down to 96 lbs Anyone have a good routine? please share.
    Last edited by ADDicted2Fit; 12-23-2009 at 04:00 PM.

.Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Basic Training should have instilled a good sense of workout discipline in you, gave you a solid base

As for setting up a routine now , maybe get someone to act drill sgt on you like a personal trainer for a while to get you back into it, teach you new variety of exercises, keep you "motivated" haha
    More Sex and Violence Please

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You'd think basic training would give you a good base but it really doesn't teach you anything about how to continue on your own or how to program. It is a pretty high level thing.

Go online or to a book store and see if you can find a good book with a workout program already done for you. (actually I think there are some on this forum that are decent) People with real training in programing have designed programs and published them just for people like you who want to workout, have the tools and the fitness but not the plan.

Makes perfect sense to use what exists already.

I like both of the New Rules of Lifting books (Cosgrove/Schuler) and Rippetoe books are good too but more strength goals. So figure out your goals and find a program from the vast many that exist.

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Originally Posted by .Zaher. View Post
    Basic Training should have instilled a good sense of workout discipline in you, gave you a solid base

As for setting up a routine now , maybe get someone to act drill sgt on you like a personal trainer for a while to get you back into it, teach you new variety of exercises, keep you "motivated" haha
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    You'd think basic training would give you a good base but it really doesn't teach you anything about how to continue on your own or how to program. It is a pretty high level thing.

Go online or to a book store and see if you can find a good book with a workout program already done for you. (actually I think there are some on this forum that are decent) People with real training in programing have designed programs and published them just for people like you who want to workout, have the tools and the fitness but not the plan.

Makes perfect sense to use what exists already.

I like both of the New Rules of Lifting books (Cosgrove/Schuler) and Rippetoe books are good too but more strength goals. So figure out your goals and find a program from the vast many that exist.
    I agree with the responses....Me? I got out of basic...at 125lbs muscle...*MREs. dfac food on schedule* rigorous exercises, pt tests...getting smoked for bullsh*t! Went to AIT and got lazy, its true I spent most of my time in class and there was really no gym remotely close that we were allowed to go to. We had PT in the mornings but it was a JOKE. So i do understand where you are coming from.

My advice is to do a bit of Googling or yahooin on some of the equipment at ur nearby gym, and if your not too afraid/shy just ask someone for advice that looks like they know what they are doing. Im sure they wont mind helping you out *specially higher ranking individuals that actually see someone taking initiative in their health* This is comin from an E-4 whos workout partners are mainly E6 and Above = ). Goodluck!