apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Day Split, 5 Day Split, or a Full Body (3x) workout for burning most fat?

Was wondering what would work best for burning most fat.

3 Day split (Chest/Tris-Mon;Back/Bis-Wed;Legs-Fri)

5 Day Split (Chest-Mon;Back-Tues;Legs-Wed;Rest-Thur;Arms-Fri;Shoulders-Sat)

Full Body Mon, Wed, & Fri.

Cardio will be done every 5x week (30min/day) no matter which workout..

Which one would be best?

Thanks!
    April 2007 - Age 16 - 261lbs
    October 2009 - Age 19 - 180lbs
    Now - October 2010 - Age 20 - ~196.6lbs

Check Out My Personal Songs On Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/apdunshiz18#p/u/4/aOOe0xFdLeg

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calorie deficit would work, any of those programs would work for retaining muscle, the cardio can stay as well.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    Calorie deficit would work, any of those programs would work for retaining muscle, the cardio can stay as well.
    you even read what I wrote?

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by apdunshiz View Post
    you even read what I wrote?
    I did, and you seem to think that a workout program will melt the fat off, do you know how to lose fat?

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Either one...

I don't really like doing full bodyworkouts though simply because I enjoy going to the gym. So I would rather go 5x per day instead of 3x.

If you don't really like going then the full body workout 3x per week would be sufficient.
    add me : http://www.********.com/mbobilin
    fat loss log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128202591

Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    I did, and you seem to think that a workout program will melt the fat off, do you know how to lose fat?
    Haha. You are funny. I used to weight 260 lbs man. Just trying to see what's been working for other people because I honestly didn't lose the fat with weight lifting. I did mostly cardio. Now, as I understand, Weight Lifting burns more fat than cardio alone done due to the fact of the body needing to repair the muscle tissue.

Originally Posted by Tanulean View Post
    Either one...

I don't really like doing full bodyworkouts though simply because I enjoy going to the gym. So I would rather go 5x per day instead of 3x.

If you don't really like going then the full body workout 3x per week would be sufficient.
    Thanks man. Good advice. Repped!

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Probably not significant, but if the full body workouts had more overall compound-type lifts involved than the splits, you might be burning more calories simply doing more of the big/heavy movements.

Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tanulean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weight lifting doesn't necessarily burn more fat then cardio... It prevents you from losing LBM and even gaining some LBM.

Haha. You are funny. I used to weight 260 lbs man. Just trying to see what's been working for other people because I honestly didn't lose the fat with weight lifting. I did mostly cardio. Now, as I understand, Weight Lifting burns more fat than cardio alone done due to the fact of the body needing to repair the muscle tissue.
    Hmm, good job on the weight loss, but the cardio was a way to create a calorie deficit, and thats what caused your weight loss. Now if you want to lose more fat, just keep doing what you've been doing and if you've stopped losing fat, then a higher calorie deficit would be needed, not a new workout program.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought he said he was doing cardio no matter what, along with the weights?

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    I thought he said he was doing cardio no matter what, along with the weights?
    exactly

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, you've been given some bad information. Weight training does very little to help you lose fat. If you take long rest periods, you would be lucky to burn 200 calories in one session. As for losing fat because your body has to repair muscles, that is completely false and you should just push it out of your brain forever.

Your question doesn't make much sense. It doesn't matter which lift routine you do; it won't have an effect on your fat loss. If you aren't losing fat to your satisfaction, there's only two things you can do:

1. Eat less
    2. Do more cardio

Those are your two options. Nothing else matters when it comes to losing fat specifically.

Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shinet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5 Split in my opinion. Gives you a focus on a particular part of the body, and you can rip it apart.
    Just be yourself.

Originally Posted by Cachexic View Post
    OP, you've been given some bad information. Weight training does very little to help you lose fat. If you take long rest periods, you would be lucky to burn 200 calories in one session. As for losing fat because your body has to repair muscles, that is completely false and you should just push it out of your brain forever.

Your question doesn't make much sense. It doesn't matter which lift routine you do; it won't have an effect on your fat loss. If you aren't losing fat to your satisfaction, there's only two things you can do:

1. Eat less
    2. Do more cardio

Those are your two options. Nothing else matters when it comes to losing fat specifically.
    Really?

How much research have you seriously done?

1. More muscle = More calories burned. That **** has been true forever.
    2. Whenever you strength-train any muscle group, the muscle NEEDS to repair. As we all know, your body does it's most "rejuvenation" during rest periods AKA: sleep. Therefore, your muscles do "repair" during any sleep period, or periods of rest. That especially means you burn calories while you sleep.
    3. More muscle = Higher metabolism. Faster metabolism = greater calories burned.

Do research before you post something that you think you know that is true. You can ask anyone on bb.com this ****. Its really common sense anyways.

Fearing Chuck Norris! Nutshell20's Avatar
    Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutshell20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your thinking about this way too much. Lift, eat in a deficit and meet your protein requirements and you'll be fine. Diet is king...remember that! Good luck.
    You're not fooling anyone.

alanaragonblog.com - He has forgotten more than most will ever know.

BTK-BLEED TIME KREW!

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really?

2. Whenever you strength-train any muscle group, the muscle NEEDS to repair. As we all know, your body does it's most "rejuvenation" during rest periods AKA: sleep. Therefore, your muscles do "repair" during any sleep period, or periods of rest. That especially means you burn calories while you sleep.
    3. More muscle = Higher metabolism. Faster metabolism = greater calories burned.

Do research before you post something that you think you know that is true. You can ask anyone on bb.com this ****. Its really common sense anyways.

Are you seriously biting my head off because I tried to help you?

And I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. You have no clue how to lose fat, which is probably why you made this thread to begin with.

One pound of muscle burns approximately five calories a day. I'd post a reputable source but you're incredibly rude and not worth the effort.

EDIT: Oh, you're 19. That explains it.

scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Really?

you cant expect too gain much if any muscle whilst cutting let alone any amount significant enough to aid in bodyfat loss. I think the goal should be to try to maintain the muscle you have with weigh training but then focus your attention on cardio and diet.

Originally Posted by Cachexic View Post

Are you seriously biting my head off because I tried to help you?

And I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. You have no clue how to lose fat, which is probably why you made this thread to begin with.

One pound of muscle burns approximately five calories a day. I'd post a reputable source but you're incredibly rude and not worth the effort.

EDIT: Oh, you're 19. That explains it.
    I dont agree with the being 19 part BTW. Some 19 yr olds know what they're doing.

Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pedroli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Really?

What you said is somewhat true, but the other guy was correct too. You're talking about a muscular guy ALREADY, so, if he has more muscle he will burn more (a little more, it's not that much). but the other guy (who was trying to help you), was talking about someone not shredded YET. You burn a lot more calories with cardio than with weight lifting, but if you're aiming for the long term, then of course muscle will demand more energy from the metabolism than fat.

I didn't do any research since i'm graduating i'm medicine, hope that doesn't bother you.

Anyway, all the plans can work if you stick to the creation of a calorie deficit. i'm doing 5 day splits and i'm seeing results. If you want cardio help or rely on diet, it doens't matter. I advice you should eat in maintenance level and choose any of the plans you mentioned, you'll see results anyway. You sure do know how to lose fat judging by your great fat loss.

cumps
    Last edited by Pedroli; 12-13-2009 at 01:23 PM.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For you guys saying weight lifting does not help burn fat you are definetely wrong. If you use supersets with no rest periods and move straight on to the next exercises; you can definetely get a cardio effect out of it.

Question

Originally Posted by DavidJr74 View Post
    For you guys saying weight lifting does not help burn fat you are definetely wrong. If you use supersets with no rest periods and move straight on to the next exercises; you can definetely get a cardio effect out of it.
    Ya because this is how you should train. :\

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People burn fat off without cardio by eating under their maintenance level WITH lifting. This is dfferent then eating say 500-700 calories more and then losing that with a cardio session. (Just examples, not real numbers)

As for the workout, I would do the 3 day split because I'm still young and don't even have a license yet =[. But if you like going to the gym (Like the other guy said) and aren't too busy I'd do the 5 day split.

All in all, it won't matter what workout you do unless you train considerably harder with one method vs the other.