lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often do you work your thighs/glutes

Thats by far my worst area, Im wondering how often everyone else works it out?

Can you work them safely 3 times a week or is that too much?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on the program/split. In general the more often you work them, the fewer exercises. So if you want to hit them 3x week you'd do 1-2 exercises. If you're hitting them once a week, then it's 3-4 exercises. Do whichever suits you. There's no right or wrong.

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I work mine twice a week. It depends on your ability to recover e.g. if you're in a calorie deficit or you're partaking in lots of endurance cardio, this will be reduced.

As freebird said- think about the total volume over the week and how many days you plan to be in the gym.

On a side note, if you're really smashing them three times a week, walking may become an issue
    Last edited by CharliC; 12-14-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50) ashlibbie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do mine twice a week too.

Registered User petitpowerhouse's Avatar
    petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) petitpowerhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just do very high intensity once a week and allow them to rest afterwards, I do a different body part for each day of the week. I personally have found this to be the most effective for faster results but everyone is different.
    "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe," - Albert Einstein

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Three times a week, but different exercises and different intensity.

lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelyfaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Great! Thanks for the replies everyone! I think we're going to do them twice a week.

jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lovelyfaith View Post

I switch it up, one month 2 times a week, one month once, one month three. I have seen the best defining with this. I have never had definition on my legs before the past few months doing this.
    SHOCK AND AWE is my mind set with working muscles!

Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taylormae is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hey! from colorado, my home state.

I work mine twice a week. One day is heavy lifting, the other is dynamic bodyweight work like walking lunges, dynamic lunges, jump squats etc and I tie that into the same day as my Body Combat class so then I get side kicks,round houses, front kicks etc. The rest of the week my legs and butt hurt too much for any more!

Not content with average queenofswords's Avatar
    queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do legs and glutes twice a week, same exercises, and change routine every 4 weeks.
    Enviable Pro bods: Sherlyn Roy; Monica Guerra; Nicole Wilkins- Lee; Rachel Cammon; Jennifer Nicole Lee.

oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oatsmore has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

twice a week, once from deadlifts on back day and the again on leg day from squats..leg press all the other leg stuff lol
    Cut Off The Dead Branches & Watch The Tree Grow

****-Team Manlet-****

----Fancy Some T-Virus??----

Disturbed Gets Me Pumped

I Always Rep Back 100%

gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i have a full seperate day for legs because I feel they are so important. So, I work them just on this one day/week and they hurt for like 3 days so that's all I need
    SQUAT! Because somewhere out there... a girl is warming up with your max.

nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic_hendy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 times a week is probably too much depending on how many days a week, 4-6 days a week you can train twice.. give your body 2 days of rest and you can train twice a week.
    Glory Glory Man United!!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Once a week.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I normally work mine once a week...sometimes twice-ish, but DOMS are typically severe enough that I can't work them more than every 4-5 days when I do train at higher frequency.

I think you can "safely" train your legs 3 times a week...but if you can, I don't expect that your training would be intense enough to do much for ya. Remember that muscle grows at rest...the gym is just there for stimulus. Not allowing your legs to totally recover (or not tearing them down enough to require recovery at all) isn't going to get you far.

Experiment by getting plenty of rest and then going as heavy (heavier and heavier) as you can for a few weeks with a full weeks of rest and add the extra day or days back in and see if your performance suffers (immediately or over time). If you are going to train that way, make sure you're eating plenty!
    Last edited by Amanda76; 12-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I normally work mine once a week...sometimes twice-ish, but DOMS are typically severe enough that I can't work them more than every 4-5 days when I do train at higher frequency.

I think you can "safely" train your legs 3 times a week...but if you can, I don't expect that your training would be intense enough to do much for ya. Remember that muscle grows at rest...the gym is just there for stimulus. Not allowing your legs to totally recover (or not tearing them down enough to require recovery at all) isn't going to get you far.

Experiment by getting plenty of rest and then going as heavy (heavier and heavier) as you can for a few weeks with a full weeks of rest and add the extra day or days back in and see if your performance suffers (immediately or over time). If you are going to train that way, make sure you're eating plenty!
    I forgot about the rest part as being needed to break and build muscles. I guess I just get over ambicious and want an overnight transformation thanks for the info and advice!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unless I'm doing full body workouts there is no way I would train legs 3x a week. You can't spot reduce so like I tell everyone...

You need to let your diet do the work...not a specific training program.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

PeachesandPuma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Great reply!

This is very helpful for me. I am trying to "grow" my glutes and wasn't sure how to accomplish this. I will use your advise. thank you

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post

CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CRascoll has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I work my glutes in one way or another 5x a week. For very heavy lifts, 2-3 of these days. I have found that the glutes are very stubborn and are more than happy to let the quads or hammies take over if you don't hit them frequently. Works for me, at least.