aceone21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I get away with this?

Hello people!!! I'm new to the site and I just start working out.
    Firstly, I'm 6'2 and 260 pounds. I want to get down to a lean 200 pounds. I want to know if I can get away with my diet and still reach my goal if I continue with my workout routine.

Diet: 5 days a week with 2 cheat days

Breakfast- cereal with milk or
    fruit salad or
    bagel with cream cheese

Cheat days- Waffel House or IHOP

Lunch- Lettuce turkey cheese mayo sandwich with potato chips or
    2 hot dogs with potato chips or
    Ramen noodles

Cheat days- Subway/Quiznos or McDonalds/Burger King

Dinner- Steamed rice with beef/chicken or
    Alfredo chicken pasta or
    Hamberger helper with sweet peas and biscuits

Cheat days- Boston Market or Applebee's or Chinese or Pizza

Workout routine: 6 days a week with 1 rest day

Morning (at home)- 3 x 25 push ups
    3 x 25 squats
    3 x 50 crunches

Evening (at the gym)- run for 15 minutes
    3 x 12 bench press
    3 x 12 pull down (front)
    3 x 12 pull down (back)
    3 x 12 arm curls
    3 x 12 leg curls (front)
    3 x 12 leg curls (back)
    run for 15 minutes

I'm also going to play basketball twice a week with some friends.

I know I eat alot but I'm hoping I can get away with it. Am I being naive? Please let me know what you all think ( be harsh!!!!!!)

blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000) blackberries is just really nice. (+1000)
    At most, ONE cheat MEAL a week. Not two entire DAYS of cheating per week. That is way too much considering you're trying to lose 60 lbs.

For breakfast, cut the bagel and cereal, completely unnecessary simple carbs. Instead, opt for some whole eggs and egg whites.

For lunch, cut the mayo, potato chips, ramen, and hotdogs. Opt for chicken or turkey with more veggies with complex carbs like brown rice.

For dinner, cut the frozen dinners; way too much sodium and low in nutritional value. Bake some salmon instead, or eat some shrimp or lean meat.

You should try to eat less in those last two meals and try to eat snacks in between. Healthy snacks range from a few nuts to some fruit. Try to incorporate a protein shake after your workout.

Before you go to bed, eat half a cup of cottage cheese.

I'm no expert but you should be eating around 2000 calories, which puts you at a 500-700 deficit. To sum it up, if you want to see results, eat healthier choices and cut the cheat days.

Originally Posted by blackberries View Post
    At most, ONE cheat MEAL a week. Not two entire DAYS of cheating per week. That is way too much considering you're trying to lose 60 lbs.

For breakfast, cut the bagel and cereal, completely unnecessary simple carbs. Instead, opt for some whole eggs and egg whites.

For lunch, cut the mayo, potato chips, ramen, and hotdogs. Opt for chicken or turkey with more veggies with complex carbs like brown rice.

For dinner, cut the frozen dinners; way too much sodium and low in nutritional value. Bake some salmon instead, or eat some shrimp or lean meat.

You should try to eat less in those last two meals and try to eat snacks in between. Healthy snacks range from a few nuts to some fruit. Try to incorporate a protein shake after your workout.

I'm no expert but you should be eating around 2000 calories, which puts you at a 500-700 deficit. To sum it up, if you want to see results, eat healthier choices and cut the cheat days.
    Thank you for the feedback. I will work work on the adjustments starting with the cheat days and focus on eating more fruits and vegetables.

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by blackberries View Post

'Great advice.

There is not a way to 'GET AWAY' with eating certain things.

Either do it right, or don't do it at all.

Seems like you are not fully committed to losing the weight and getting in shape. Nothing wrong with that, but if you 'think' you are, and you eat that crap, you are just going to quit sooner when you don't see the results you want.

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    'Great advice.

Seems like you are not fully committed to losing the weight and getting in shape. Nothing wrong with that, but if you 'think' you are, and you eat that crap, you are just going to quit sooner when you don't see the results you want.
    Its not that I'm not being serious its just that its so much easier to eat out than to always watch what you eat. I do want to get in shape so I will make the adjustments. Thanks for the feedback

giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giuntini11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aceone21 View Post
    Its not that I'm not being serious its just that its so much easier to eat out than to always watch what you eat. I do want to get in shape so I will make the adjustments. Thanks for the feedback

if you have time to go to the store and buy hamburger helper and wip it together....you have to to prep yourself lunches and snacks for the enitre week....buy some chicken and eat some chicken..RAW...just kidding not raw that would be dumb. chicken and fish all day long...with the ocasional dead baby fetus
    "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him"- Mike Tyson

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating." -Mike Tyson

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is why not everyone is bodybuilder. Its MUCH easier to not watch what you eat. Its also easier to sit on the couch instead of lifting heavy weights......just saying. Im just being honest and giving you some serious critique.....even your "clean diet" days are ridiculous. Im not an "always eat clean" type of guy, but dude....seriously....you cant really expect to chow on McD's and Pizza all day for two days a week and then bring it back "clean" with Hamburger helper and expect to lose fat? Really? I like to eat junk as much as the next guy, but the reality is that stuff is wayyyy too calorie dense to eat until youre even reasonably full and not do some serious damage to your progress.

Now, for the truth.....you CAN eat McD's and Pizza if thats really what you want, but you have to know what youre doing......as in tracking every calorie you consume and knowing what ratios of protein/fat/carbs you can consume for optimal fat loss......then realizing that Big Mac you just ate is half of your food for the entire day. Which is most of the reason why we dont eat it. Youre most likely a ways off from that....

In reality, youre far better off starting to learn healthy eating habits FIRST and then learn about bodybuilding (tracking calories and macronutrients). In the process of learning how to eat healthy you will drop some weight and then as you get more serious, you can learn about optimizing fat loss and building muscle.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

ChasingKidsW/Powertools DevilMan02's Avatar
    DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DevilMan02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

I'm in the same boat as you, however I think your ideas on your meal plan are a bit out of touch with reality. As others have advised, 2 cheat days are no good.

You should NOT be going to IHOP or Denny's. That food is loaded with butter, grease, carbs, and sugar. If you want results, you'll ball up that original "diet" approach and start fresh.

I hope the cereal you're planning on eating is plain cheerios with 2% or skim milk.
    You'll want to replace the bagel with creem cheese (~400-500 calories) with a salad or some chopped fruit--not from a can or a jar, but the fresh stuff that doesn't have syrup.

Alfredo is no good. That's cream and fat with a high carb food at night. Not at all a good idea even if you're going to buy that wheat pasta.

Get rid of the rice and replace it with a green with your beef. How about brocoili, asparagus, or spinach?

Hamburger helper isn't that great either.

Here's the easiest way to explain this to you: when you go to the grocery store. Buy stuff that is on the outter perimiter of the store. AVOID the center entirely. The outside rim of the store will have your veggies, fruits, meats, milks, cheeses, etc.

The center has all the junk foods, breads, snacks, frozen tv dinners, pies, and all the crap you shouldn't be pumping into your body. I believe stores do this so that you'll walk past these items so you'll say, 'ah why not'.

You're going to want to read losing weight for noobs in the fat loss section. I'm surprised you're not getting flamed like I did lol. Anyway good luck. And learn more so you'll get the results you want.

Again, if this is what you really want, you'll do what needs to be done. Otherwise you're just another person sucking down mcdonalds every day but getting the diet soda to aid in your weight loss.

zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10) zaidxela is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    This is why not everyone is bodybuilder. Its MUCH easier to not watch what you eat. Its also easier to sit on the couch instead of lifting heavy weights......just saying. Im just being honest and giving you some serious critique.....even your "clean diet" days are ridiculous. Im not an "always eat clean" type of guy, but dude....seriously....you cant really expect to chow on McD's and Pizza all day for two days a week and then bring it back "clean" with Hamburger helper and expect to lose fat? Really? I like to eat junk as much as the next guy, but the reality is that stuff is wayyyy too calorie dense to eat until youre even reasonably full and not do some serious damage to your progress.

Now, for the truth.....you CAN eat McD's and Pizza if thats really what you want, but you have to know what youre doing......as in tracking every calorie you consume and knowing what ratios of protein/fat/carbs you can consume for optimal fat loss......then realizing that Big Mac you just ate is half of your food for the entire day. Which is most of the reason why we dont eat it. Youre most likely a ways off from that....

In reality, youre far better off starting to learn healthy eating habits FIRST and then learn about bodybuilding (tracking calories and macronutrients). In the process of learning how to eat healthy you will drop some weight and then as you get more serious, you can learn about optimizing fat loss and building muscle.
    i agree, just watch the cal's if you plan on eating fast food etc... i eat "clean" on cuts because i can eat more food, and i like eating "healthy" food, and its easier for me to meet my macro's. You can lose weight eating "dirty" ie. calorie dense food... as long as you keep the cals where they should be, you should be fine... i wouldnt do it all the time... but theres plenty of peeps, my roommate for example, who eats junk food everyday, and still went from 250-200ish... weight isnt about what but the amount ... the what is up to you and how healthy you actually wanna be... besides you have to set it up to fit your lifestyle, its easier that way , make it fun dont make it something that you dont look forward to , if you want junk.. have it.. just know how much of it.. and you should be fine.. just remember that you can always eat a lot more food when its not "dirty (junk, calorie dense)"

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)

x2!

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by giuntini11 View Post
    if you have time to go to the store and buy hamburger helper and wip it together....you have to to prep yourself lunches and snacks for the enitre week....buy some chicken and eat some chicken..RAW...just kidding not raw that would be dumb. chicken and fish all day long...with the ocasional dead baby fetus

Actually it is not about being serious....it is about being realistic.

If you want it easier...then go eat out and don't expect a change.

I eat out 2 meals a day, if I end up having to be on the road, get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo. Eat half a bun.

Go to jack in the box and get a chicken bowl with no sauce. The best chicken? hell no, better then anything else they have there, hell yeah.

The truth is, if you have to start off your post with 'Can I get away with" the answer is no.

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)

Mostly agreed here. Good post!

And repped.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10) zeetis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Forgetting the idea about your cheat days which will screw you up, your actual 5 day diet doesn't look very good.

How do you expect to be under calorie maintenance with (for example):

Lunch- Lettuce turkey cheese mayo sandwich with potato chips or
    2 hot dogs with potato chips or
    Ramen noodles

Unless you're having tiny portions of cheese, mayo, potato chips, noodles... why not opt for something more filling? Like 2 turkey sandwhiches and no chips? And where are your veges?

It's hard to tell because you havent said portion size but there's no way that food would keep me full... meaning you are more likely to cheat.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As everyone has said that is not a healthy diet nor is it a diet. Your "diet" is like a cheat month for me (not saying I am perfect either).

You just need to go back to the drawing board and start fresh.

do you like eggs? do you like oats? they are both easy breakfast sources and can be microwaved for ease and speed (meaning you don't have to sit around preparing food for ages).

It is quite easy to george forman grill up a few chicken breasts to last a few days meals and steam some veggies, or if you really need to, instead of going to the mcdonalds go to the supermarket and buy frozen steamed veggies that require microwaving.

Dinner could be fish or steak or anything like that with some more veggies. If you "must" have your fix of unhealthy foods you could try one of your burgers here once or twice a week (everything in moderation) but I certainly wouldn't eat bad every meal of the day nor every day.

And SCRAP THE 2 Cheat days!

Snacks could be nuts of fruit (both take no preparation time)

Thanks for the help guys!!! I will do it right.

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Moderation is key to everything.

Have a pancake for breakfast once in a while, or throw some mayo on your sandwich. But keep the portions small and your overall diet is what matters.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100) Curious_Wun is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    'Great advice.

I agree. I actually thought this thread was a joke at first.