Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000) SideFX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You guys are nuts. Having a baseball bat or a hammer in your car is not NECESSARILY illegal, but the officer could interpret it as a weapon if he didn't think you were going to use them for their intended purposes. Regardless, he could never prove that in a court of law and you could never be convicted of a felon for having a bat in your car. The worst that could ever happen is you would be arrested and released later. That's only if the officer is feeling like a dick. If you make it even remotely conceivable that these items are used for legit purposes its not illegal at all. Hammer in the back seat in a tool bucket with other tools for example, there is no way in hell he would arrest you for that. Or a baseball bat on the backseat with a glove and ball beside it... good to go. Some are saying that there is, but truthfully there is no law that says you cant put a baseball bat or a hammer in your backseat while driving to practice or to work. It all comes down to the officers interpretation of intended use which can be pretty ambiguous and biased, but thats how it goes I guess.

BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500) BreakMyBody is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    The only real source I have is when a cop was searching my car at a liqour store when I was 19 and found a mini-bat next to my seat and explained that its a wierd California thing that it was actually worse technically for him to find something like that next to my seat than a gun in the trunk.

"Technically I could take you to jail" were his exact words.

Maybe he was just being a dick and harassing me....maybe its because it was a mini-bat that has no real use....who knows.

When me and my friends were going to beat some dudes asses we had a t-ball bat and 2 baseball bats and we ended up getting arrested but they never said anything about the bats being illegal (I live in Illinois)

We didn't actually beat their ass though they called the cops when we showed up and i ended up getting arrested for weed but they saw the bats
    Last edited by BreakMyBody; 12-14-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    That just means TSA is retarded, not that it can't be used as a weapon.
    To be fair, I've never seen the numbers on violence committed in the air with knitting needles, but I'll assume it's pretty rare. Probably not so rare is the amount of grannies who pass their time on flights by making garments.

Right, I'm sure if you got a knitting needle in the neck, or through the ribs into the aorta you'd just walk it off.
    Already addressed that when I mentioned being attacked by an assassin whilst in the nude.
    Don't know why you think it's something easy to get someone "through the ribs into the aorta". Knowing what you wanna do, and training to do it doesn't mean you will get it done when someone doesn't want you to.

*Your edit*
    Stop making this into the "knitting needles aren't dangerous" thread
    If someone really wanted to carry and kill with knitting needles, they could easily get some metal ones with removable, sharpened heads made. Not the easiest or safest way to hurt somebody. A heavy can of beans in a high cupboard might be dangerous to you. You could slap someone with a lifting belt and get the prong to go through their nose pierce their brain (needle through aorta). Hundreds of regular items are dangerous, what I implied was I would much rather get attacked by some knitting needles than a baseball bat.

Metal knitting needles or bat wielding baseball player. You can't fight back, run or put pressure on a wound if you're unconscious. And who needs an aorta when your brains are on the floor.
    Dillon you sob, C.I.A. got you pushing too many pencils? Fix posture - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123812871

Look like you lift and want to do Oly grip Front Squats? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164421641

Instagram: Gzus1_

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gzus, ok, you don't think knitting needles are dangerous. I do not care.

My only point is that they can quite obviously be used as a weapon, and how that relates to sandletan's statements about vehicle searches.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My only point is that they can quite obviously be used as a weapon, and how that relates to sandletan's statements about vehicle searches.
    I only planned on quoting you on legality of concealed weapon with no permit. You then brought in the probable cause and needles which like you said was between you and sandletan. A quick look at FL statutes concerning weapons and car and the definition of weapon, knitting needles ain't no weapon and so aren't illegal to have in your lap.

So I agree with you, knitting needles in the open (forgetting all else) is not probable cause to search......because isn't not a deadly weapon.

Gzus, ok, you don't think knitting needles are dangerous. I do not care.
    Kreem, you can't give me a high five for this quick talk. I do not care.
    Dillon you sob, C.I.A. got you pushing too many pencils? Fix posture - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123812871

Look like you lift and want to do Oly grip Front Squats? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164421641

Instagram: Gzus1_

DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrDouchebag has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Doctor by hobby, douchebag by profession.

rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rockstar26 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    In the great state of Colorado, it is perfectly legal to keep a loaded firearm in your personal conveyance without a permit. Long guns such as rifles and shotguns cannot be loaded. It's a little thing called "personal protection while traveling." Ironically, I learned this at a CCW class.

That said, my car was searched in high school, and an officer found my girl's softball bat and asked what I was doing with it. I said, "Playing softball." No ticket. No jail. Not illegal.

TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000) TPower81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol so you guys carry the bat for road rage or sketchy situations.

BRB bringing bat to gunfight.

...btw, what do you do if you drive a hatchback?
    wut?

GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000) GFreg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TPower81 View Post
    ...btw, what do you do if you drive a hatchback?
    I drive a hatchback and I am now scared that I will get arrested on the way to the golf course because my clubs don't fit in the trunk area.

BRB dressing up like this guy to make it painfully clear that I only intend to use my clubs to play golf.
    Too many Kelvins up in here!

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart. You got that!" ~Ash Williams

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    generally a weapon in plain view neg me please sitting in the passenger seat could give law enforcement probable cause to search the vehicle. whether a bat qualifies as a weapon - i dunno. probably varies by state.

to be fair it would take a dick cop to be like hey neg me please theres a bat in the passenger seat and i see youre on your way to a baseball game, but im gonna need you to step out of the car plz

also neg me please strong decade-long bump

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aCb123 View Post
    pretty sure its illegal to have a bat in the car without a ball. friend got arrested once for having one in his car and the charge was like posession of a deadly weapon.
    . You moron, you can have a metal club, like the anti theft one..in your car..it's metal and worse than a baseball bat, you can have a hockey stick, throwing darts, pretty much anything but illegal guns and illegal knives

WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WABeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is legal to keep a gun in your car in most states ( with a CPL), so im pretty sure that would be legal too lol.

repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) repsDTGdaily has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post
    generally a weapon in plain view neg me please sitting in the passenger seat could give law enforcement probable cause to search the vehicle. whether a bat qualifies as a weapon - i dunno. probably varies by state.

to be fair it would take a dick cop to be like hey neg me please theres a bat in the passenger seat and i see youre on your way to a baseball game, but im gonna need you to step out of the car plz

also neg me please strong decade-long bump
    was this a mod edit? lmfao
    "Is that really a fukin question? Do you need two hands to count your IQ, or is one enough." - residesinAZ

jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jackamo2887 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had a mate get arrested for driving to baseball practice with a bat in his car.

Took his bat, his glove, his car, got fired for having a record, wife left him, kids hate him.

damn baseball bats.

canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was pulled over by cops once who searched my vehicle and found cigarette papers, a pack of swisher sweets, and a scale.
    They kept trying to intimidate me about my "paraphernalia" lol.

Not a dayum thing they could do.

So a bat and hammer ain't no problem

EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was this thread revived for the 10 year challenge thing?