Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100)

Acne and Bulking

Ever since 4 months ago when I started bulking and eating excess calories my acne on my face has gotten so much worse. And im also almost always hot if that has any correlation. Last year I lifted weights, and boxed everyday I would have sweat dripping down my face for hours and I still had no where near as much zits as now. Im on accutane and theres still new zits popping up. Im pretty much 100% convinced excess calories cause me to create excess zits. Anyone else like this?

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BoxNSox View Post
    Ever since 4 months ago when I started bulking and eating excess calories my acne on my face has gotten so much worse. And im also almost always hot if that has any correlation. Last year I lifted weights, and boxed everyday I would have sweat dripping down my face for hours and I still had no where near as much zits as now. Im on accutane and theres still new zits popping up. Im pretty much 100% convinced excess calories cause me to create excess zits. Anyone else like this?
    this would not happen if you are eating clean... not stupid weight gainers, meats high in saturated fats... no high fruitocse corn syrup, and ESPECIAL nothing with partially or fully hydrogenated oils in the ingredients lsit.

http://www.********.com/pages/FIGHT-...0457524?ref=mf

907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) 907xxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im pretty sure what you eat has no effect on acne , its your hormones that effect that. So basically your saying since u started taking accutane or whatever its called its gotten worse? Stop taking it then

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 907xxx View Post
    im pretty sure what you eat has no effect on acne , its your hormones that effect that. So basically your saying since u started taking accutane or whatever its called its gotten worse? Stop taking it then
    what you eat is what feeds your hormonal system. hormones are stored/built from fat cells. sugar-insulin is what delivers those fat cells through your body. eliminate the two and you win...

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    what you eat is what feeds your hormonal system. hormones are stored/built from fat cells. sugar-insulin is what delivers those fat cells through your body. eliminate the two and you win...
    Does sugar from veges or sugar from a pixie stick effect the hormonal system differently? Or the fat of cow vs the fat of coconut oil?
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    half of BB.com says diet effects acne and the other half says it doesnt

i dont have acne but my skin isnt the best. and i'll tell you ive been on tons of different diets and never was i under the impression that food effects it

granted i'm only 1 person.. can diet EFFECT acne? maybe. but its definitely not a CAUSE / SOLUTION

acne is a disease. go get some accutane, have clear skin and eat whatever you want.
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoogleFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Correct. You can start eating fruits and vegetables. These are foods will help with acne.
    Don't pop the zits. Get some coconut oil for the health food store, don't buy the expensive kind. Simple put it on when going to bed. It should go away as long your diet is pretty good. You might also want to try skin brushing with a natural skin brush this should help your skin problem, just avoid open skin area.
    http://www.********.com/pages/Jersey-Fan-Page/36736240625?ref=nf

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 907xxx View Post
    Well, what you eat plays a big role in hormone production.

this would not happen if you are eating clean... not stupid weight gainers, meats high in saturated fats... no high fruitocse corn syrup, and ESPECIAL nothing with partially or fully hydrogenated oils in the ingredients lsit.
    Not true. You can eat as clean as you want......but high calories, especially with a good chunk of it from fats, plus heavy weight training = high testosterone.....especially at 17 yrs old.

To the OP, you're 17 and youre eating and hitting the weights pretty hard.....acne may be an issue. Embrace that fact that your hormones are raging and go put on some ridiculous lean body mass!! You only get this window for a few years. USE IT!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP - You mentioned you are on Accutane. Did you just start taking it (ie <month into treatment) because it is known to cause an initial breakout BEFORE actually improving your skin.
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100) BoxNSox is not very well liked. (-100)

http://www.********.com/pages/FIGHT-...0457524?ref=mf
    People like this piss me off. I do eat clean, I havent eaten fast food in a year. I pretty much live off oatmeal, eggs, protein shakes (not fcking weight gainers), apples, almonds, pb, wholewheat bread, skinless chicken, salmon and turkey.

Accutane isnt making it worse, its gotten worse ever since I started bulking. And I have been eating pretty much the exact same foods for over a year now, and it only got worse when I started eating just more of what I was already eating.

Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    Does sugar from veges or sugar from a pixie stick effect the hormonal system differently? Or the fat of cow vs the fat of coconut oil?
    sugar from veggies and fruit is unprocessed and natural, they will signal to your body faster that you are full of them (which are mainly low calorie), unlike processed sugars which makes your body want more.

Cow fat you should avoid, coconut oil is debatable as its high in saturated fat, maybe ok for bulking but lighter oils are probably a better choice.. sunflower, olive.

stay awhile and listen Deckard_Cain's Avatar
    Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deckard_Cain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Accutane isnt making it worse
    how can you be so sure...? everyone i know who has ever taken accutane said it made their acne horrible for 1-3 months before it started working.

max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) max_d_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/myths.html

Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne. In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting the acne.

Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
    how can you be so sure...? everyone i know who has ever taken accutane said it made their acne horrible for 1-3 months before it started working.
    Well im not really debating that, it may be worse. But I just started accutane and like I said my zits have gotten so much worse ever since I started bulking which was 4 months ago. Thats why im on accutane.

Originally Posted by max_d_ View Post
    http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/myths.html

Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne. In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting the acne.

yea and who sponsered that study? mcdonalds? (great job of that site not posting a reference to the study)

where do you think hormones are made... magic? they must come from somewhere... which is fat.. the amount of what ration hormone you will have depends on what fat combinations you intake.

sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    using bitters would be a good idea, it will help your liver break down the excess of hormones which contribute to acne.

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone that says it's not caused by diet are retarded. Want to know how i cleared my skin up in my early 20's? Got rid of ****ty grains and dairy in my diet, i'm not going to go into the science involved but since i started doing keto type diets with moderate carb days only once per week my skin cleared right up, things like bread and other grains cause a lot of auto immune issues, one of the primary issues is leaky gut syndrome in which toxins can be leaked into your bloodstream. Trust me, cut out bread, milk, high gi fruits and other grains for a couple months and i bet you'll see results. Also take a few tablespoons of cod liver oil a day, this is a great anit-inflammatory and helps stabilise your homones.

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well im not really debating that, it may be worse. But I just started accutane and like I said my zits have gotten so much worse ever since I started bulking which was 4 months ago. Thats why im on accutane.
    Well, at 17, your test levels are already through the roof. Couple these already high t-levels with a intense weight lifting regimen + significant surplus of kcals (aka "bulking") and you got a nice surge of testosterone flowing through you.

Not to worry though. In fact, be happy about your situation. You are at an advantage starting so young when your t-levels are already raging. Plus, you are on the strongest acne medication to combat the acne that may result from your situation.

I was in the same boat at 17. I am now 20 years old and most of my acne has cleared. It's a frustrating condition, but don't let it get ya down. Keep plugging away!
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sugar from veggies and fruit is unprocessed and natural, they will signal to your body faster that you are full of them (which are mainly low calorie), unlike processed sugars which makes your body want more.

Cow fat you should avoid, coconut oil is debatable as its high in saturated fat, maybe ok for bulking but lighter oils are probably a better choice.. sunflower, olive.
    OKAY you are not answering the question. Say i have the same amount of calories and i get it from processed sugar..and i dont eat more even though i want more i have will power..vs the fruit..you think the body will make acne with the processed sugar? explain why. Fruit is water, sugars and nutrients. pixie sticks are just lacking the nutrients and water..the body will see the sugars the same and when undergoing glycolsis(sp?) and the kreb cycle the factor as where it came from doesn't matter. If it does prove me that it does.

And why should cow fat be avoided? huh? that's a very bold statement you should back up brah. Also cocont oil is not debatable it's def fine to have, very good for one to have, saturated fat is needed. Olive and sunflower oils are fine oils to have as is mac nut oil, peanut oil, magerine, butter..all fine fats get a variety.

I still am failing to see how what is considered junk would lead to acne..just being a teen / a guy raging with hormones will have acne

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    OKAY you are not answering the question. Say i have the same amount of calories and i get it from processed sugar..and i dont eat more even though i want more i have will power..vs the fruit..you think the body will make acne with the processed sugar? explain why. Fruit is water, sugars and nutrients. pixie sticks are just lacking the nutrients and water..the body will see the sugars the same and when undergoing glycolsis(sp?) and the kreb cycle the factor as where it came from doesn't matter. If it does prove me that it does.

And why should cow fat be avoided? huh? that's a very bold statement you should back up brah. Also cocont oil is not debatable it's def fine to have, very good for one to have, saturated fat is needed. Olive and sunflower oils are fine oils to have as is mac nut oil, peanut oil, magerine, butter..all fine fats get a variety.

I still am failing to see how what is considered junk would lead to acne..just being a teen / a guy raging with hormones will have acne
    Some people have much lower resistance to insulin, when one is eating lots of carbs all day leading to insulin levels soaring and then crashing throughout the day this can cause lots of hormonal issues, when i was a teenager i had bad skin and plenty of my friends never had an issue, so the whole puberty thing is crap, if you're prone to acne it will probably be excacberated by puberty. But like i said early ditch grains and milk and i bet you'll see a difference. There was a study on acne among different populations, people like inuits and eskimos had zero skin issues. Also there was another study on acne through the decades and lo and behold, back when people ate real food i.e. meat and veg there was a much lower rate of the problem, the western diet has a huge amount to answer for in terms of ailments acne being one of them. Grains suck.

Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    What evidence do you have to support the notion that "weight gainers" and high fructose corn syrup cause acne?
    HFCS delay you from burning the fats that contain the hormones for you to break out, weight gainers dont supply proper fats and are typically loaded with useless carbs and poor fat.

also, sun tanning helps, your body has a function with vitamin D to force cholestorol to go out to the skin and be broken down.. not enough sun light means a build of choelstorol which blocks your pores..

Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    Some people have much lower resistance to insulin, when one is eating lots of carbs all day leading to insulin levels soaring and then crashing throughout the day this can cause lots of hormonal issues, when i was a teenager i had bad skin and plenty of my friends never had an issue, so the whole puberty thing is crap, if you're prone to acne it will probably be excacberated by puberty. But like i said early ditch grains and milk and i bet you'll see a difference. There was a study on acne among different populations, people like inuits and eskimos had zero skin issues. Also there was another study on acne through the decades and lo and behold, back when people ate real food i.e. meat and veg there was a much lower rate of the problem, the western diet has a huge amount to answer for in terms of ailments acne being one of them. Grains suck.
    show me these studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12472346

Goes into more detail in Loren Cordains book.

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com...-and-acne.html

This link isn't the scientific study itself because it's late here and i really can't be bothered to try and find it, but it covers the basic premise of why grains suck.

can't see my feet (bulk) c-diddy's Avatar
    c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've battled really bad acne during my teens. Left a few craters to this day on my temples. I have to agree, what you eat (like chocolate, oily foods, milk, etc..) really has no direct correlation to acne. It's your hormones. I took antibiotics and Retin A to get the cysts under control but now I wear Benzoil Peroxide on my face 24/7. Oil continually creeps up and benzoi peroxide helps keep it from getting blocked and forming a pimple. Also, sleeping face up and not on the side of my face will also help prevent pimples. In class, don't put your hand under your chin because that will also cause pimples on the bottom of my chin.

tried not drinking milk, switched to soy for a month, stopped drinking soy and milk entirely for 2 weeks no difference

Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Acne is genetically given to you by your parents. There's a gene expression specifically for acne. People develop it early or late...
    Just be yourself.

tried not drinking milk, switched to soy for a month, stopped drinking soy and milk entirely for 2 weeks no difference
    soy milk still has fat!! at that, the hormone sin this fat increases estrogen. go with fat free milk

soy milk still has fat!! at that, the hormone sin this fat increases estrogen. go with fat free milk
    already drink skim and no packaged foods

already drink skim and no packaged foods
    so keep the diet clean, and give it time for the bad hormones to exit your body. rememebr to hit up a tanning booth it heps burn off the execess cholesterol

Originally Posted by bojanglesk8 View Post
    Try this diet:

- Cut out all dairy (even whey)
    - Cut out all simple carbohydrates/sugars (it's OK to have complex carbs like brown rice because it doesn't spike insulin as much)
    - Cut out too much seafood
    - Lower your cholesterol/saturated fat/trans fat intake
    - Cut out consumption of all "junk foods"/processed foods/foods that come in plastic packages/foods heavily laden with chemicals/preservatives/hydrogenated vegetable oils/etc.

So, this would be a sample diet to aid in your acne and help build/preserve muscle:

Meal One
    6-8 egg whites, brown rice, & vegetables

Meal Two
    8 oz. chicken, brown rice, & vegetables

(Train...)

Meal Three
    8 oz. lean beef, brown rice, & vegetables

Meal Four
    Same as meal one

Meal Five
    Same as meal two

Meal Six
    Optional
    This diet is idiotic and has no variety, no one could ever follow this for all their life..so why try it? Dieting is a lifestyle..this diet wont rid acne it will just make someone crazy

This is a false post. Get your facts straight brah

so keep the diet clean, and give it time for the bad hormones to exit your body. rememebr to hit up a tanning booth it heps burn off the execess cholesterol
    YEAH give it time for the horomones to subside..they don't exit your body, they just are less active. This takes time not eating a "clean" diet. Also tanning booths cause cancer.