itsthegood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between "clean" and "dirty" food?

What is the difference between "clean" and "dirty" food?
    I'm trying to do a clean bulk and I somewhat understand..
    My usual daily consumption consist of

1st meal: 1 cup oatmeal / 2 scoop whey protein shakes / 1 banana
    2nd: 2 cups of white rice / chicken breast
    3rd (postworkout) : 2 scoop whey protein / 2 cups kashi cereal / 1 banana
    4th: chicken breast / brocolli (should I add carbs to this meal?)
    5th: can of tuna
    6th: 2 cups of 2% milk and 1 scoop whey protein / 2 tbsp nat pb

My mom sometimes cooks like a stir fry w/ chicken/brocolli or chicken curry with potatoes mixed in.. would that be considered "dirty"?

The only food I really eat outside of my diet is just home cooked meals once in awhile.. other than that I never eat fast food or eat out.

If I do I usually would get like a 12 piece at El Pollo Loco, would that be considered "dirty"?

Thanks

finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) finOx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    clean food would be like sirloin, nuts, milk, etc. dirty food is like debbie cakes, mc donalds, etc.

your diet would be considered clean

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

Originally Posted by itsthegood View Post

My mom sometimes cooks like a stir fry w/ chicken/brocolli or chicken curry with potatoes mixed in.. would that be considered "dirty"?

The only food I really eat outside of my diet is just home cooked meals once in awhile.. other than that I never eat fast food or eat out.

If I do I usually would get like a 12 piece at El Pollo Loco, would that be considered "dirty"?

Thanks
    Clean eating is eating what your eating currently keep it up

Dirty eating is eating fastfood, sweets, fried food, and most restruants.

Your eating a very good diet and your moms food sounds pretty nice, you shouldnt worry about it unless she makes fried foods or sweets.

the chicken from el pollo loco is fine if you take the skin off, if not than its not what one would call a fit meal, even home made with skin is still bad.

Hope i helped
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

itsthegood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by finOx View Post
    clean food would be like sirloin, nuts, milk, etc. dirty food is like debbie cakes, mc donalds, etc.

your diet would be considered clean
    Thanks for the clarification repped

Originally Posted by Shredded-Wolf View Post
    Clean eating is eating what your eating currently keep it up

Dirty eating is eating fastfood, sweets, fried food, and most restruants.

Your eating a very good diet and your moms food sounds pretty nice, you shouldnt worry about it unless she makes fried foods or sweets.

the chicken from el pollo loco is fine if you take the skin off, if not than its not what one would call a fit meal, even home made with skin is still bad.

Hope i helped
    Thanks man, definitely helped. repped

bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bretthobbs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks

There is technically no such thing as "clean" or "dirty" food... You could have a killer body and eat nothing but trash so long as you met the requirements everyday to get that body...

However, what I think most mean by "clean" is nutritionally dense. For example, a big mac will have lets say 500-600 calories in it but provide you almost no nutritional value aka "dirty" (lotta protein and carbs and fats but not good for you), and to get the same amount of calories from "clean" food such as cottage cheese, chicken, fruits, and veggies, would provide you a much more nutritional value.

just my 2 cents

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To quote one of the best posters that frequents this forum...

"The only difference between clean and dirty food is how much of it you eat."

There's a few ways you can interpret that they're probably all correct.

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you drppoed it on the floor, it is likely dirty.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you drop some food on the floor just obey the 5 second rule and you are good.

MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dat View Post
    To quote one of the best posters that frequents this forum...

"The only difference between clean and dirty food is how much of it you eat."

There's a few ways you can interpret that they're probably all correct.
    I came here to say that lol

When I was cutting, I didn't hesitate to eat fast food when I wanted fast food. It just sucked cause I couldn't eat much of it before I hit the calorie limit for my meal.

Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally believe that there is a big difference between clean and dirty food besides just how much of it you eat.

Example:

Grilled Chicken breast 4oz
    130 calories
    .4g saturated fat
    0 carbs
    27g protein

McDonalds crispy chicken sandwich normally 8oz but we will use half (4oz)to compare equal mass
    calories 265
    1.75g saturated fat
    29.5g carbs
    14g protein

Eating the same amount in oz of chicken breast compared to a McDonalds chicken sandwich will give you 13g more protein, 1.35g less saturated fat, and 29.5g less carbs. How can the argument be made that a chicken breast is not "cleaner" than a McDonalds chicken sandwich?

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well for starters, a mcdonalds chicken sandwich is a MEAL made up of multiple foods. And there's nothing wrong with "dirty" foods as long as the overall diet is fine.

MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nick041881 View Post
    I personally believe that there is a big difference between clean and dirty food besides just how much of it you eat.

Example:

Grilled Chicken breast 4oz
    130 calories
    .4g saturated fat
    0 carbs
    27g protein

McDonalds crispy chicken sandwich normally 8oz but we will use half (4oz)to compare equal mass
    calories 265
    1.75g saturated fat
    29.5g carbs
    14g protein

Eating the same amount in oz of chicken breast compared to a McDonalds chicken sandwich will give you 13g more protein, 1.35g less saturated fat, and 29.5g less carbs. How can the argument be made that a chicken breast is not "cleaner" than a McDonalds chicken sandwich?
    lol.

Maybe you can compare a large extra value meal to a chicken leg, next!

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks
    Like the guys above said, bodybuilders consider "clean" as another word for healthy. For things like lean meats, vegetables, your oats and wholegrain products etc. etc.

"Dirty" just means unhealthy. Things like fast food, processed food, things high in trans fat for one example. Just poor quality food in general.

So when you might hear guys say "i'm gonna start eating clean", it just means they're gonna start improving their food choices and make smarter decisions on what they eat. Cutting out the crap, and putting good stuff in.

I don't know what a 12 piece at El Pollo Loco is though sorry, i'm from Australia Someone else can comment on that one.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by MaximusJuris View Post
    lol.

Maybe you can compare a large extra value meal to a chicken leg, next!
    do it, *******. (100% srs!11!)

Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nick041881 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My goal was to compare something that I believe to be a clean food to something that I believe to be a dirty food. Obviously not an apple to apple comparison.

MaximusJuris- Do you not understand the comparison? So when your on a "cut" you would rather eat three bites of a Mcdonalds chicken sandwich (130 cals) than a whole chicken breast (130 cals)? Depriving yourself of lots of protein in the chicken breast to satisfy your junkfood craving. Makes a lot of sense.

Dat- Eating half of a tiny Mcdonalds chicken sandwich is hardly a meal. I compared equal mass. Sorry Mcdonalds website did not have the nutrition facts on just the chicken piece in the sandwich for a more accurate comparison.

OP- Your diet is considered clean. Please dont start eating fast food because of the info in this thread.

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    trans fat, cant really think of anything else
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Golden Rule:

"If they hand it to you through a Window, it ain't clean" ~ Spaz

-Spaz